Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

jrvd007

Chassis Packer
Feb 19, 2020
What's your point? You do know it's pretty difficult to get things from the other side of the world these days. Count yourself lucky it's that soon

I think his point is he is sad to have to wait till mid July. I'm sure he is aware of the time it takes to get things around the world. I'm happy to wait whatever amount of time is necessary to get this case, but honestly, with a case this awesome, any wait time is a little sad ;)

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
People, don't get me wrong. I am truly exited that the website is now open and I see at least aprox dates. Just waiting that particular awesome case - every day counts as two ?

Needless to say, a big shout out to the team that made it happen. And everyone here in the thread for sharing photos of their setups and giving me everyday ideas what and how to build.

I am looking forward to get one and share my journey of my first ever sff case. I think this is going to be a great start in the sff community.

Nivaku

Case Bender
New User
Dec 10, 2019
Hello all,

In the website, when you try to configure your case, what exactly is the Riser?
-Is that for installing the GPU on the other side?

I plan on using the L12S with both a 120MM Slim fan and 92mm fan, is that possible with this case?

Thanks

graemeduncan

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2020
graemeduncan.co
Hello all,

In the website, when you try to configure your case, what exactly is the Riser?
-Is that for installing the GPU on the other side?

I plan on using the L12S with both a 120MM Slim fan and 92mm fan, is that possible with this case?

Thanks
Yup exactly that! The riser cable just connects into the motherboard and runs down to the other side so the GPU can be mounted opposite the GPU. There is an option to get it without the riser cable for those that already have one but one will be needed to build in this case. :)

graemeduncan

Chassis Packer
May 21, 2020
graemeduncan.co
Yup exactly that! The riser cable just connects into the motherboard and runs down to the other side so the GPU can be mounted opposite the GPU. There is an option to get it without the riser cable for those that already have one but one will be needed to build in this case. :)
Doesn't seem to let me edit. Meant to say so the GPU can be mounted opposite the motherboard.

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
I was very concerned about this earlier. That's why I asked what the email address would be, so I can properly set up a notification on my end. I know the feeling. Now I'm thinking there is a small chance we might miss the email.

I set up a filter for any email that contains formd.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Everyone chill out? @Wahaha360 will be up in a couple of hours and I will talk to him to see what the problem is. Til then go outside and play or something

Check back in 6 hrs

Reactions: Daemos

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
so if I used a 500gb m.2 as my main drive and a 1tb m.2 on the back of the mobo as my games drive, will I have heat issues if I'm running a game for a couple of hours? Are the heat issues for the back m.2 drive really bad?

The benchmarks I've seen so far in this thread didnt seem like the drives were under too much heat but I dont know how much these tests stress the storage
Well it depends on the types of m.2 you have. Both of the m.2 slots on the asus b450-i can support NVME, but only the one on the front (under the heat spreader) can support SATA. The one on the back can only support NVME. I would think that the SATA drive would run cooler than the NVME drive, but I'm not sure.
I have a 2TB SATA drive under the heat spreader, and it is usually around 40-50c. My system drive is a 250GB NVME drive on the back, I'll get to thermals later.

What causes the drive on the back to heat up when it is not being heavily used is not the drive itself (although it warm itself up when it's under load, but this shouldn't be a problem). The heat comes from the GPU being so close to the drive on the back, and the fact that the riser for the GPU acts as a sort of insulator, making the drive warmer, and restricting airflow to the drive.
Basically, the drive doesn't have to be under load for the thermals to rise. When gaming for example, the drive is under basically no load at all, but the GPU is running at nearly 100%, kicking out a lot of heat. That heat transfers to the drive on the back somehow, and heats it up.
For example, I was gaming today and my GPU was around 70-75c, and the M.2 on the back was at about 72c. The hottest the GPU got was 77c, and the hottest the drive got was 76c.
When idle, the drive is around 50-60c, because the GPU isn't heating it up. Obviously using the drive a lot would heat it up as well.

I haven't had any problems yet, because usually the drive can take care of itself, and nand likes to run warm from what I remember.
The ideal configuration for absolutely no problems would be having a system drive be an M.2 under the heat spreader on the front of the motherboard, and a 2.5" drive in the front of the case instead of an m.2 drive on the back. Keep in mind this will add a lot of cable bulk to the system though.