Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for your comprehensive response! I've searched for it with your input but i'm under the impression that support for this somewhat older gpu is halted.
So i'm probably better of just using the case for a month without the front panel on so that the gtx fits, before I can upgrade that to a amd or 3080ti.
My father wants a new pc as well so he'll probably be happy with the gpu.

No problem, my friend. I've spent too much time on Alphacool's various channels the past few weeks figuring out LT240 stuff so I'm glad to share what little I've learned :p

And yessss Dads to the rescue! I'm also hopeful for the next NVIDIA generation. I'm crossing my fingers for both of us regarding dope waterblock options for the next gen!

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
Ahh, finally got the two tone!
I prefer black, but I don't mind the black + silver two tone. I can buy the black later, and sell this to my friend since my friend want the two tone ?
But the problem is, I have to ship it to superbuy warehouse since it can't be shipped to my country ?

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
No problem, my friend. I've spent too much time on Alphacool's various channels the past few weeks figuring out LT240 stuff so I'm glad to share what little I've learned :p

And yessss Dads to the rescue! I'm also hopeful for the next NVIDIA generation. I'm crossing my fingers for both of us regarding dope waterblock options for the next gen!
These two clips are very informative on what might be coming.
Bit of a dull voice but he seems to do his research

MVPotato

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
@fabio
Is it possible to get a list of fittings which are needed to get this done? It would be really helpful to have something like:
4x 90° degree fittings
2x 90° rotary fittings
8x normal compression fittings etc.

I know you water experts probably have hundreds of them lying around but for me as a water cooling noob and going SFF for the first time it is hard to plan everything in detail. It would be frustraiting if I miss one piece in my order or if I waste like 100 bucks just because I bought way too much :D

Anyone? please :)

Reactions: WarDaddy and JRey

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
These two clips are very informative on what might be coming.
Bit of a dull voice but he seems to do his research
I'm gonna be so mad if he's right about the two sided cards. that ruins existing aftermarket cooling solutions. and will make my Morpheus 2 plan impossible.

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
eedev, PKAWA, MVPotato, Kuzan, kazuma86, Ashenfall, F7IN

It's an accident, I thought I locked the website, but apparently I didn't ?‍♂️.

We will still open today's drop at 9AM PST. The bad news is that yes, this will reduce the quantity for this week. The good news that next week's drop should also ship the same time (end of month), so not a real loss.
I wonder if the volume of people attempting to order swamp the server. I was refreshing the site almost every minute since around 855 your time. Did not get into the site until 924AM PST, ordered the Black case and was making payment when it posted out of stock. Disappointed but still thrilled with the success of this venture for those that have obtained the case. Next week, here I come!!

Reactions: DrHudacris

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
I'm gonna be so mad if he's right about the two sided cards. that ruins existing aftermarket cooling solutions. and will make my Morpheus 2 plan impossible.
I mean, if the reference board had different dimensions, wouldn't that mean you'd need different water blocks too? A two-sided block would definitely present more challenges of course.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
I wonder if the volume of people attempting to order swamp the server. I was refreshing the site almost every minute since around 855 your time. Did not get into the site until 924AM PST, ordered the Black case and was making payment when it posted out of stock. Disappointed but still thrilled with the success of this venture for those that have obtained the case. Next week, here I come!!
The checkout is hosted by shopify servers I believe so there should be no problem handling the surge of traffic.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
For those that have the case...
Can a 13mm tube (Alphacool TPV) fit between the motherboard and PSU when in 2 slot mode and PSU is not using standoffs to be next to the side panel?
I'm trying to brainstorm my tube runs so I can purchase all the necessary fittings.

This is not possible. Only enough space for a back plate if your GPU has one.

Anyone? please :)

Don't bother with non-rotary 90 degree fittings; they are not friendly to use, especially in a SFF case. You'll need 2x compression/barb type fittings for each component (blocks, rads, pump etc).

So let's say you have 4 components (2 blocks, pump, and rad)
That's 8x compression/barb fittings

Get an additional 50-75% 90 degree rotary fittings (4x-6x in this case).

In the optimum tech and @fabio builds, the pump is connected directly to radiator. If you are doing this, you will need 2x offset fittings (barrow or bitspower) and a rotary male to male or maybe 30mm Male to female extender and a rotary male to male (this really depends on the reservoir/pump you choose).

If not using a reservoir, and you choose to use T line fitting, get a few stop fittings and 2 additional compression fittings.

If all this seems confusing, it's because it is. What fittings you use depends on so many other factors...like will you use EKWB FC rotary terminal? Then subtract 2 rotary 90 degree fittings from your shopping list. It goes on and on...

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
I've been searching for the past 15 minutes and can't seem to find it but there is a list of cards that people have crammed into their T1s but can't seem to locate it again.

Edit: found it on Reddit

Last edited:
Reactions: SSJ4

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
Here are some quick shots of my current build.
Running a 3700x and Asus 2070 super.
Cooling with Alphacool lt120 with custom tubes.

Temperatures are pretty good, 30-40c idle, around 60 while gaming, running prime95 pushes it to 70-80.

Gpu temps are also fine, 60-65 while gaming.

Floris, if you could tell me how much space there is between the fan and your PCIe connectors on your GPU?

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
I'm not in a rush but I wonder if I want to wait for the P1 or just snap up a T1
Depends on a few factors

1. how quickly do you want a case (probably the biggest factor)
2. how badly you need full AIO support

The P1 ain't happening anytime soon. It's barely into the prototyping stage let alone production.

If you need a case now now, try and snap up a T1

If you're patient and want a painless AIO installation process, wait for the P1

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
Just clarifying, you are asking for the space between the case fan and the PCIe riser connector? Or the PCIe power (8pin?)

The PCIe Power 8Pin, I just noticed that those ASUS ROG rtx cards have a recessed 8 + 6 pin connector, I'm thinking my RX 5700 XT Red Devil will need some low profile PCIe connectors to pull it off.

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
Actually, I'm a dumb dumb. I've just now realized my connector will be fine as is, and can run a 240 with 12x15 noctuas. I've been looking at all the measurements backwards I'm building in the flipped orientation so I've been treating it as though the bottom is the top *Facepalm* well, that being said a 240LT 2x 12x15 and a red devil will have absolutely no issue if that's the case.

rarskies

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2020
No you are right. I read it wrong it's only the multi-gpu blocks that are incompatible...my fault for reading it when I'm half asleep!
I have a the Mech OC 5700XT (good price on sale) and it was hard to source a water block. In the end I went with a BYKSKI from AliExpress and have been using it for 7 months no problems! I just ordered a BARROW 90 gpu terminal rotary and I’m hoping it will fit. I’ll post something when it arrives as I couldn’t find information on the internet. (If anyone know the answer to this please chime in).
This could be a cheaper route and the BYKSKI blocks seems comparable quality to my 1080 EK block I have.