Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Is anyone using or planning to use a z490 chipset mobo? Do we know if these will work well with the T1? I’m wanting to build using MSI MEG Z490i Unify or Asrock Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3. (Sorry! I’m still an Intel fanboy! For now).
I think from a compatibility and clearance perspective the ASRock tends to run into restrictions with a lot of other components due to the almost wrap around cooling towers. It will heavily depend on the cooler you plan on using, but honestly I would say your best bet is to get the Unify as it's probably the best all round Z490 ITX board IMO, there's genuinely no BAD options in the space, they all have big pro's and limited cons, but the VRM, look, layout and features on the Unify make it difficult to contest.

I guess the question back to you is what do you plan on cooling the CPU with and are you overclocking?

Doppler9

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
I think from a compatibility and clearance perspective the ASRock tends to run into restrictions with a lot of other components due to the almost wrap around cooling towers. It will heavily depend on the cooler you plan on using, but honestly I would say your best bet is to get the Unify as it's probably the best all round Z490 ITX board IMO, there's genuinely no BAD options in the space, they all have big pro's and limited cons, but the VRM, look, layout and features on the Unify make it difficult to contest.

I guess the question back to you is what do you plan on cooling the CPU with and are you overclocking?
Yes I was asking based on dimensions/height. I will use stock air cooling for GPU and probably the LT240 for CPU. Inverted T1, not sure about which PSU and orientation, leaning towards Corsair platinum 750. I’ve been a big Asrock fan, but I agree the MSI is a great board and I’m leaning that way.

what does chipset has to do with the case? if it's ITX board then it fits. Or are you asking about ease of assembly if the board has tall VRM/Chipset heatsink/cover?
Yes, concerned about height, m.2 placement, etc.

What is the max speed for the the USB-C port on the optional front panel? Obviously it matters what port it’s plugged into on the mobo.. but would it support USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 20Gbps?

Reactions: thelaughingman

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Yes I was asking based on dimensions/height. I will use stock air cooling for GPU and probably the LT240 for CPU. Inverted T1, not sure about which PSU and orientation, leaning towards Corsair platinum 750. I’ve been a big Asrock fan, but I agree the MSI is a great board and I’m leaning that way.
Yes, concerned about height, m.2 placement, etc.
What is the max speed for the the USB-C port on the optional front panel? Obviously it matters what port it’s plugged into on the mobo.. but would it support USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 20Gbps?

you can using "Quote" or edit your post reply, rather than make triple post like this.

Demon Boy Jr

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2017
Really hoping the Two Tone makes it through this batch, but alas if it isn't I don't mind waiting until next batch. Might have an updated revision too.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Really hoping the Two Tone makes it through this batch, but alas if it isn't I don't mind waiting until next batch. Might have an updated revision too.
Two-tone made it.

The website is live again, just can't order yet.
  • Black - 200usd
  • Two-tone - 240usd
  • Riser - 10usd
https://formdworks.com/products/t1-black

@Wahaha360 will we have a list of what comes in the box as standard? My guess is the case assembly, power switch, PSU extension cable, and riser (if selected), anything else I'm missing? Just asking to remove any doubt cause for example, the M19 switch is listed under T1 parts, people may get confused that the case doesn't come with a power button. Cheers!

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Well... this is unfortunate. kinda hard to say what will be the best choice right now as I have all my components together for the T1 build but now the desired case won't come to the market until Q4. Should i just buy black or wait for the gunmetal case.
Anybody here with the same problem?
I mean I know what they say about going black but still.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Anyone think this Alphacool refill kit could help with filling the LT240 AiO? will this be easier?

I simply opened the fillport, added fluid, connected the pump to a 9V battery (fillport still open) and shook the radiator until bubbles left the loop through the fillport.

That works pretty good.

Repeat that a few times and you can get almost all the air out of the loop.

Reactions: shopan

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Well... this is unfortunate. kinda hard to say what will be the best choice right now as I have all my components together for the T1 build but now the desired case won't come to the market until Q4. Should i just buy black or wait for the gunmetal case.

Color is the least of the worries. I am willing to get it without the accessories and all that but it won t ship to my country...hope my stupid gov did not ban shipment from china

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I simply opened the fillport, added fluid, connected the pump to a 9V battery (fillport still open) and shook the radiator until bubbles left the loop through the fillport.

That works pretty good.

Repeat that a few times and you can get almost all the air out of the loop.
I did the same as you, but followed it with the method shown below because I had zero experience and wanted to do it right. It was a hassle and probably unnecessary, but gave me good results.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Color is the least of the worries. I am willing to get it without the accessories and all that but it won t ship to my country...hope my stupid gov did not ban shipment from china
Yeah that's worse. I'm inclined to get the black one and once it sells the gun metal grey one.
If you really won't be able to get it shipped i'd be happy to sell it to you.
Provided everything goes as planned ofcourse.

tarrou

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 8, 2020
I reside in Albania (south eastern europe) and my country is not on the list. Will i be able to order it anyway? I don't mind if it ships the week after...

Your best options are either to look into using one of the package forwarding services mentioned over the last few pages, or, to wait and see if shipping opens up to more locations over the coming weeks, as W360 said they will try to improve shipping availability weekly.
The first round of pre-ordering is not your only chance to get one.

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I did the same as you, but followed it with the method shown below because I had zero experience and wanted to do it right. It was a hassle and probably unnecessary, but gave me good results.

Thanks, I was wondering how to do it, so it seems i need to buy that silver connector

Reactions: PBJ

Doppler9

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Tough situation, I’m really wanting the front panel with usb (I can’t stand pigtails from rear and I use usb multiple times per day). Thought about doing what you’re suggesting.

Reactions: PKAWA

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
Tough situation, I’m really wanting the front panel with usb (I can’t stand pigtails from rear and I use usb multiple times per day). Thought about doing what you’re suggesting.
Ideally i'd get the P1 but that's going to take another year probably so yeah... I can kinda see myself buying three cases this coming year. I'll probably start here and maybe once I have it I don't feel the need for a different color anymore. I've heard it looks even better in person and it's a good looking case anyway.
I mean, the whole point of getting the P1 is because I love the design and to use my Kraken X62 in it, but maybe the LT240 is not a complete let down and I won't feel the need to ever use it. Meanwhile I just can't wait to ditch the NZXT H500 i'm currently using which in itself is a nice case.
Weird problem wanting to have the smallest.

Reactions: Doppler9

altair0319

Cable Smoosher
Jun 5, 2020
Two-tone made it.

The website is live again, just can't order yet.
  • Black - 200usd
  • Two-tone - 240usd
  • Riser - 10usd
https://formdworks.com/products/t1-black

@Wahaha360 will we have a list of what comes in the box as standard? My guess is the case assembly, power switch, PSU extension cable, and riser (if selected), anything else I'm missing? Just asking to remove any doubt cause for example, the M19 switch is listed under T1 parts, people may get confused that the case doesn't come with a power button. Cheers!

This is a silly question, which color is two tone actually referring to? Black Silver + Black Mesh as in wahaha's post or white + black like the website displayed?

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
If you wouldn't mind posting a link to it, i'll need it too haha.
You guys mean the fitting used in between the CPU Block fill port and the clear tube?

If so, any regular G1/4 fitting for soft tubing will work as long as you match it with the correct tubing size.

Last edited:
Reactions: PKAWA