Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
hi I'm ordering some custom cables from pSlate and I'm running to the dilemma of whether or not I want to flip the PSU. I'm going to be using the case in 3 slot mode and flipping the entire case for top exhaust and using an LT 240. I think the extra space by the radiator would be good but it sounds like it makes it a little more difficult to route the tubes.

Does anyone have experience with the different orientations?
Yes, many do have experience with that.
It has all been resumed in the first post, which you should know if you read the all-caps in the thread title. It is required reading before asking any questions which have been answered ad nauseum. It's even better than searching the thread using the search function. There are many crowdsourced documents which have links to builds and comments. The short answer is that you will have better temperatures with a flipped case, as it will work following the principle of negative pressure. What you must watch out for though is that you will need longer cables with the flipped orientation, as the PSU will also be flipped. That is why pSlate offers that option when you choose your cables in the drop-down box for the SideArm/FormD T1. That's why they cost more. pSlate hasn't disclosed what this additional cable length is, probably to keep an edge on his competition.

Reactions: Madhawk1995

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
It has all been resumed in the first post, which you should know if you read the all-caps in the thread title. It is required reading before asking any questions which have been answered ad nauseum. It's even better than searching the thread using the search function. There are many crowdsourced documents which have links to builds and comments. The short answer is that you will have better temperatures with a flipped case, as it will work following the principle of negative pressure. What you must watch out for though is that you will need longer cables with the flipped orientation, as the PSU will also be flipped. That is why pSlate offers that option when you choose your cables in the drop-down box for the SideArm/FormD T1. That's why they cost more. pSlate hasn't disclosed what this additional cable length is, probably to keep an edge on his competition.
"It has all been resumed in the first post, which you should know if you read the all-caps in the thread title. It is required reading before asking any questions which have been answered ad nauseum. It's even better than searching the thread using the search function. There are many crowdsourced documents which have links to builds and comments."

Maybe I'm in the minority and I have no say so in this thread but at some point we just need at accept this and just be helpful and answer the questions. Nothing anyone has done has truly stopped this. I know it isn't hard to read the first page but I will say that going through this information is a chore. Not just a chore but work. You will spend so much time catching up at this point it's insane. I went through a 30 page thread the other day and got massively bored doing so and easily would have missed information. The fact that this thread even has the first page with all that information is incredible. With that said even I struggled to find information for this user. Like specific examples and I did a very very small portion of one of the tip sheets available. Searching resulted in like 15 pages on its own.

I'm not a mod and I have no actual say but seeing new people getting this passive aggressive treatment is more annoying to me than the question being asked. Even if it is about the lt 240. For how long did people ask the question which AIO fits? like 1 billion times. Guess what people got the case and now there are more that do with some work. Don't punish people. Be the solution to the issue. You can easily direct them to the answer without scolding them. Idk that is my take on what we keep seeing in this thread, not that anyone asked. Just remember at some point we were once all new to this thread.

And now I've gone and added more nonsense to make this thread even longer that doesn't pertain to anything that matters. People will ask the questions no matter what. IMO the way to prevent more fluff is to just answer the questions with useful information and it ends the conversation. Sorry everyone only intended to share the apogee drive ii today. ?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
what did you use? hopefully the AMD one isn't too big as well.

Just a random 1150 bracket I had. The stock Apogee back plate was sticking out so far and was interfering with my waterblocked GPU backplate.

Reactions: pwnedundies

OgLake

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 8, 2020
Took some photos of the T1 today (again). This time with my final iteration of the build (lol yeah right)
Edit: Just saw this and it's giving me ideas... ideas I don't know if I want to do quite yet.

Thanks for making such a beautiful case, Waha. I love taking pictures of this thing, everything just looks so perfect.

Here are my overall thoughts on the H100i Pro XT, all in one post instead of 4.

Thermals:
Thermals are anywhere from 10-15c better than the H60 on my stock Ryzen 5 3600. This is while being at the same noise level. The slim fan was running at 1200 RPM, and the regular sized fan was running at 1700 RPM. This gives me a silent enough setup, with good cooling.
With prime95 small FFTs, I was only able to run this test on the H100i without the CPU shooting up to 90+c, like on the H60. With this cooler, I never saw the temp go above 82c, and usually stayed around 78c.
When rendering videos or playing games, I usually see the CPU around 65-72c.

Installation:
This was actually decently easy. I first mounted the fans to the radiator, then mounted the radiator to the case. Then, I mounted the cooler to the CPU, and finally routed the tubes. For this, I had one of the tubes go behind the other (you should be able to see this in the photo, up by the slim fan). Having low profile ram (Corsair LPX) proved to help a lot in 3 slot mode, because the tubes both have to go over the RAM, and with taller memory, this would have been extremely hard to do. I had the fan cables routed in the extra space by the power button, and had the SATA power cable run along the top of the case, behind the strut, and down towards the 24 pin cable, where I used a u/pslate Ghost S1 SATA cable to get the length just right. The USB cable was routed a similar way, with excess cable being "coiled" and placed next to the PSU, behind the 24 pin cable. That stock 24 pin cable, while a pain, is a great way to hide a LOT of cable clutter.
I did have one problem, but it was something that should only be with my specific motherboard, so even if you have the same mobo, you should be fine. The problem was that the slim fan's motor hub was rubbing up against the motherboard, causing a terrible sound, or not spinning at all. This was fixed by putting some washers between the fan bracket and the fan itself. Again, this should not happen to everyone, and is something that happened only with my case/motherboard. Other users have used similar hardware and have had no problems like this whatsoever.
Even if you have the same problem I had, there are two easy fixes. 1: This one is the easiest. You just move the fans from being on the underside of the rad (between the motherboard and the radiator) and put them above the radiator (between the radiator and the top panel). 2: Do what I did, and get some washers to space the fan from the motherboard.

Final thoughts:
I do recommend going this route for a relatively easy 240 AIO installation in the T1. The thermals are worth it over the much nosier H60, plus you get software control of the fans, which I like.
Did you have to sand down the sides of the radiator to make it fit the case?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
hi I'm ordering some custom cables from pSlate and I'm running to the dilemma of whether or not I want to flip the PSU. I'm going to be using the case in 3 slot mode and flipping the entire case for top exhaust and using an LT 240. I think the extra space by the radiator would be good but it sounds like it makes it a little more difficult to route the tubes.

Does anyone have experience with the different orientations?
Flipping the PSU helps a lot with cables imo, and gives the radiator more room to grab fresh air (no cables in the way). I also found it slightly easier to route the tubes this way (PSU being flipped) because there were almost no cables in the way. But, you can't really go wrong either way if you're getting custom cables that are the perfect length.

Did you have to sand down the sides of the radiator to make it fit the case?
I did not, it slid right in. If only I could say the same for other things in life...

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Just a random 1150 bracket I had. The stock Apogee back plate was sticking out so far and was interfering with my waterblocked GPU backplate.

Need more picture :D look promising

IMO the way to prevent more fluff is to just answer the questions with useful information and it ends the conversation. Sorry everyone only intended to share the apogee drive ii today. ?

Redundant Question is good and sometimes help other people, but with this era information can get easily.. I'm agree with you, just answer and give them link to read.. so others people can give another answer when redundant question come.
--
@Wahaha360 with my apologize, can we already know who will get T1 reserve for long followers also for shipping test?

Reactions: DrHudacris

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
I checked the first post, thank you very much. The only mention of flipping the psu is that you can. I did some looking to find some of the pros and cons of doing so, like more room by the aio and harder to route tubes with version 1.0.

I was not asking anything about flipping the case, only mentioning my planned configuration in the event that changed the situation with available space for cables and how much flipping the psu may or may not help.

I'm also aware that the cable length requirements for standard or flipped are different and that I have to make this choice now when ordering the cables without the case in hand.

Rather than going through a bunch of build threads that might not mention if they flipped it or not, this seemed like the best place to canvas the people who have completed their builds.

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Modmymods has the DC-LT 40 in stock for those that need it! They also won’t get the 2600 dc-LT pump until October according to their warehouse manager.
ANNNNNDDDDD they're gone.
They did restock the brass TPV straight fittings though, so I bought those plus extra tube, QDC, and 90 degree extensions.
I'm only waiting on AMD and Nvidia to show their new CPU/GPUs, then i'll have my build ready for the T1.

ElFamosoMurphy

Case Bender
New User
Jun 15, 2020
Well it depends on the types of m.2 you have. Both of the m.2 slots on the asus b450-i can support NVME, but only the one on the front (under the heat spreader) can support SATA. The one on the back can only support NVME. I would think that the SATA drive would run cooler than the NVME drive, but I'm not sure.
I have a 2TB SATA drive under the heat spreader, and it is usually around 40-50c. My system drive is a 250GB NVME drive on the back, I'll get to thermals later.

What causes the drive on the back to heat up when it is not being heavily used is not the drive itself (although it warm itself up when it's under load, but this shouldn't be a problem). The heat comes from the GPU being so close to the drive on the back, and the fact that the riser for the GPU acts as a sort of insulator, making the drive warmer, and restricting airflow to the drive.
Basically, the drive doesn't have to be under load for the thermals to rise. When gaming for example, the drive is under basically no load at all, but the GPU is running at nearly 100%, kicking out a lot of heat. That heat transfers to the drive on the back somehow, and heats it up.
For example, I was gaming today and my GPU was around 70-75c, and the M.2 on the back was at about 72c. The hottest the GPU got was 77c, and the hottest the drive got was 76c.
When idle, the drive is around 50-60c, because the GPU isn't heating it up. Obviously using the drive a lot would heat it up as well.

I haven't had any problems yet, because usually the drive can take care of itself, and nand likes to run warm from what I remember.
The ideal configuration for absolutely no problems would be having a system drive be an M.2 under the heat spreader on the front of the motherboard, and a 2.5" drive in the front of the case instead of an m.2 drive on the back. Keep in mind this will add a lot of cable bulk to the system though.

Hey, I am tempted to pick up a sata drive for my T1 build too and will have to put the sata on the front with a NVME on the back. I was wondering if you could give an update on this set upand if any issues have popped up and im also curious which drive you use for which files/storage. Specifically im wondering if using the NVME on the back as my main drive/file storage and the front sata as a game drive would be better for heat related performance?

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
I got my Bykski block today for my Zotac GTX 1080ti AMP! The Barrow terminal fitting fits perfectly! Now gotta wait for my T1 to arrive ....

??? Thanks for the update, really reassuring. You should post something on reddit once you do a leak test because I could find 0 information about Bykski blocks and Barrow terminal rotary on the internet before you posted!!

On another note has anyone ever tried to fit the Phanteks r160 Res/Pump Top combo into the T1? I have a short GPU (232mm) and think it might be possible in the 3slot GPU config. If anyone can weigh in and point out any blaring holes in this plan, please do. See my imgur link for 'detailed' pictures with measurements. This res/pump top combo is a bit more expensive than the DC-LT 40 or Alphacool ES Reservoir 1U, but the frosted acrylic would match my GPU & CPU block. There is only 1 outlet on this combo unit, and a range of inlets/fill/drain ports.

EDIT: I plan to use the T1 with radiators at the top, in a vertically inverse position to the photo from Goatees build which I linked on imgur.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris