Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Do you have the radiator fans as intake? Does that yield better temp results in your build?

I have fans oriented in the more common orientation (seems to be more common anyway). Meaning, the fans pull air from the case and exhaust out of the top panel. Drawing air from inside of the case means the mesh sides and bottom panel are all sources for intake.

Edit: this is the same fan orientation as @fabio so I don't have any novel thermal data to contribute. Just an observation on dust accumulation that illustrates where the most flow through the mesh is.

Reactions: PBJ

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I have fans oriented in the more common orientation (seems to be more common anyway). Meaning, the fans pull air from the case and exhaust out of the top panel. Drawing air from inside of the case means the mesh sides and bottom panel are all sources for intake.

Edit: this is the same fan orientation as @fabio so I don't have any novel thermal data to contribute. Just an observation on dust accumulation that illustrates where the most flow through the mesh is.

If it has the fabio stamp of approval, that's all we need to know

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

Yeah, that’s the way I have them too. I just misunderstood your previous post, but I got it now. Thanks!

Reactions: DrHudacris

fishdust

What's an ITX?
New User
Jun 14, 2020
Hi guys, I am new to this forum, as well as building sff pc. I am planning to build my first pc with the Formd T1 case, aircooled. I was wondering if Ryzen 5 3600, MSI B450I and MSI GTX 1660 Super Gaming X would fit in the case. I am planning to use the Noctua L12S as the CPU cooler.

If anyone is interested in the parts that I have chosen, here is my list: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/P7mcsk

Thank you for all your help.

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
I have my fans configured for intake on the LT240. It will be in a flipped case/psu configuration when I get the T1. The idea behind doing it this way is to draw cooler ambient air across the fins as opposed to case temperature air. Optimum Tech ran tests to show it provided better thermal results. Also you have a bit of a fan guard in this orientation to protect the blades from wires and tubing.

Last edited:

PKAWA

Master of Cramming
May 27, 2020
I have my fans configured for intake on the LT240. It will be in a flipped case/psu configuration when I get the T1. The idea behind doing it this way is to draw cooler ambient air across the fins as opposed to case temperature air. Optimum Tech ran tests to show it provided better thermal results. Also you have a bit of a fan guard in this orientation to protect the fins from wires and tubing.
So you have the fans underneath the radiator pulling air in?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-06-14 Color Update!

Initially thoughts, Two Tone looks surprisingly ok on Black Mesh. Gunmetal Gray on Black Mesh turned out way better than I imagined. Silver alone haven't tasted yet.

Getting White color next week, will compare White vs Silver, then we can finalize the colors for this batch's preorder.

Last edited:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
2020-06-14 Color Update!

Initially thoughts, Two Tone looks surprisingly ok on Black Mesh. Gunmetal Gray on Black Mesh turned out way better than I imagined. Silver alone haven't tasted yet.

Getting White color next week, will compare White vs Silver, then we can finalize the colors for this batch's preorder.

My end game has always been the 2-tone, but seeing the silver panels and how nicely they contrast with the black mesh has me leaning toward an all silver build now. I very much look forward to seeing a pic of that when the time comes!

The gunmetal looks quite nice as well, but I don't think it competes with black or silver. That's just my opinion, but I think a third color option should be a stand-out color from the tried and true black and silver. Something different, like a tan-khaki or the beige you mentioned a while back would be fantastic options with the black mesh side panels. :)

Reactions: JinJuu and PBJ

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Out the colours you currently have, this would be my winner. And yes, gunmetal goes suprisingly well with black - my current case has black top and gunmetal side panels and looks great to me.

Something different, like a tan-khaki or the beige you mentioned a while back would be fantastic options with the black mesh side panels. :)
The moment I read beige it screamed Noctua in my head haha. I love the render of the Dan C4 in Noctua brown/beige colour. Probably would not happen with the T1 but would still be amazing to think about. Brown and proud ?

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018

Totally agree, very interesting color iterations. The two tone on black mesh looks nice, a bit edgy for my personal taste but I think it will appeal to many. Of the two, I like the Gunmetal Gray on Black Mesh better as it's more subtle, and I can't wait to see the ultimate transformation of the White or Silver with a lighter grey. It's really great to see how a well thought and crafted industrial design allows for such interesting customisations and permutations.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
I prefer silver right now, two tones is great very nice.. combine silver and white will be nice too.. but difficult in packing? I mean more time to packing this beauty?

0x3F2D

Trash Compacter
Oct 13, 2019
Are these the colors for THIS batch that you expect around June 20th?
I thought it would only be black and maybe two tone for this batch. But if gray and white will also be available that is going to be a difficult decision...
Best for me would be two tone black/white but I will have to buy two separate cases some time and mix them I guess...

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
2020-06-14 Color Update!

Gunmetal looks really good! It’s my favorite because it gives the case a bit more visual depth compared to all black, but still keeps its subtle nature.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Oh man, I can't wait to see how white turns out. @Wahaha360 that's a Cerakote white, since anodizing can't make white finishes, right?

If so, I'm so hopeful for all white panels on black mesh ????