Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
First time "custom" watercooling (actually just changing the tube HAHA),
Disassembled LT240 today and prepare for the T1 to come,
just want to share my excitement with you all and hope you guys wouldn't mind seeing this noob move~Cheers

If it's used I would suggest opening the water block to inspect the inside because it might be partially clogged up.
I see now that it's been said multiple times so that was a bit unneccesary but thanks for the tip with the lemon juice and toothbrush.
I'm waiting with doing mine until the case is delivered so that I can cut the hoses to the exact size I need, but I'll be sure to use this method.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
So I stumbled upon this video and was wondering if anybody has experience with this stuf?
I've got the ek cryofuel ready for use, but am kinda wondering if this might be a better approach for a relatively carefree loop.

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
So I stumbled upon this video and was wondering if anybody has experience with this stuf?
I've got the ek cryofuel ready for use, but am kinda wondering if this might be a better approach for a relatively carefree loop.
Specialty fluids like Primochill Vue are the last thing you'll want to use for a relatively carefree loop. There are plenty of horror stories of Vue clogging up ppl's blocks and even Jay has another video where Vue made a huge mess. The best bet is always distilled water + biocide/clear concentrate coolant.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

If you watch more of his builds of his personal system you will see that it is a pain in the ass to maintain and is unpredictable to use. KISS (keep it simple stupid)

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
The EKWB clear coolant is the best I’ve tried till now
I second this! EK cryofuel clear premix!
I wanted to buy some clear cryofuel this time to test it against the alphacool ckc but I could fine any readily available or any that wasn't lavishly overpriced. So now I have a gallon of ckc coming instead because it was the only thing I could find lol. Is it that much better than the other premixes?

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
On the other hand, many of us are beaming with excitement going from 7.2 L to ~10 L

My poor Dan A4 case all those months running like a toaster with poor airflow, but finally getting time to cool off
I've gone from a Velka5 so I'm almost doubling volume but the reductions in temps and noise will be worth it along with the increase in quality and build options.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Assuming the entire loop is pure copper only, would both of you recommend the EKWB coolant over distilled water + biocide (Copper Sulphate)?

I just prefer premixed convenience personally, that's all. Distilled water and biocide is fine I think. Are you using copper fittings, too though?

I wanted to buy some clear cryofuel this time to test it against the alphacool ckc but I could fine any readily available or any that wasn't lavishly overpriced. So now I have a gallon of ckc coming instead because it was the only thing I could find lol. Is it that much better than the other premixes?
I'm sure it's fine! I don't think there are too many problems with any clear premix.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
That’s the way! ??
Oh @fabio, you were so close! ?

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
I just prefer premixed convenience personally, that's all. Distilled water and biocide is fine I think. Are you using copper fittings, too though?
Understood. I’ll be using brass compression fittings (TPV) with some other copper / brass fittings (T Splitter, QDC, etc).