Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
I have to ask, how did you swap the fans on your GPU? How is the sound and thermals? I would love to possibly do this with my EVGA 2080 Super, it's just so loud. It's why I've been looking into a full custom loop lmao
i did it the easiest way possible- broke the center plastic+motor/blades out of the noctua housing, trimmed down the excess around the center plastic piece, and then double-sided taped the center plastic to the original mounting point on the heatsink. the hardest part was actually having to use a dutch vpn + paypal + german package forwarding service to get the 14-pin adapter from arctic cooling.

i think there's a full guide on sffpc about reusing the mounting from the original fans and such so that it's more secure/better all-around, but i wanted to be able to restore everything on the gpu back to stock and the double-sided tape has worked in all orientations without any issues so far, so i just left it this way.

cooling-wise it was probably a marginal improvement over the stock fans (i can't really remember tbh, i did this last year and i've barely played any games in 2020), but noise-wise was a noticeable improvement in terms of both volume and profile. i'm pretty noise conscious, but i ramp the fans up to 100% at 50c and i don't remember hearing them at ~3ft with closed headphones and ~40% volume in the few games i played. all other times i just run them at 30% and they typically keep the card under 30c while being effectively silent.

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Hey dudes. First time SFF builder here.
Will I need to buy an extra fan or am I covered with this part list?

Can I also get some tips on what cables from pslatecustoms could be handy for this build? Thanks guys.
I belive youll need to buy at least one noctua A12X15 Fan as the the fans that come with the radiator are both 25mm and only one 25mm fan will fit on radiator (one above the motherboard needs to be 15mm)

Reactions: smallPablo

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
Quick question for everyone, does anyone have any information about a new alphacool lt240. Earlier in this thread i noticed people discussing an updated version of the lt 240, how they hoped the tubing issue would be fixed, it would still have a 25mm rad and that it would have a new pump.

Im currently selling my kraken x52 so when i do per order case ill have all the compatible parts (already sold my atx psu) however i dont know if i should buy the current lt 240 or hold out until a new is released (hopefully with pwm pump)

rohizzle121

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 17, 2020
can someone help me?

i got a kraken g12 to fit in the t1, but instead of buying the h55, i got the h60 which does not fit the kraken. Now the h55 discontinued and hard to find everywhere.

any one have a suggestion for a 120 AIO with asustek mounting (circle) that can fit in this case?

thanks

Ueda

Case Bender
New User
Mar 30, 2020
And here, the system ready!
I am using for both the fans the Noctua Low Noise Adapter and the pump range is between 25% and 45%.
With a 30 minutes Blender test the CPU stays at 69/70C and the coolant temp is 40C (32 in Idle).
In the ASUS board the Chipset reach 70C (With the Gigabyte was 65 MAX).

I noticed that you changed the position of the radiator fans. But doesn't this system benefit from having a 25mm fan? Or didn't you have free space for that due to the new configuration?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I noticed that you changed the position of the radiator fans. But doesn't this system benefit from having a 25mm fan? Or didn't you have free space for that due to the new configuration?
Definitely!
With the 25mm fan, you can gain 3 degrees!
I could have it also with this configuration, but I've decided to go for the easy mounting way. And also the 15mm fan if against the motherboard I've seen that gives more noise than to have it on top.
I don't really care if under stress the CPU stays at 71 instead of 67C or the coolant reach 41C instead of 40!

Last edited:

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Quick question for everyone, does anyone have any information about a new alphacool lt240. Earlier in this thread i noticed people discussing an updated version of the lt 240, how they hoped the tubing issue would be fixed, it would still have a 25mm rad and that it would have a new pump.

I've been tracking that a lot in thread here. Alphacool support has informally confirmed for me in DMs that it will follow suit with the Eisbaer Aurora (non-LT) and include full TPV tubing and fittings. (It would be absolute insanity if they didn't!)

Timeline on the Aurora LT 240 does not appear to have changed (8-12 weeks out back in beginning of July).

Reactions: smallPablo and JRey

ciaran clare

Average Stuffer
Jul 28, 2020
I've been tracking that a lot in thread here. Alphacool support has informally confirmed for me in DMs that it will follow suit with the Eisbaer Aurora (non-LT) and include full TPV tubing and fittings. (It would be absolute insanity if they didn't!)

Timeline on the Aurora LT 240 does not appear to have changed (8-12 weeks out back in beginning of July).
Oh god, so its gonna be an RGB version. Was hoping it was just going to be a slight redesign of what they have now with better tubing and better pump. Dont really want to pay for rgb I'm not going to want.

What do people think of alphacool nylon fittings and the new TPV tubing (that's what's on the new aio so assume itll be kn the lt version). How does alphacools tubing stack up against EK ZMT tubing for longevity and less hassel

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Oh god, so its gonna be an RGB version. Was hoping it was just going to be a slight redesign of what they have now with better tubing and better pump. Dont really want to pay for rgb I'm not going to want.

What do people think of alphacool nylon fittings and the new TPV tubing (that's what's on the new aio so assume itll be kn the lt version). How does alphacools tubing stack up against EK ZMT tubing for longevity and less hassel

Hahahah yup. Part of me was down to wait it out and see if it would be simple enough to just disable the RGB BS, but I ended up moving on a current LT240 and will be refitting tubing and stuff.

I wish I had an opinion on the TPV fittings but they're out of stock eeeeeeverywherrrreeeee hahahah. IIRC, fabio had good things to say about the TPV tubing in his custom loop setup though.

Reactions: thelaughingman

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Currently putting the case together and the quality is amazing. It's even smaller than I thought it would be. Putting it together without instructions is annoying for sure though and some decent instructions are needed.
Just look the case of the others! Otherwise, I can help!

bruub

Caliper Novice
Nov 30, 2017
Currently putting the case together and the quality is amazing. It's even smaller than I thought it would be. Putting it together without instructions is annoying for sure though and some decent instructions are needed.
There is a WIP set of instructions on the first page of this thread, I'm going to attempt the construction of the case with those.

Reactions: DrHudacris

hitsuyounai

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2020

What, are there no instructions supplied with the case?

There is a WIP set of instructions on the first page of this thread, I'm going to attempt the construction of the case with those.

I'm currently in the process of working out an instructions manual with @gwertheim over on the FormD reddit along with input from other early T1 owners. I'm helping out a buddy assemble his case this Friday while using that opportunity to take high res photos of the entire assembly process. Will also have a written guide to go alongside of it. That is, unless someone beats me to taking photos for the manual then there's no need for me lol.

blackhawk1788

Case Bender
New User
Mar 17, 2020
@fabio: since you have tried both fans on mobo (internal) side of a 240mm rad and on the external side: did you ever notice turbulence noise? Especially with having fans flush against the outer panel?

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
Just got my tracking number!

Any other Australians got their tracking numbers too?

hey cobba, got my status update yesterday, It’s currently sitting in Guangzhou international parcel depot ready to fly to Aus. Super, super excited and hoping my wacky half hard tube, half soft tube plan will work. I have the two tone coming and plan to use a mix of black and silver fittings from previous builds!

‘Guangzhou, depart from [Guangzhou International Center], next stop [Guangzhou International Exchange Station] (transit)’