Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
OK, now that I went and got wasted and I that I'm less of a crybaby, I'd like to run a few questions to the crowd. I'll expand when the aspirin starts taking effect.
  • Has anyone noticed the site switch open at only T+4 minutes?
From what I'm reading, people have managed to order black without the riser, so I'm assuming some people didn't get the 4 minute penalty I had when trying to buy from central Europe?
The site loaded for me at xx:01, both on my phone and my PC. So you have your internet connection to blame for.

• I knew that it was a Shopify site. If you've used any Shopify site previously, and set it to save your payment info, it will have all payment info and shipping address pre-populated. So basically after it's in your cart it's just a click or two before the order goes through, no other input.
  • I had the URL for the exact variant I wanted in my clipboard (black with riser, July 24 ship date). Every few seconds I opened a new tab and pasted the URL til it loaded. If you're reloading instead, make sure that you're doing a hard reload (Ctrl/Cmd + R, rather than clicking the reload button) -- the reload button is a soft reload that may load from cache rather than fully reloading the website.
  • Clicked buttons as fast as I could. I think the whole process took me about 30 seconds.
I have similar process like you and I did get one too.
Here are some tips and hope it helps.

1. Just go to any shopify site (eg. W360MOD), try to check out any items and get familiar with the checkout page
2. Open a text editor, type in all the necessary information you need from the checkout page (eg. email, shipping address...etc)
3. Bookmark the exact URL of the preorder page on the bookmark bar, keep clicking it until it gets into the preorder page.
4. Copy and paste the information from text editor to the checkout site (required quick finger! haha)
5. Or you can use autofill, which I didn't test.

I think I finished the whole process around 30 seconds also
Almost the same process to both of you with some small exceptions.
  • I just loaded the homepage, then selected the T1 and variants, added to cart and checkout. I remember even going back to the product page once before getting back to cart and the entire process took me less than 2 minutes to complete.
  • I had all necessary info stored by Shopify too since I bought from W360MOD before and just thought it was convenient. But I had to change shipping address - Google auto-fill just works wonder.

BananaOoyoo

Chassis Packer
Jun 11, 2020
Obviously I'm trying to compare shipping costs. To the US, from what I've gathered, is about 40-45usd.

Shipping was $20 to Korea. But shipping isn’t the only factor involved with costs - as far as I know, there shouldn’t be an import fee for the T1 shipped to the US, whereas I’ll be hit with one here.

In terms of overall cost, you’re better off shipping to the US (which is why I asked in the first place).

MrBuddha

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2020
My transaction was finished by 9:02 and I didn't have any auto fill options activated in advanced, I remember the refresh wheel stuttering at 9 (think that was everyone doing the initial refresh) don't know what good this does anyone, just keep swiping down until the page becomes active. Good luck to everyone.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thank you, looking forward to the pics. I will be attempting something similar. We'll see if the black fan grills I have can prevent this issue.
Pics should come in about a week. I'll post to reddit and here.
Adding a fan grill would fix the problem, but it would also add another: you're adding more thickness to the unit, so you're making it extremely hard to close the top panel. Washers are the best fix besides getting a thinner fan from scythe or some other company.
Great to hear that you confirmed a fitment with another radiator!

I would recommend setting fans to liquid temp, as that is what the fans are doing, dissipating heat from the liquid via the radiator. You'll have less fan ramp up and down. I'm not certain for asetek/AIO pumps, but DCLT is good to 65C (some are lower) liquid temp and DDC and D5 are good to 60C liquid temp. These are the temps where the pump begins to be damaged. But again, I'm not sure about AIO/Asetek pumps. I think they're resistant to those temps or higher, as they are mounted inside the CPU block where the heat is generated.
Did some testing while playing Witcher 3, liquid temp got to like 43c because of the GPU's heat and the CPU stayed around 66c. With the CPU being the only thing stressed, the liquid temp got to like 38c (I think).
I've got the fans where I want them now I think. Took a ton of testing though because I've never done anything with liquid temp. Quiet enough, and keeps the CPU from getting to 78+c when playing Witcher 3 (this happened when it was based on CPU temp)

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
My transaction was finished by 9:02 and I didn't have any auto fill options activated in advanced, I remember the refresh wheel stuttering at 9 (think that was everyone doing the initial refresh) don't know what good this does anyone, just keep swiping down until the page becomes active. Good luck to everyone.
I didnt have anything prefilled or ready togo. Just clicked add to cart, even screwed up not clicking the preorder acknowledgement box. Entered in all my details. And done. How the 1's and 0's worked out that I got in before others I will never know. But I did.

Sucks that people missed out. But I think that given Wahaha has put the work in ensuring his supply chain is solid enough to provide weekly drops unlike basically every other enthusiast small run piece of tech hardware around atm. Means that people can rest easy knowing they will get another shot. Not 3 months from now. But literal days. And from my understanding the first batch was quite small correct?

Anyway. I'll probably be told to be quiet because I got one therefor of course I am not complaining. But I am sure in the next few weeks each person here will have theirs ordered and the sting of not being on the first batch will have worn off.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I didn't even try because I was in a magical place called the outdoors. I know that's a scary place but I grew up in a time called the 80's, we were allowed to roam free to the park and the store without supervision. I still remember the days of playing hockey in the streets and never getting hit by a car.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I didn't even try because I was in a magical place called the outdoors. I know that's a scary place but I grew up in a time called the 80's, we were allowed to roam free to the park and the store without supervision. I still remember the days of playing hockey in the streets and never getting hit by a car.

I don’t think I’ve ever been on the outdoors servers. Or is it a mod for your game?

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
I don’t think I’ve ever been on the outdoors servers. Or is it a mod for your game?

Reactions: SSJ4

blindphleb

Average Stuffer
Feb 7, 2018
I'm so glad we're making it a requirement to post in English on the forum. I don't know how to use google translate. It's very complicated, and I'm worried they're talking about me because I'm a narcissist.