Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
@fabio: since you have tried both fans on mobo (internal) side of a 240mm rad and on the external side: did you ever notice turbulence noise? Especially with having fans flush against the outer panel?

The fans against the external panel would be in exhaust so there wouldn't be any turbulence

James

Efficiency Noob
Feb 6, 2020
And here, the system ready!
I am using for both the fans the Noctua Low Noise Adapter and the pump range is between 25% and 45%.
With a 30 minutes Blender test the CPU stays at 69/70C and the coolant temp is 40C (32 in Idle).
In the ASUS board the Chipset reach 70C (With the Gigabyte was 65 MAX).

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I'm currently in the process of working out an instructions manual with @gwertheim over on the FormD reddit along with input from other early T1 owners. I'm helping out a buddy assemble his case this Friday while using that opportunity to take high res photos of the entire assembly process. Will also have a written guide to go alongside of it. That is, unless someone beats me to taking photos for the manual then there's no need for me lol.

I used some of the different instructions people posted and whatever videos and pictures I had on hand. The only thing I couldn’t figure out was the GPU support bracket on the back. Assembly was easy enough once you start looking at the pieces and builds from others. I ended up having to go back and swap some screws around. It’s a lot of fun putting it together though.

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
Anyone of you ever build Lego before?, there is plenty of videos/documents to put it together with the use of a little brain power.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
This is how my build is so far! This is my first time doing a custom loop and installing the gpu waterblock was extremely stressful. I think I took 5 years off my life from it. Installing the card was a little difficult tho. It didn’t seem like the riser card was lining up very well and I loosened some screws and got it to fit. I’m just missing my tubes and fittings. I think my tubing got delivered to the wrong place though since the box isn’t in my mailbox. USPS is taking ages to deliver my fittings as well. Hopefully I can finish my build in the next couple of days.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
This is how my build is so far! This is my first time doing a custom loop and installing the gpu waterblock was extremely stressful. I think I took 5 years off my life from it. Installing the card was a little difficult tho. It didn’t seem like the riser card was lining up very well and I loosened some screws and got it to fit. I’m just missing my tubes and fittings. I think my tubing got delivered to the wrong place though since the box isn’t in my mailbox. USPS is taking ages to deliver my fittings as well. Hopefully I can finish my build in the next couple of days.

I'm about to spend 5 years just trying to figure out what I need for a custom loop if I decide to do one lmao. Looks good so far though! Those cables look really tidy. But I noticed, why did you remove the VRM heat spreader thing from the motherboard?

Also, any chance you could include a full parts list of fittings and other stuff you used when you're done with it? I think my parts list is complete but I want to check it against someone that has actually done it juuuust to make sure

Reactions: threestripevida

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I'm about to spend 5 years just trying to figure out what I need for a custom loop if I decide to do one lmao. Looks good so far though! Those cables look really tidy. But I noticed, why did you remove the VRM heat spreader thing from the motherboard?

Also, any chance you could include a full parts list of fittings and other stuff you used when you're done with it? I think my parts list is complete but I want to check it against someone that has actually done it juuuust to make sure

I had removed the vrm heatspreader back when I had my build in the S4M-C and I was using a 120mm fan above the heatsink. I lost it now though lol. And I can definitely send you a parts list. The warehouse manager from Modmymods helped put it together and then Fabio and Drhudacris looked it over for me. Hopefully I don’t need to get more, but if they approved of it then I should be good to go.

Reactions: Navic

worldtour

Average Stuffer
Jul 24, 2019
The good news is I got my delivery date confirmation for the case. The bad news is my aquatuning order got delayed. They won't even respond to my emails anymore so I won't have a complete build day 1 like I planned ?

• Sad
Reactions: DrHudacris

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
The good news is I got my delivery date confirmation for the case. The bad news is my aquatuning order got delayed. They won't even respond to my emails anymore so I won't have a complete build day 1 like I planned ?

It's sometimes better that way, you get to look at the case and get a better idea of what you need to build in the case.

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
I had removed the vrm heatspreader back when I had my build in the S4M-C and I was using a 120mm fan above the heatsink. I lost it now though lol. And I can definitely send you a parts list. The warehouse manager from Modmymods helped put it together and then Fabio and Drhudacris looked it over for me. Hopefully I don’t need to get more, but if they approved of it then I should be good to go.
Would you be able to pm that to me as well?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Looks promising! Yeah, the GPU is always a pain in the ass with tons of screws!
BTW, you have to do something for those VRM! Or are you planning to move to a B550?

Nero

Average Stuffer
May 28, 2020

I would be very interested in the list as well if it's okay with you!

Reactions: Madhawk1995

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017

Would you be able to pm that to me as well?
I would be very interested in the list as well if it's okay with you!

8x straight compression

4x 90 degree adapters

2x 9.75mm Extension

2x 20mm Extensions

2x Male to Male Rotary

1x Dual Rotary Snake

I am using some EK 13/10mm tubing btw. Josh, from Modmymods, made these selections after I emailed him the list that Fabio sent me. I was supposed to get these fittings yesterday, so I have no idea how they will actually work for me. I will let you guys know if anything needs to be swapped or something else needs to be added.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Looks promising! Yeah, the GPU is always a pain in the ass with tons of screws!
BTW, you have to do something for those VRM! Or are you planning to move to a B550?

Any suggestions on what I can do? I'm running a 2700 OC'd, and I don't plan on upgrading to the new CPU's either, so I'd like to avoid buying a new mobo.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

One thing! I suggest on the CPU block in your case, or to use 2 90 degrees fittings with 2 10/15mm extender (I am using 2 14mm extender with the tall Torque fittings) or to try to use 45 degrees fittings! You should have space, and both of them will help to have a better route in 2 slots mode. Don’t know if is clear...

Reactions: threestripevida