Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Yikes, loads of new pages to read. I tried to place my order at 2.01am on release (time of release where i am) but went out of stock whilst i was trying to pay, I guess you snooze by 1 min you loose haha! oh well, I'll grab one in the next batch. :)
happy days for all of you who managed to secure one of these in the first batch! I am excited for you.
I hope you all post up your builds as soon as you do get these so those of us who did not can drool a little more!

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
MODBREAK

Could I hereby please ask everyone to keep a friendly tone in here and stop with the trolling regarding the use of the English language?

English is the only language that is permitted inside of these forums and if someone uses another language in their post, we in the moderation team will respond accordingly to it (which I did in my previous post in this thread).

There is no need for further uneccessary trolling and/or useless posts regarding the use of Google translate or what not.

Keep it friendly everyone, since this forum is for everyone and no one wants to click onto a thread where there's negativity. Positivity is the way to go, so keep it that way and keep it awesome!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Another T1 build in Chiphell (in Chinese).

I wonder, what happened at that corner? Did he do something wrong?

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

mfmunh

Chassis Packer
Apr 15, 2020
[
I think they bent it because the mobo was interfering with the bracket.

I've been looking at all the builds put together on reddit and I have to admit the builds over Chiphell are super nice and interesting.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Another T1 build in Chiphell (in Chinese).

If you follow pages 250-300, there is reason for this and thats why @Wahaha360 keep push into the limit for this case..

I think they bent it because the mobo was interfering with the bracket.

I've been looking at all the builds put together on reddit and I have to admit the builds over Chiphell are super nice and interesting.

Yes, they put another accessory, like another bolt or some like lighting in the bottom.. but they trying to figure in here first @fabio build are their inspiration #cmiiw

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-07-06: Black & Silver Partial Refund, Tax refund, T1 Reserves

We plan to partially refund USD 20 before 2020-07-24 to all customers who ordered Black Silver T1v1.1 on 2020-07-03, also, Black Silver will be priced USD 20 lower going forward. Basically, the factory didn't agree to our prior terms on what's acceptable on Silver anodizing = lower yield = higher cost. We were going to switch to another factory and they conceded. Since they will cover *more failed parts = higher yield = lower price.

Preorders shipping to China paid a VAT when they are not supposed to. We have partially refunded those affected by this error.

For long time SFFN thread followers (before 2020-02-04 Optimum Tech Video), we have a T1 reserve. Test Shipping Candidates will also qualify. We will make an announcement on the process next week.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
2020-07-06: Black & Silver Partial Refund, Tax refund, T1 Reserves

We plan to partially refund USD 20 before 2020-07-24 to all customers who ordered Black Silver T1v1.1 on 2020-07-03, also, Black Silver will be priced USD 20 lower going forward. Basically, the factory didn't agree to our prior terms on what's acceptable on Silver anodizing = lower yield = higher cost. We were going to switch to another factory and they conceded. Since they will cover *more failed parts = higher yield = lower price.

Preorders shipping to China paid a VAT when they are not supposed to. We have partially refunded those affected by this error.

For long time SFFN thread followers (before 2020-02-04 Optimum Tech Video), we have a T1 reserve. Test Shipping Candidates will also qualify. We will make an announcement on the process next week.

So sorry for this inconvenience, but rather get mad with them, I will try my luck this week.. but for me, i'm okay with US$250..

I hope on your list for shipping candidate.. #finger_cross..

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
thank you for the update! I was surprised to see the 50USD premium on two-tone but figured just as much as you have explained.

full disclosure - I do not make the cut for this reserve list but did get my pre-order in, so I'm curious as to how will this reserve affect the pre-orders on 2020-07-03, if any? Like priority shipping, or pre-orders being pushed back to make space for reserves? cheers!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
thank you for the update! I was surprised to see the 50USD premium on two-tone but figured just as much as you have explained.

full disclosure - I do not make the cut for this reserve list but did get my pre-order in, so I'm curious as to how will this reserve affect the pre-orders on 2020-07-03, if any? Like priority shipping, or pre-orders being pushed back to make space for reserves? cheers!

I doubt it, if you have your order in, it's going out by the end of the month. I will have to wait a bit longer, oh well

Reactions: thelaughingman

BananaOoyoo

Chassis Packer
Jun 11, 2020
What are the best case fans for the T1?

Right now, I have 2 Noctua NF-F12s (case) and a Scythe Slipstream Slim (CPU) from my existing build. I can upgrade to a 25mm fan for my CPU because of the higher clearances on the T1, and I'm also looking at potentially swapping out the F12s. I was hoping the NF-A12x25 chromax would be available, but it looks like the ETA has been pushed back to Q1 2021.

For the T1, would I see a noticeable advantage to switching out the F12 (pressure) for S12a (airflow) and to switching out the Slipstream for a third F12? Or should I just wait until the A12x25 is released, since it's a better all-rounder fan than the other two?

BananaOoyoo

Chassis Packer
Jun 11, 2020
How are you going to cool your system? Air or water?
That's the main deciding factor. (if water, you need at least one slim fan)
Other than that, you should be set up and ready to go with what you have. :)

Thanks! Right now, I’m planning on air cooling the system. Definitely going to replace the fan on the Scythe Big Shuriken 2 Rev.B at some point (if not now, then when the A12 is released).

I guess I can always stick with what I have and re-evaluate if thermals are awful.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
---trim

Dang, I dont think i make this date, but missed the pre order somehow even though I orderd within 1min of the site going live haha.
oh well.,
keep up the good work W360, your dedication to this project and its followers is amazing!

Reactions: DrHudacris

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
Unfortunately I don't think I meet the cutoff if it's based on the date you first posted in this thread...however, I have been following the project for quite some time and have had an account for three years before the Optimum Tech Video.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
...I had with one of the fans rubbing up against the motherboard might not happen to everyone

Is the fan hitting the Molex Connector on Mobo, or Other Cables, or the actual Mobo itself?

If the Fan sits below the Mobo, the fan blades should NOT levitate more than the fan casing, I'm curious if this is a fan QA problem or cable interference problem.

Also, did you remove the rubber padding on the fans? That should give you more room.

Thank you, looking forward to the pics. I will be attempting something similar. We'll see if the black fan grills I have can prevent this issue.

Was the $50 premium for the two tone announced? Is it safe to assume there will be a premium for the gunmetal when it comes out as well?

Referencing my Black Silver Partial Refund announcement. It's a negotiation between us and the factory on what is acceptable for anodizing QA. With anodizing, you are always going to have variations, with parts of different thickness and mass, it makes the situation worse.

The question is how bad. Effectively, depending on what the factory accepts as failure, it affects our yield, and yield affects price.

Anyways, working on it, hoping to keep it no more than USD 20 premium.

From what I'm reading, people have managed to order black without the riser, so I'm assuming some people didn't get the 4 minute penalty I had when trying to buy from central Europe?

T1v1.1 without Riser was NOT an option for 2020-07-03 drop, so its not possible.

Google translate says this person bought 3 units? Are there any measures being put in place so that people can only get 1? @Wahaha360 @gwertheim

We didn't implement limit because a big portion of our customers in Asia (China particularly) don't have credit cards, so they buy together with some friends. Since we didn't implement Alipay payment to make it easier for customers in Asia, we are not limiting quantity atm.

The apps we explored all had problems, so there is no perfect solution. That being said, I don't see reseller being an issue if we have availability weekly.

...Another T1 build in Chiphell (in Chinese)...

T1v1.0 Fan Bracket for 240 AIO had an issue where it interference with Heatsink styled Mobo like the ROG Z390-I ITX.

This problem should be solved for T1v1.1. T1v1.1 also allows fan / AIO mounting directly to the Panels, so you don't need to even use the Fan Brackets.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Not been on here in ages so was wondering if grey or silver ie anything not black and all same colour will be available at some point this year or next with USB C and SD I/O ?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
i'm intresting in this case ,but i can't buy it.....so sad

Shipping from mainland to Taiwan only works reliably via SF-Express. However, we will need to collect your Govt ID to ship.

It kinds makes me uncomfortable, but we also don't know how to add this "input field" into shipping form on Shopify, so we are tweaking.

If you have good suggestion on alternative shipping carriers or way to integrate into Shopify shipping forms, we are open to try.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Not been on here in ages so was wondering if grey or silver ie anything not black and all same colour will be available at some point this year or next with USB C and SD I/O ?

USB-C prob next year.

Currently, not enough motherboard with USB-C internal IO. For the T1, I like to get 2 to make it looks right.

I'm working on a mini-ITX mobo for next gen CPU, so hopefully we can resolve this issue of motherboard headers.

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
USB-C prob next year.

Currently, not enough motherboard with USB-C internal IO. For the T1, I like to get 2 to make it looks right.

I'm working on a mini-ITX mobo for next gen CPU, so hopefully we can resolve this issue of motherboard headers.
Are you allowed to disclose which socket the mobo targets? :D

hitsuyounai

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2020
USB-C prob next year.

Oh boy am I looking forward to this. Already following the FreeFlo, and now you're doing mobos? You sure know how to grab one's attention and wallets lmao. Fingers crossed the boards are going to support AM4!