Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Took some photos of the T1 today (again). This time with my final iteration of the build (lol yeah right)
Edit: Just saw this and it's giving me ideas... ideas I don't know if I want to do quite yet.

Thanks for making such a beautiful case, Waha. I love taking pictures of this thing, everything just looks so perfect.

Here are my overall thoughts on the H100i Pro XT, all in one post instead of 4.

Thermals:
Thermals are anywhere from 10-15c better than the H60 on my stock Ryzen 5 3600. This is while being at the same noise level. The slim fan was running at 1200 RPM, and the regular sized fan was running at 1700 RPM. This gives me a silent enough setup, with good cooling.
With prime95 small FFTs, I was only able to run this test on the H100i without the CPU shooting up to 90+c, like on the H60. With this cooler, I never saw the temp go above 82c, and usually stayed around 78c.
When rendering videos or playing games, I usually see the CPU around 65-72c.

Installation:
This was actually decently easy. I first mounted the fans to the radiator, then mounted the radiator to the case. Then, I mounted the cooler to the CPU, and finally routed the tubes. For this, I had one of the tubes go behind the other (you should be able to see this in the photo, up by the slim fan). Having low profile ram (Corsair LPX) proved to help a lot in 3 slot mode, because the tubes both have to go over the RAM, and with taller memory, this would have been extremely hard to do. I had the fan cables routed in the extra space by the power button, and had the SATA power cable run along the top of the case, behind the strut, and down towards the 24 pin cable, where I used a u/pslate Ghost S1 SATA cable to get the length just right. The USB cable was routed a similar way, with excess cable being "coiled" and placed next to the PSU, behind the 24 pin cable. That stock 24 pin cable, while a pain, is a great way to hide a LOT of cable clutter.
I did have one problem, but it was something that should only be with my specific motherboard, so even if you have the same mobo, you should be fine. The problem was that the slim fan's motor hub was rubbing up against the motherboard, causing a terrible sound, or not spinning at all. This was fixed by putting some washers between the fan bracket and the fan itself. Again, this should not happen to everyone, and is something that happened only with my case/motherboard. Other users have used similar hardware and have had no problems like this whatsoever.
Even if you have the same problem I had, there are two easy fixes. 1: This one is the easiest. You just move the fans from being on the underside of the rad (between the motherboard and the radiator) and put them above the radiator (between the radiator and the top panel). 2: Do what I did, and get some washers to space the fan from the motherboard.

Final thoughts:
I do recommend going this route for a relatively easy 240 AIO installation in the T1. The thermals are worth it over the much nosier H60, plus you get software control of the fans, which I like.

Last edited:

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Just watched it; I'm glad my build sparked a new idea for him to change his own rig lol!

But for the record, you have to use some silicone sealant around the outer edge of the rubber gasket to have the 1U ES reservoir be leak proof. For anyone else planning to use it.
Yeah it's disappointing there have been so many issues with that. Linus has build coming up where he plans to use a few. I left a comment that there is a known issue about them but I don't have any power. Maybe OT will test it and can share his findinga.

Reactions: DrHudacris

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Final thoughts:
I do recommend going this route for a relatively easy 240 AIO installation in the T1. The thermals are worth it over the much nosier H60, plus you get software control of the fans, which I like.
For your setup, I am curious to know, for this current setup of yours, if you need to replace a component, how much time/effort would you be able to do it (a) display card+riser cable and (be) the 240 AIO?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
For your setup, I am curious to know, for this current setup of yours, if you need to replace a component, how much time/effort would you be able to do it (a) display card+riser cable and (be) the 240 AIO?
(I assume display card means the GPU) That would't take much time at all. Just take out the GPU and then take out the riser cable.
The AIO would require me to take out the PSU, so it would take a bit more time, but not a lot more.

Reactions: tinyitx

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
looks like some of you got that @optimumtech love!

Both builds look great! I see you @DrHudacris

Also, I'm truly an idiot. I have never once said FormD as "formed". I always pronounce the D because it feels more unique and well ya know. Hopefully I'm not the only one but I'm guessing I am lol

It like Clan D from One Piece >_<

I'm not really like optimum tech latest video, since his talking others build. He should share some benefit for SFF Community

• Haha
Reactions: Madhawk1995

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Has anyone tried using 3x Noctua NF A12x15 on the LT240?
It would be 2 fans in pull, then radiator, then single fan in push on the PSU side.
I wonder how that would perform vs 25mm and 15mm combo.
theoretically it should be better since Noctua confirmed 2x A12x15 has better static pressure than 1x A12x25 https://smallformfactor.net/forum/posts/198317/

Would also be interested to see actual data points to see if the improvement is worth it or just marginal.

Reactions: JRey

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Has anyone tried using 3x Noctua NF A12x15 on the LT240?
It would be 2 fans in pull, then radiator, then single fan in push on the PSU side.
I wonder how that would perform vs 25mm and 15mm combo.

3?? after you got T1 let SFF Community know 3 Noctua with LT 240 can be place on T1 :D

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
3?? after you got T1 let SFF Community know 3 Noctua with LT 240 can be place on T1 :D
there should be enough clearance for such setup given Dr. Hudacris' build - add 5mm for LT240 rad thickness over TX240 but subtract 10mm for the A12x15 over A12x25. Net 5mm clearance gain actually.
For me since I have the EK AIO, I'll do the 3x A12x15 and then take a measurement to see if I can squeeze a thicker fan in that push-pull haha

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
I have a Bykski block coming soon and have a Barrow terminal fitting in my desk right now. I'm ALSO hoping it fits lol.
Looks to be about .3mm of difference though I’m hoping it’s just camera perspective ?

So happy manage to find this pump in taobao , thr shipping is cheaper than other website since i live in hk closer to china
Do you have a Taobao link for that? I’m trying to search ‘alphacool pump’ on Superbuy/Taobao but just noticed that the product name does not include ‘alphacool’ and I’m struggling to find it. Thanks for the find!

Last edited:

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Depends on a few factors

1. how quickly do you want a case (probably the biggest factor)
2. how badly you need full AIO support

The P1 ain't happening anytime soon. It's barely into the prototyping stage let alone production.

If you need a case now now, try and snap up a T1

If you're patient and want a painless AIO installation process, wait for the P1
I'm more likely to put in a custom loop. But I'm also a fan of the vertical design. I can personally just wait some more.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Looks to be about .3mm of difference though I’m hoping it’s just camera perspective ?

Do you have a Taobao link for that? I’m trying to search ‘alphacool pump’ on Superbuy/Taobao but just noticed that the product name does not include ‘alphacool’ and I’m struggling to find it. Thanks for the find!
Do you mean this?

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
So happy manage to find this pump in taobao , thr shipping is cheaper than other website since i live in hk closer to china
Do you mean this?
Sorry I was really unclear, I couldn’t and still can’t find the dc-lt 40mm reservoir/pump top. The pump I can find but multiple shops who sell it don’t seem to stock the dc-lt40. This guy:

edit: found dc-lt 40 I believe but seller is OOS with the DC-LT 2600 pump :( https://m.tb.cn/h.VIkQIwY?sm=501cf9 至浏.览览.器【alphacool 欧酷 电脑水冷小水泵 DC-LT A4/1U机箱 水冷散热水泵】

Last edited:

Qrash

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 10, 2015
Sorry I was really unclear, I couldn’t and still can’t find the dc-lt 40mm reservoir/pump top. The pump I can find but multiple shops who sell it don’t seem to stock the dc-lt40. This guy:

edit: found dc-lt 40 I believe but seller is OOS with the DC-LT 2600 pump :( https://m.tb.cn/h.VIkQIwY?sm=501cf9 至浏.览览.器【alphacool 欧酷 电脑水冷小水泵 DC-LT A4/1U机箱 水冷散热水泵】

The link you provided is to the Alphacool Eisstation DC-LT - Solo Mini, not the Eisstation 40 DC-LT-Reservoir. The links in the first sentence are to PDF manuals from Alphacool for these two parts.
  • The dimensions of the Solo Top are 50.62 m x 50.62 mm x 37.2 mm. This is clearly listed on the Taobao webpage your link goes to. The Solo Mini is a pump top for the DC-LT line of pumps and was made small enough to fit in a 1U server rack.
  • The 40 DC-LT Reservoir is larger: 60.0 mm x 40.0 mm x 36.5 mm because it is a pump top and very small reservoir (~ 28.7 ml !)

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
The link you provided is to the Alphacool Eisstation DC-LT - Solo Mini, not the Eisstation 40 DC-LT-Reservoir. The links in the first sentence are to PDF manuals from Alphacool for these two parts.
  • The dimensions of the Solo Top are 50.62 m x 50.62 mm x 37.2 mm. This is clearly listed on the Taobao webpage your link goes to. The Solo Mini is a pump top for the DC-LT line of pumps and was made small enough to fit in a 1U server rack.
  • The 40 DC-LT Reservoir is larger: 60.0 mm x 40.0 mm x 36.5 mm because it is a pump top and very small reservoir (~ 28.7 ml !)
You are absolutely right that the link opens to the Solo mini pump top but one of the ‘configuration’ options is the “something written in chinese characters 60DCLT + water pump? 2600”. Which looks exactly like the DC-LT 40 reservoir and the 60 implies the length. I’m not 100% as I can’t speak Chinese but one of the reviewers posted a picture of the T1 and it looks similar to an earlier Fabio build! See my imgur link for clarity.

Unfortunately in the last hour it has sold out, I guess I should have pulled the trigger :( might have to face aquatunings/alphacool excessive shipping costs.

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
hi I'm ordering some custom cables from pSlate and I'm running to the dilemma of whether or not I want to flip the PSU. I'm going to be using the case in 3 slot mode and flipping the entire case for top exhaust and using an LT 240. I think the extra space by the radiator would be good but it sounds like it makes it a little more difficult to route the tubes.

Does anyone have experience with the different orientations?

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I don't know who all is interested and looking for an apogee drive II. I've been trying to order from them for a few months now. They are getting stock periodically and have some of the pump block/housing without the pump in stock at this moment. I've been in contact with the sales team after the last time I ordered they stated they just sold out. They did tell me I could leave my order in place and when they arrive they will ship out. I just checked again and picked up the AMD socket version. They do sell the AMD brackets separately if anyone wants to try their luck with the intel 1155/1366 or 2011 sockets. Again no pump so you'll need a DDC on the side. If you want it and they tell you they are OOS just ask to leave the order in place and wait for the restock. Swiftech has really easy going support. Good luck! I have no idea how many are left.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I don't know who all is interested and looking for an apogee drive II. I've been trying to order from them for a few months now. They are getting stock periodically and have some of the pump block/housing without the pump in stock at this moment. I've been in contact with the sales team after the last time I ordered they stated they just sold out. They did tell me I could leave my order in place and when they arrive they will ship out. I just checked again and picked up the AMD socket version. They do sell the AMD brackets separately if anyone wants to try their luck with the intel 1155/1366 or 2011 sockets. Again no pump so you'll need a DDC on the side. If you want it and they tell you they are OOS just ask to leave the order in place and wait for the restock. Swiftech has really easy going support. Good luck! I have no idea how many are left.

I have one of these in my build. I had to use an alternate backplate as the supplied intel one was too big.