Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

carrefinho

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2020
Heaps of photos of the black from the test shipping as well as one the first page. There's also a pic of what the two tone will be like in that first post, it's shown with the USB-C and SD card slots on the side. Same two tone as that. Alternatively, there's this post for the silver,

However I don't think there's been a pic of the two tone in the flesh, just the separate silver and black (gunmental as well).
Two tone made a brief appearance here.

Reactions: DrHudacris

milica

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2019
I know there's no ETA for other colors right now, but I'm just wondering if Gunmetal Grey gets released in the future, will it come with Gunmetal mesh too, or will mesh always be black?

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019
I know there's no ETA for other colors right now, but I'm just wondering if Gunmetal Grey gets released in the future, will it come with Gunmetal mesh too, or will mesh always be black?

Looks like the mesh will be black for all colors. It's black in the silver, gunmetal and two-tone samples so there is no reason to believe there will be color matched side panels at this time.

Link to color samples

milica

Chassis Packer
Jan 12, 2019
Looks like the mesh will be black for all colors. It's black in the silver, gunmetal and two-tone samples so there is no reason to believe there will be color matched side panels at this time.

Link to color samples
Yes I'm aware of the photo, but like you said they're just samples. I was hoping that in the FINAL product the sides could potentially be color matched.

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
I think I already saw differing statements about silver mesh, but it was said that it would be definitely hard to match the colour.
The mesh is powder coated and not anodized after all, so I guess if we see it we will have to wait quite a while. But I would definitely prefer it.

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
One could probably get a local paint-shop to colour-match the side panel but I'm honestly not that familier with stuff like that.

seckzy

Chassis Packer
Aug 2, 2019
The Mesh is steel so if you leave it and the rest of the case bare they will look different.

To expand upon this, you cannot anodize steel (a steel oxide is rust) like you can aluminum alloys so getting the colors to match is nearly impossible. Also, batch to batch the anodization can vary in color as we saw in batch 1, 2, 3 Ghost S1's.

Reactions: 3dl1r

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Anyone think this Alphacool refill kit could help with filling the LT240 AiO? will this be easier? it looks like you don't have to the pc connected. Just the power supply, this video below they made make it look simple.

Alphacool-- which has been great on replying to Facebook messages, which is neat!-- seemed very discouraging at the prospect of refilling the Eisbaer LT240 due to the lack of even the tiny reservoir as found in the larger Eisbaer 240. (Note the different pump block in the linked video as opposed to the lower-profile LT240 pump.)

That doesn't mean it's impossible *at all* though. A nice Redditor shared some neat info (link to comment thread) on how he or she refilled LT240 using minimal hardware.

Reactions: shopan

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
I think the easiest way, as mentioned is to measure it before and then refill it outside the case, as in this video:
I know it's also linked in the thread but easy to overlook. It uses the LT pump and the used radiator/tubing is not relevant for the filling procedure,

darthrex

Cable Smoosher
Feb 19, 2020
So I got my hands on one of the Alphacool LT 240s a while ago and am still sitting on it. Is there any way to tell if the one I have is one of the ones that suffers from mixed metal corrosion?

sammi_j

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jun 15, 2020
Yes
Heaps of photos of the black from the test shipping as well as one the first page. There's also a pic of what the two tone will be like in that first post, it's shown with the USB-C and SD card slots on the side. Same two tone as that. Alternatively, there's this post for the silver,

However I don't think there's been a pic of the two tone in the flesh, just the separate silver and black (gunmental as well).

Exactly, I saw all the pictures here and there but for clarity’s sake I thought adding a picture with the two configuration next to each other would help

Thanks

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
So I got my hands on one of the Alphacool LT 240s a while ago and am still sitting on it. Is there any way to tell if the one I have is one of the ones that suffers from mixed metal corrosion?

I'm pretty sure the consensus in here ended up on the corrosion being related to material-- likely plasticizer-- leaching out of the PVC tubing, rather than mixed metals. A lot of us have been swapping out the tubes, and I am now planning to do the same with my LT240 unit.

Reactions: SSJ4 and aexeq

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
There shouldn't be much plasticer in your system if you don't use it. So you should be fine. (Plasticer is the more problematic with time and especially (!!!) temperature.)

You sould be be fine if it only sits there, but check your pump (by unscrewing) and your radiator (by flushing it with tap and destilled water).

read all of it for other advices:
You can also use chemicals to clean,your rediator further but I only know german videos about it...
sorry:\

Important:

Dont use them for too long, they can demage your radiators, pumps and tubes.
Plastics are very sebnsitive!!!!

And don't use them on your pump and bearings because they can damage your seals!

Last edited:
Reactions: SoSquidTaste

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Is this confirmed, is there a new part number for it?

There is no new "point revision" of the LT240-- that design remains unchanged.

There is, however, a... spiritual successor I guess you can call it that is pending, the Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora LT (dunno a better way to link to it than their Facebook page, since it's not really documented elsewhere that I can find besides an eye-on preview at an old hardware expo)

Per one of my recent posts, their Facebook team replied that the Aurora LT would be available in a couple of months' time.

Doppler9

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Is anyone using or planning to use a z490 chipset mobo? Do we know if these will work well with the T1? I’m wanting to build using MSI MEG Z490i Unify or Asrock Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3. (Sorry! I’m still an Intel fanboy! For now).

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
Is anyone using or planning to use a z490 chipset mobo? Do we know if these will work well with the T1? I’m wanting to build using MSI MEG Z490i Unify or Asrock Z490 Phantom Gaming-ITX/TB3. (Sorry! I’m still an Intel fanboy! For now).
what does chipset has to do with the case? if it's ITX board then it fits. Or are you asking about ease of assembly if the board has tall VRM/Chipset heatsink/cover?