Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
SO, the Noctuas I have , are almost everywhere 15,30mm thick.
The Kaze Flex, 14,9 in the center and 14,8 at the corners!
The Kaze Flex structure is also less rigid!
Excellent! I just ordered some Kaze flex Slim's and will do some experimenting! I insist on the third fan so... Ordered the xflow! I think I will have to mod it slightly, but if it fits, it will clean up tubing runs a lot!

Reactions: thelaughingman

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Excellent! I just ordered some Kaze flex Slim's and will do some experimenting! I insist on the third fan so... Ordered the xflow! I think I will have to mod it slightly, but if it fits, it will clean up tubing runs a lot!
I am pretty sure the Xflow is worse compared to the normal GTS! Yes, text it! The third fan can help to gain 1/2C! I’ve tried it on the TX!
I think I will ask someone to sand 0,75mm for each side the GTS!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I am pretty sure the Xflow is worse compared to the normal GTS! Yes, text it! The third fan can help to gain 1/2C! I’ve tried it on the TX!
I think I will ask someone to sand 0,75mm for each side the GTS!

Yeah, for like-to-like testing, xflow is worse, but with third fan it might equal out and also the tubing runs will be better.

Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Yeah, for like-to-like testing, xflow is worse, but with third fan it might equal out and also the tubing runs will be better.
Cool! BTW, are you sure you can have the second fan below? I've checked the dimension and is 123mm in the part that should go inside the front strut to clean for the second fan!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
BTW, there is also this Bitspower beauty, based on the LS240 of hardware labs but with 4 ports like the ST30 of Alphacool!
Maybe I will try to see if it fits with the Kaze Flex.
Otherwise, I can try with two Slip Stream 12mm 2000rpm!

And I want to WILL try the Magicool G2 actually! Seems to be one of the best 27mm rads!

Last edited:

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
BTW, there is also this Bitspower beauty, based on the LS20 of hardware labs but with 4 ports like the ST30 of Alphacool!

And I want to try the Magicool G2 actually! Seems to be one of the best 27mm rads!

Wait, so these 29.6mm radiators fit without a problem? 29.6mm plus 14.9mm Kaze Flex comes down to 44.5mm, 2.5mm more than the 42mm limit under the motherboard...? There doesn't seem to be a visible bulge on the top panel like Optimum Tech's ST30 as well.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Wait, so these 29.6mm radiators fit without a problem? 29.6mm plus 14.9mm Kaze Flex comes down to 44.5mm, 2.5mm more than the 42mm limit under the motherboard...? There doesn't seem to be a visible bulge on the top panel like Optimum Tech's ST30 as well.
Never said "without a problem".
The 27mm are still the best and the limit.
The TX240 is the best radiator I've tried until now. With 3 slim fans is even better (1/2C).
I am not sure the Bitspower fits like the GTS, or even fits actually.
The GTS is mounted without bracket or screws and push against the side panels.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Never said "without a problem".
The 27mm are still the best and the limit.
The TX240 is the best radiator I've tried until now. With 3 slim fans is even better (1/2C).
I am not sure the Bitspower fits like the GTS, or even fits actually.
The GTS is mounted without bracket or screws and push against the side panels.

I am scared to ask, what build number is this?

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
I paid some on mine. Wasn’t a lot and certainly wasn’t full value.

Ah fair enough. Were you part of the test shipping?

anyone has experienced this Alphacool SLI terminal? From the pictures it looks like if you add 2 90 degree fittings you get something similar to the EK-FC Terminal Rotary 90°, cheaper as well but probably limited to just Alphacool GPU block

I haven’t assembled anything yet but I did just switch over the terminal fitting on my Alphacool GPU block to the SLI terminal. It comes with the GPU block. Here’s a photo of it next to the original fitting, so you can visually compare the two

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Easy!
Bitspower DDC top and DDC 1T Plus PMW, HW Labs GTS240, Noctuas slim Fans against the top panel, Quick DIsconnect fittings, 2 Slots mode, 1 GPU, EKWN 10/16 Torque fittings and ZMT tubing. ?

It's more that I give up following all your new builds, If I were to keep up with you on the best config, I'd be broke in no time haha. I will stick with my DC-LT 40 for the time being

AgusW

Chassis Packer
Jul 20, 2020
Easy!
Bitspower DDC top and DDC 1T Plus PMW, HW Labs GTS240, Noctuas slim fans against the top panel, Quick DIsconnect fittings, 2 Slots mode, 1 GPU, EKWB 10/16 Torque fittings and ZMT tubing. ?

Hey Fabio are u going to try to sand that rad? Or just leave it as it is?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hey Fabio are u going to try to sand that rad? Or just leave it as it is?
I don't know where I should bring it to get sanded! I would like it though! But soon I am going on holiday, so, I will think again at it beginning of September!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
BTW, there is also this Bitspower beauty, based on the LS20 of hardware labs but with 4 ports like the ST30 of Alphacool!

And I want to try the Magicool G2 actually! Seems to be one of the best 27mm rads!

I saw this earlier when I was looking at HWL L series, it's on US Amazon so I bought it to test also! Haha, great minds! I bet with a little sanding of the sides it will fit easily.

For the xflow, I know I will have to modify the end tank a little. 3.4mm/2 so just 1.7mm of somehow modding (sand? Bend?)

And wow..you are telling me maybe 3rd fan is possible with the GTS? Of course, if the bitspower Leviathan works with 3 fans more easily, and performance isn't much worse, then I think that's the one to pick.

Reactions: Khanele and fabio