Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@fabio the fan on top of the motherboard only possible in 2-slot mode? I figure the block + fitting would take up all the height in 3-slot mode. That additional fan could help as intake to aid the chimney airflow, maybe. You're gonna run some tests now for temps?
@ciaran clare because he can ?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio the fan on top of the motherboard only possible in 2-slot mode? I figure the block + fitting would take up all the height in 3-slot mode. That additional fan could help as intake to aid the chimney airflow, maybe. You're gonna run some tests now for temps?
@ciaran clare because he can ?
In 3 slots you can have a 92mm fan! Even of 25mm. I had it and showed in my build log. ;)

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
In 3 slots you can have a 92mm fan! Even of 25mm. I had it and showed in my build log. ;)
yeah I remember that! still have a Noctua A9 PWM stashed away for it haha my previous question was just for the A12x15 in 3 slot mode ?

EDIT: though I'm now using the Strix board which M.2 area is taller than the Aorus board so probably only the A9x14 would fit. Can't wait for the case to come and start playing with the parts!

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
One can really feel your obsession @fabio and @DrHudacris (in a good way)

Never paid that much attention to the Aquasuite, but realy diggin the way everything is presented and @fabio already proved how much one can do with this powerful software.
This case is dope! Pretty sure with 3mm more in height, 2mm wide and 3mm in length can still be below 10L, and fits everything better!
(@Wahaha360 of course keeping the golden ratio!)
So 221x135x332 9,9L Instead of 9,8! ??
But ALL the SLIM radiator support!
You need stand-off of 21mm for the GPU (2slots or 3slots). And the front golden ratio is kept! ???

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
This case is dope! Pretty sure with 3mm more in height, 2mm wise and 3mm in length can still be below 10L, and fits everything better! (@Wahaha360 of course keeping the golden ratio!)

Yes for sure, I know this is against @Wahaha360's original design goals for the case, but 3mm more space in the radiator compartment (even just height only) would open up a lot of radiator options. Can the top panel alone be redesigned with a few mm extra height? Not sure if this would be feasible, but that would be a nice accessory even!

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Not a big problem, just a suggestion. Motherboards with a backplate cause the PCIE riser cable to bulge out a bit, which will make the top-bottom plate bulge a little as well.

Mobo is a Gigabyte Aorus B550i.

Possible solutions for rev 1.2 or 2.0.
1- Slightly increase the height to allow the bottom-top plates to sit flush when a backplate is present.
2- Move the motherboard standoffs to allow for the riser cable to sit lower when a backplate is used. This will reduce the radiator + fan space a bit (maybe 1-2mm) so it’s not really ideal.
3- During CnC, remove more material on the top/bottom plate to allow space for the riser cable if a backplate is present.

I may attempt option 3 myself since a family member has his own CnC machine, but we’ll see.

Adding link here because button is broken for me.

Last edited: