Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Don't you use one of those motherboards, Fabio? Do you have this issue too, or is your case always open because of testing watercooling components?
Yes I had that issue, but is not an issue actually. If you have a thin backplate on the gpu It just push a bit, but nothing crazy. I was using my GPU without backplate in that case.
Now, because I had to mount the Optane cable, I’ve removed the backplate form the Morherboard and kept the GPU one.
There is still a bit of pressure but it’s really not important.
About the top/bottom panel, that’s no true it makes bulge it. You have to press a bit to close the panel, but there is no bulge.
I think, form the picture, @JRey is not using the included riser. Mine and the advertised one are different, and that is the reason why. (i've discovered it using the same that @JRey is using when I've received the case).
Here mine/included one
riser.jpg

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
This case is dope! Pretty sure with 3mm more in height, 2mm wide and 3mm in length can still be below 10L, and fits everything better!
(@Wahaha360 of course keeping the golden ratio!)
So 221x135x332 9,9L Instead of 9,8! ??
But ALL the SLIM radiator support!
You need stand-off of 21mm for the GPU (2slots or 3slots). And the front golden ratio is kept! ???

Just thought of a great mod/accessory! I'm going to model it tomorrow.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
BTW, for the one interested, here the temp without overclock, so with the default AMD settings!
That VRM section are fucking amazing now. And a DELTA of 13C (EDIT: CORRECTED!) for such a small case and 1 rad only, WOW! I have to play a bit some games! Or I do a 3D mark Benchmark to check the mixed scenario.
standard fan.jpg

Last edited:

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
About the top/bottom panel, that’s no true it makes bulge it. You have to press a bit to close the panel, but there is no bulge.
I think, form the picture, @JRey is not using the included riser. Mine and the advertised one are different, and that is the reason why. (i've discovered it using the same that @JRey is using when I've received the case).
Here mine/included one
View attachment 689
I am using the included riser.
more pictures to give different views.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Here mine/included one
View attachment 689
I am using the included riser.
more pictures to give different views.

Oh, this means they've changed the riser! Sorry man!

Yep, notice the difference in how the riser cable exits the slot on motherboard. The old included on comes out straight and must be folded 180 degrees before making 90 degree turn between strut and motherboard vs new included riser which exits straight away towards strut and needs only a single 90 degree turn. I think this makes it less flat.

Something else I noticed but of no significance (I think) is shape of the "cutout" in the top strut is on a different side of the strut..I wonder what purpose it serves? Looks like in the new v1.1 it creates more space for riser to pass between motherboard backplate and strut.

Reactions: PBJ and fabio

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
On the buy page there is a part that says resources its in there
Use the first optimumtech video

Yea the video is nice and helpful but the riser standoff part is rather confusing. I can't quite figure out the orientation.

Edit: Here are some photos. Does this look right?
Also the riser cable doesn't seem long enough to wrap around the top. Is it supposed to go under?

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Yea the video is nice and helpful but the riser standoff part is rather confusing. I can't quite figure out the orientation.

Edit: Here are some photos. Does this look right?
Also the riser cable doesn't seem long enough to wrap around the top. Is it supposed to go under?

Thanks all. I think I got it right. Since I can't fully build it yet till the rest of my components come in, it's just on display now.

Those pics are really nice, even the ones that you are asking for help on. If I was asking for help I would have just taken crappy photos with my phone and posted them here but no, you got out your camera and took high quality photos just to ask a question!
Looking forward to your build and the pictures you're (most likely) going to take of it!

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
Those pics are really nice, even the ones that you are asking for help on. If I was asking for help I would have just taken crappy photos with my phone and posted them here but no, you got out your camera and took high quality photos just to ask a question!
Looking forward to your build and the pictures you're (most likely) going to take of it!
Thanks mate I pulled out the macro lens for the first two pics cuz I couldn’t quite nail the focus on my iphone.

Will def post more pics once I have everything.