Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Any reason you're stepping away from Alphacool?

I can't wait to see pictures on how you mount the pump!
Probably because quality control is less than optimal with their products if I had to take a guess, but I'm also interested in the reason.
For example, I have the LT240 and it needs new hoses because the ones it comes with have a known problem with the plasticers so that they partially dissolve and clog up the pump.
That's not really the kind of stuff you should expect from a quality product.

Reactions: DrHudacris and JRey

TheOnlyPan

Caliper Novice
Jul 19, 2019
Has anyone who ordered from Canada received a valid tracking #? I’m wondering if they’re trying to stick all the preorders from Canada onto one flight.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Has anyone who ordered from Canada received a valid tracking #? I’m wondering if they’re trying to stick all the preorders from Canada onto one flight.

Where in Canada do you live?

If you haven't received a tracking number yet, your case has not moved.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
NICE!! Thanks a lot! And why you didn't try it?

WTF?? Why they've slanted it!

For the thickness of the stop fitting is ok, (mine is 3mm), and the MAX space is actually 49/50mm, so still "enough" space ;)

I didn't try it because the slant to be honest. Having to use a dual rotary appeared to me not as a versatile of a solution, because I think I'd still need offset fittings and then it just adds and adds height haha.

I think it's slanted to angle it towards the naturally exit path of the DDC. But other tops don't do this so I don't know why XSPC did that with this top...

Edit: removed extra text

Last edited:
Reactions: aexeq

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Probably because quality control is less than optimal with their products if I had to take a guess, but I'm also interested in the reason.
For example, I have the LT240 and it needs new hoses because the ones it comes with have a known problem with the plasticers so that they partially dissolve and clog up the pump.
That's not really the kind of stuff you should expect from a quality product.
Just made a big order to Alphacool yesterday because I really wanted that TPV 12.7/7.6 tubing thing that @fabio got going. So don't make me lose my faith ? ? ? .
Jokes aside, I think they kinda slack off on the AIO thinking it's an easy thing. I still have confidence in their Enterprise grade and custom stuff (which is what I ordered).

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
In Toronto. Just got the shipped notification this morning.

I'm at yonge and st Clair.

Depending on how busy customs is, there might be a week delay due to how many packages are moving around. I've had some packages sit in Mississauga for a couple of days due to the volume.

Check out https://www.dazmode.com/ for watercooling parts, I get some orders in less than 2 days because they deliver out of Mississauga.

Reactions: x111 and Daemos

GerryMz

Average Stuffer
Apr 23, 2019
I'm in the east end of of Ontario near Ottawa. Found it on Kijiji however it's located in Winnipeg lol (Paid with PayPal G&S so if anything goes wrong i'm covered) original box and everything. cost about $18 to ship it to me (Still cheaper than if I ordered it in through the states)
hey fellow near-by ottawarian

• Haha
Reactions: Daemos and MrBuddha

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Just made a big order to Alphacool yesterday because I really wanted that TPV 12.7/7.6 tubing thing that @fabio got going. So don't make me lose my faith ? ? ? .
Jokes aside, I think they kinda slack off on the AIO thinking it's an easy thing. I still have confidence in their Enterprise grade and custom stuff (which is what I ordered).
Well, i've bought the replacement hose and coolant and paid 55 euro for the LT240 itself. It has a copper radiator and I recon that alone is worth the price.
Still, would have been nice to be able to use my NZXT X62 that i've been using the last two years without any problems.
I'm going to butcher my perfectly fine working system for the T1 so I just hope everything goes according to plan and I'm not about to kill my CPU.
I'm going to delid the cpu and completely remove the IHS to run it with an iceman cpu guard and liquid metal.
I've bought an extension cable for the m.2 slot on the back of the motherboard to have the ssd on the front too.
Seems like a lot of factors can be causing problems if not done right, and with the aio also being fussy it ads to the list of points that can potentially fail.
Not a nice thought but on the other hand everything should be fine and potentially around 20 degrees cooler under load so it feels like it's worth the shot at least.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Well, i've bought the replacement hose and coolant and paid 55 euro for the LT240 itself. It has a copper radiator and I recon that alone is worth the price.
Still, would have been nice to be able to use my NZXT X62 that i've been using the last two years without any problems.
I'm going to butcher my perfectly fine working system for the T1 so I just hope everything goes according to plan and I'm not about to kill my CPU.
I'm going to delid the cpu and completely remove the IHS to run it with an iceman cpu guard and liquid metal.
I've bought an extension cable for the m.2 slot on the back of the motherboard to have the ssd on the front too.
Seems like a lot of factors can be causing problems if not done right, and with the aio also being fussy it ads to the list of points that can potentially fail.
Not a nice thought but on the other hand everything should be fine and potentially around 20 degrees cooler under load so it feels like it's worth the shot at least.
20 degrees vs X62? ?

I thought I would be set with the EK AIO 240 but I can't stop, had to scratch that tinkering itch. I have the TX240 on the way. TPV tubing & fittings, DC-LT 40+DC-LT 3600 (it was in stock, whilst the 2600 version is 3 months out) and CPU block order directly from Alphacool and in process. Turns out buying directly is pretty reasonable price-wise compare to the stuff I can get locally. Going with the cheapest Aurora block for AM4 for now, may switch it out for Wahaha's Freeflow or get one of them OptimusPC block.

If I can get 5C off max temps under full load vs the EK AIO I'm happy. Then next year expand the loop for Big Navi ?

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
20 degrees vs X62? ?

I thought I would be set with the EK AIO 240 but I can't stop, had to scratch that tinkering itch. I have the TX240 on the way. TPV tubing & fittings, DC-LT 40+DC-LT 3600 (it was in stock, whilst the 2600 version is 3 months out) and CPU block order directly from Alphacool and in process. Turns out buying directly is pretty reasonable price-wise compare to the stuff I can get locally. Going with the cheapest Aurora block for AM4 for now, may switch it out for Wahaha's Freeflow or get one of them OptimusPC block.

If I can get 5C off max temps under full load vs the EK AIO I'm happy. Then next year expand the loop for Big Navi ?

If you are in the US, where did you get your TPV fittings from? I am short a few and cant find them anywhere except the Alphacool site which will cost 3 times in shipping than what the part cost.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
We need to get some more diversity in here to dilute this Canadian problem.
You've got a Vietnamese in me ? ? ?

If you are in the US, where did you get your TPV fittings from? I am short a few and cant find them anywhere except the Alphacool site which will cost 3 times in shipping than what the part cost.
I'm not in the US unfortunately. Just checked Performance PCs and they are all out on TPV fittings too, though they do have the tubing which I should have gotten together with the TX240, cause Alphacool's own site is out of stock atm haha

Reactions: NinoPecorino