Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio
Is it possible to get a list of fittings which are needed to get this done? It would be really helpful to have something like:
4x 90° degree fittings
2x 90° rotary fittings
8x normal compression fittings etc.

I know you water experts probably have hundreds of them lying around but for me as a water cooling noob and going SFF for the first time it is hard to plan everything in detail. It would be frustraiting if I miss one piece in my order or if I waste like 100 bucks just because I bought way too much :D
Did you check my buildlog? In the first page there is a list of parts!

And in the build log, for the other builds, I also specify the fittings needed!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I have a the Mech OC 5700XT (good price on sale) and it was hard to source a water block. In the end I went with a BYKSKI from AliExpress and have been using it for 7 months no problems! I just ordered a BARROW 90 gpu terminal rotary and I’m hoping it will fit. I’ll post something when it arrives as I couldn’t find information on the internet. (If anyone know the answer to this please chime in).
This could be a cheaper route and the BYKSKI blocks seems comparable quality to my 1080 EK block I have.

Bykski and Barrow are not the same company, I'm not sure if the terminal will be compatible.

andika_ei

Chassis Packer
Jun 21, 2020
So happy manage to find this pump in taobao , thr shipping is cheaper than other website since i live in hk closer to china

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019
I have a the Mech OC 5700XT (good price on sale) and it was hard to source a water block. In the end I went with a BYKSKI from AliExpress and have been using it for 7 months no problems! I just ordered a BARROW 90 gpu terminal rotary and I’m hoping it will fit. I’ll post something when it arrives as I couldn’t find information on the internet. (If anyone know the answer to this please chime in).
This could be a cheaper route and the BYKSKI blocks seems comparable quality to my 1080 EK block I have.

I have a Bykski block coming soon and have a Barrow terminal fitting in my desk right now. I'm ALSO hoping it fits lol.

vusun123

Average Stuffer
Jul 10, 2020
So I bought an EVGA 2080 Super XC Ultra and slap an EK waterblock on it, and noticed that the GPU's output bracket is 3 slots. Do I need to get a 2 slots bracket to make the installation easier or I can still use the stock one ?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
So happy manage to find this pump in taobao , thr shipping is cheaper than other website since i live in hk closer to china
This looks like a good pump, probably will work well in a T1.
Price is also good. As HK is in China and is not just closer to, mailing cost is much lower and no need of an agent. That is a big advantage of being in China. Report some thermals when your T1 is set up.

Last edited:
Reactions: confusis

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
So I bought an EVGA 2080 Super XC Ultra and slap an EK waterblock on it, and noticed that the GPU's output bracket is 3 slots. Do I need to get a 2 slots bracket to make the installation easier or I can still use the stock one ?

"Graphic cards support: 312mm long, 2 or 3 Slot GPU (39.2 or 59.2mm from Side Panel to GPU PCB, including 1.6mm GPU PCB) "

So there shouldn't be any issues with 3 slots, although I can't tell how installation difficulty will compare to each other of course.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
You arent the only one that has been saying the name as "Form dee", but I have to say I like the sound of "formed" better
Yeah I think formed sounds cleaner. Maybe I was also prouncing sidearmD incorrectly too. I just thought it was hilarious that after all this time I'm most likely saying it wrong.

Reactions: Navic

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
looks like some of you got that @optimumtech love!

Both builds look great! I see you @DrHudacris

Also, I'm truly an idiot. I have never once said FormD as "formed". I always pronounce the D because it feels more unique and well ya know. Hopefully I'm not the only one but I'm guessing I am lol

Just watched it; I'm glad my build sparked a new idea for him to change his own rig lol!

But for the record, you have to use some silicone sealant around the outer edge of the rubber gasket to have the 1U ES reservoir be leak proof. For anyone else planning to use it.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Just watched it; I'm glad my build sparked a new idea for him to change his own rig lol!

But for the record, you have to use some silicone sealant around the outer edge of the rubber gasket to have the 1U ES reservoir be leak proof. For anyone else planning to use it.

I have to replace my alphacool dc-lt 40. One of the screw threads in the plastic is broken which does not give me any kind of seal :(