Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
this is my go to solution as well so far. it adds a little extra work but it's useful for more than just filling loops. if you ever need to take parts out you could essentially remove anything. more contact points could mean more leaking points but the alphacool nylon tpv quick disconnects have been solid for 2 months so far. but idt you could add enough in this case to do that due to space. maybe with their new lineup or slimmer quick disconnects.

Mentioned this on Reddit someone asked the same question. It's simple to fill the LT Solo via the port, disconnect CPU 8 pin uninstall the LT SOLO you should have enough slack to bring the LT SOLO to the highest point to ensure you are able to fully fill the loop. Cycle PC until the loop is filled. Re-Install LT SOLO.

Reactions: shopan

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
this is my go to solution as well so far. it adds a little extra work but it's useful for more than just filling loops. if you ever need to take parts out you could essentially remove anything. more contact points could mean more leaking points but the alphacool nylon tpv quick disconnects have been solid for 2 months so far. but idt you could add enough in this case to do that due to space. maybe with their new lineup or slimmer quick disconnects.
which TPV QDC do you have? the older HF one or newer ES one? since I'm already using the Eisstation 40 the point is kinda moot for me now.

But before when I was considering non-Alphacool, i.e. EK ZMT + Quantum Torque + DDC setup, the solution I came up with was putting a Torque T fitting + a ball valve at the lowest point in the loop (along the bottom of the GPU chamber). It would be so simple to drain the loop, just turn the valve and coolant pouring out due to gravity. Then when it's time to fill, just flip the entire case and let gravity do the work again.

Reactions: DrHudacris

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
You'll be able to use whatever CPU block you wanted. It can also make filling the loop easier since the fill port on the LT solo is on the block and kinda hard to fill from. This is my perspective from a watercooling noob, but it does complicate the loop a bit. You'll have to get extra fittings that you might not need otherwise? (I'm not sure about that actually). I decided to go all out with my loop and I think using the DC-LT 40 will make filling the loop a lot easier.
Yeah about that, I was wondering if I can't permanently attach a hose to the fillport of the LT240 CPU block and have that attached to the rear port with some sort of filler cap attachment that screws into the back port for easier draining and filling of the system.
That would be ideal.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I think the same too,I bought dan case A4 and ncase M1 without a shipping problem in the past.I hope we can solve he problem...
where are you based at? I'm in Vietnam and shipping between CN-VN is slower than CN-US despite the US being an ocean away while VN is next door neighbour. Go figures I guess.

Kylenol

Chassis Packer
Nov 15, 2019
Hey everybody, long time watcher of this forum. First time posting. I've seen a couple builds so far of this awesome case. I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. Mine says it's coming from Guangzhou China and it's shipping to Canada. Has anyone else had any good experience shipping to Canada? I haven't seen any other posts about this destination. Curious if there were any problems or hoops you had to jump through.

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
Looks like Barrow have just released a cpu block/pump combo.... http://www.barrowint.com/news/x/1607.html

DDC?

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Hey everybody, long time watcher of this forum. First time posting. I've seen a couple builds so far of this awesome case. I'm waiting for mine to arrive in the mail. Mine says it's coming from Guangzhou China and it's shipping to Canada. Has anyone else had any good experience shipping to Canada? I haven't seen any other posts about this destination. Curious if there were any problems or hoops you had to jump through.

Another Canadian. Did you read at least 75 pages (370-445) before posting? You will know, many Canadian in here :D

Reactions: Kylenol

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
Looks quite promising aside from the height though. Judging by this diagram the plane where the G1/4 ports are located is roughly 50mm in height. With Koolance's 20mm high swivel 90-degree adapter there is a chance that this might fit in a two-slot T1 but only barely.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I sincerely recommend avoiding aquatuning.us at all costs in the future. It took them almost 10 days to reply regarding the delay with my order. July 16 they tell me my order is ready to ship minus a couple 90 deg fittings they expect in stock on the 21st. I say no problem I can wait. On the 21st they tell me the 90 deg fittings are still not in stock. So now I say screw it please ship my order without the 90 deg fittings.

9 days later they finally reply and tell me the LT Solo from my order is out of stock. So the unit they set aside for me on the 16 is missing or they likely sold to another customer but they won't admit it. Never again. I don't know why it took me this long to realize you are better off ordering from Taobao through Superbuy. Prices end up being slightly cheaper as well. Items are difficult to find but googling helps.
Since I live in Germany, I use Aquatuning.de. I always had good experience with them and my last order went smooth. One part wasn't in stock and I got an email not even 24 hours after ordering. Also the support was very responsive (I wrote with them in German).
The item not in stock was the DC-LT 2600, so I decided to get my pump through a kit, that isn't much more expensive, but for some reason available earlier.

My biggest problem will be deciding on going for a 2070s or waiting for 3000/big navi, because my 1080 Gaming X will never get close to fit in the T1.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Since I live in Germany, I use Aquatuning.de. I always had good experience with them and my last order went smooth. One part wasn't in stock and I got an email not even 24 hours after ordering. Also the support was very responsive (I wrote with them in German).
The item not in stock was the DC-LT 2600, so I decided to get my pump through a kit, that isn't much more expensive, but for some reason available earlier.

My biggest problem will be deciding on going for a 2070s or waiting for 3000/big navi, because my 1080 Gaming X will never get close to fit in the T1.
Why wouldn't the MSI Gaming X fit? Spec sheet states that it is 140mm tall.

@Wahaha360 put a evga 2080 ftw3 in and it is the same height

max GPU height around 155mm, I fitted the EVAG RTX 2080 FTW3 inside, so 2.785 slot 140mm tall is not a problem.
get back to you on SFX-L, but unlikely for best temps.

Reactions: aexeq

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
@Chaca @Navic @Nero and anyone else that might order the same fittings I did:

I would add a 45 degree fitting or two. I got my fittings today and started fitting everything today to see how it would all fit. I was attempting to get my DC-LT 40 to be around the same height as @fabio to get that nice, clean tubing run from the GPU to the res. I wasn't able to do that with the fittings I got. You could add another extension fitting, but I will just use a 45 degree fitting.

Note: I am using the Alphacool 240 rad (the 25mm one). I used a rotary fitting with a 20mm extender fitting.