Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

TSOF

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 20, 2020
So I'm clear on this: can the tx240 be mounted with 1x15mm and 1x25mm underneath it (radiator closest to top panel)?

And if so, is it just tight, or does it actually foul on the top panel? If it fouls, do you reckon this could be modified in anyway to work?

Thanks.

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
So I'm clear on this: can the tx240 be mounted with 1x15mm and 1x25mm underneath it (radiator closest to top panel)?

And if so, is it just tight, or does it actually foul on the top panel? If it fouls, do you reckon this could be modified in anyway to work?

Thanks.
This the setup most people should be doing. Yes.

One side note: I'm not sure how you can do 2x15mm and a 25mm with tx250. Someone just mentioned this was possible. I never heard of that. Probably will cause a 3mm bulge at the top. I would like to see a pic of that.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Thanks.

There are these aligning rails on the top panel that might cause issues. Honestly not sure the best solution to get around this... But this is the only hurdle. Maybe hammering the radiator shroud down a bit?

This the setup most people should be doing. Yes.

One side note: I'm not sure how you can do 2x15mm and a 25mm with tx250. Someone just mentioned this was possible. I never heard of that. Probably will cause a 3mm bulge at the top. I would like to see a pic of that.

Yeah I'm the guy!

stanleyguan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 18, 2020
Anybody crazy enough to think of cramming this rad in? Looks like it's 40mm wide (i.e. 2 slots). With 3-slot config and a watercooled GPU, it might *just* fit in between the GPU waterblock and the panel? It might be possible to have 3 40mm fans too.

It might not make a groundbreaking difference to thermals. Just thinking about what's possible.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Anybody crazy enough to think of cramming this rad in? Looks like it's 40mm wide (i.e. 2 slots). With 3-slot config and a watercooled GPU, it might *just* fit in between the GPU waterblock and the panel? It might be possible to have 3 40mm fans too.

It might not make a groundbreaking difference to thermals. Just thinking about what's possible.

I think with creativity (and maybe a 3d printer) you can fit it. You'll have to go with 6mm ID tubes, if I'm reading the specs right.

Reactions: stanleyguan

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
@DrHudacris that stock cables look close to touch the 25mm fan! may I ask what is the actual clearance do you have there? do you think low profile connector / slim cables can give more clearance? Asking to see if there's 7mm to gain for my EK AIO 240 hahaha

Ashenfall

Average Stuffer
Jun 13, 2020
The TX240 is a 22fpi copper radiator. According to @fabio's testing, is also about 1-2 degrees cooler.

@ManaNeko had concerns about the LT240 rad not being very thick so my answer was specifically targeted at that. the TX240 is thinner than the LT240 so I didn't see a need to mention it

1-2 degrees is kind of negligible. Could even be within error margins of the test equipment

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@ManaNeko had concerns about the LT240 rad not being very thick so my answer was specifically targeted at that. the TX240 is thinner than the LT240 so I didn't see a need to mention it

1-2 degrees is kind of negligible. Could even be within error margins of the test equipment

You wondered if there was a 240mm radiator "at or under 27mm, full copper, with higher FPI" I don't see how my mentioning the TX was unnecessary.