Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
I literally run a power color rx5700xt with 100% fan speed I doubt I'd hear a cpu cooler lmao
I only game 50% of the time so during the other 50% my GPU is practically silent and I hear the CPU cooler ramping up and down much more and this is even as the CPU side is facing away from me (the case on my RHS). With the T1 flipped and still on my RHS, the CPU would be directly facing me so I would not want to deal with that turbulence. But in your case I think you're set.

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Hm, from my interaction with them that I mentioned in thread little while ago it was expected on a longer timeline:

> Jun 29, 2020, 5:17 AM

> We will have the new LT Aurora within the next 8 to 12 weeks at our shop

Sooner is always better, though!
There’s a new version of the LT240 coming out? What’s the difference? Is it the same dimensions?

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
Improved tubing (no plasticizer?), Newer/less bulky quick disconnects...and...how do it put this..AN RGB BEAR!
Dang, I just bought a LT240 on TitanRig last week!
I did a search on current Aurora and it looks like the cold plate is nickel plated. Not sure if I like that since I'd rather run copper everything.
The new 2800rpm 6-pole motor is interesting though... I'd love to swap it into the current LT Solo.
I also wonder if they made improvements to the actual block for better heat transfer and possibly less restriction.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Although I am not interested in the T1, I check out this thread often. Reading it is like watching a TV drama. It is so interesting to see a story unfolded in front of you. Sometimes, the story makes a turn and and causes so much excitements. Some other times, there are tensions or disappointments.
Synopsis of recent episodes:- Many characters remain calm. Yet like hungry sharks, they impatiently circle around a limited number of the victim T1. When the murky water becomes clear again, all T1s are gone.
All for the good of the SFF world.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Although I am not interested in the T1, I check out this thread often. Reading it is like watching a TV drama. It is so interesting to see a story unfolded in front of you. Sometimes, the story makes a turn and and causes so much excitements. Some other times, there are tensions or disappointments.
Synopsis of recent episodes:- Many characters remain calm. Yet like hungry sharks, they impatiently circle around a limited number of the victim T1. When the murky water becomes clear again, all T1s are gone.
All for the good of the SFF world.
This is awesome. You should do more of these.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Do you guys have plans to get the T1 to more reviewers? Or was Optimum Tech the only one to get one?

We like to, but prob organically if anything instead of actively looking.

I don’t want to put the carriage in front of the horse. It’s a new team and operation compare to NCASE, so my priories are:
1) get product to first backers and get feedback
2) get more colors done
3) get the tempered glass done
4) optimize, optimize, optimize
before trying to get more exposure.

Optimumtech gave us air time on first prototype during Computex 2019, when very few people paid attention, so it’s a courtesy to send it to him first.

Sniffu

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 2, 2020

I don’t want to put the carriage in front of the horse. It’s a new team and operation compare to NCASE, so my priories are:
2) get more colors done

Optimumtech gave us air time on first prototype during Computex 2019, when very few people paid attention, so it’s a courtesy to send it to him first.

This is extremely great plan. From my personal experience, i found answer to pretty much every question what i could think of from this forum thread alone. Did not really crave for any more reviews, but i guess thats personal preference.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020

2) get more colors done

Yeah, i saw his video with your first prototype..two tones thats why i choice two tones last week

from this
to this

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: thelaughingman

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@kazuma86 not sure if I'm weird or not but the black/silver two-tone is just not enough contrast for me whilst at the same time too contrasty if you know what I mean. I like either the two-tone of the prototype (silver/gray-ish?) or actual panda colour (black/white) more than the two-tone that was offered ? ? ?

Reactions: DrHudacris

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
@kazuma86 not sure if I'm weird or not but the black/silver two-tone is just not enough contrast for me whilst at the same time too contrasty if you know what I mean. I like either the two-tone of the prototype (silver/gray-ish?) or actual panda colour (black/white) more than the two-tone that was offered ? ? ?

I prefer gray too or gun metal, but you can't choice until they are ready isn't?

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
@Chaca Eyyyy to your other question, I asked Alphacool if there were any dimension changes (specifically to the radiator and pump block) on the Aurora LT and they confirmed for me:

> Hi, no the dimensions are the same. Radiator is 25mm thick. It is changed optically only.

That's good news! In seriously considering returning my unopened LT240 now and just playing the waiting game for the new hardware.

@JRey re: new version of LT240: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/formd-t1-aka-sidearmd-read-first-post.9933/post-206721

I've been sort of obsessing over it since someone shared Alphacool teasing the Aurora LT a few months ago hahahah. Didn't think it was gonna drop so close to in sync with T1 deliveries though, which is neat

JRey

Average Stuffer
Jun 27, 2020
@JRey re: new version of LT240: https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/formd-t1-aka-sidearmd-read-first-post.9933/post-206721

I've been sort of obsessing over it since someone shared Alphacool teasing the Aurora LT a few months ago hahahah. Didn't think it was gonna drop so close to in sync with T1 deliveries though, which is neat
I was actually messaging Alphacool this morning about the new LT Aurora. They said it's the exact same block as the current LT Solo, just with a new pump and with RGB. The entire AIO assembly also uses the new TPV hose, fittings, and QDC. Even though they confirmed that the new motor fits in the LT Solo, they also said you cannot swap it in, but I don't see the logic in that if it's the same block overall.
With that being said, I'll be keeping my recently received LT240 and swapping in the new motor along with swapping to the new TPV stuff whenever it becomes available/in stock. With all the COVID stuff going on, I don't want to risk the possibility of BOTH the LT240 and new Aurora LT being sold out due to insufficient shipments and stock.

Reactions: DrHudacris