Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Bit of an odd question, or a specific one I guess.
Has anyone had any luck mounting the LT240 cpu block on a Gigabyte x570i motherboard?
I have currently got ek fittings on my LT block and it will not mount due to the chipset/m.2 heatsink.
Trying to get some of the stock diameter tubing so I can use the Alphacool fittings over here is becoming a joke. To the point where I ordered some off aliexpress and it simply hasn't shown up months later.

Its getting close to the point of my just buying a pump, ek cpu block and going custom haha.
I know!! I didn’t try with other fittings (maybe some Koolance or in general low profile 90 degrees fittings will do also the job), but this was the only way I was able to fit the Eisbaer LT in the Gigabyte on my build:

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
I know!! I didn’t try with other fittings (maybe some Koolance or in general low profile 90 degrees fittings will do also the job), but this was the only way I was able to fit the Eisbaer LT in the Gigabyte on my build:

Seeing as you have also had the Strix x570i would this config work with that? I think the VRM heatsink on the Strix is bigger than the Aorus though?
Am about to pull the trigger on this RAD: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/33025/ek-coolstream-se-240-slim-dual-radiator
only slimmer than 30mm rad I can seem to find in Aus,
not sure what fittings to go with though, and what orientation for the LT Solo block, as that impacts the required fittings. you can soak $100's into fittings, so i don't want to buy ones I don't need/that won't make my loop easier to run. that same vendor is where I will get all my fittings from.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
Hey,

Are there any plans to make USB-A in the front? or maybe later as an upgrade?
I think would ruin the aesthetic of the case, the front USB port is actually one of the things I dislike about my Dan A4 currently, I would rather run a USB extension and hub to under my desk, or in my case, I use a USB switch to flick my KB and mouse between my workstation laptop for work, and my personal PC, front ports are ugly.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Seeing as you have also had the Strix x570i would this config work with that? I think the VRM heatsink on the Strix is bigger than the Aorus though?
Am about to pull the trigger on this RAD: https://www.pccasegear.com/products/33025/ek-coolstream-se-240-slim-dual-radiator
only slimmer than 30mm rad I can seem to find in Aus,
not sure what fittings to go with though, and what orientation for the LT Solo block, as that impacts the required fittings. you can soak $100's into fittings, so i don't want to buy ones I don't need/that won't make my loop easier to run. that same vendor is where I will get all my fittings from.
I didn't try the Asus with it, inside the case, but I am pretty sure you have to mount it in the same way. But it needs to be doubled checked to have the tubing passing above the SSD heatsink.

Regarding the Radiator, buy the SE CLASSIC, not the normal SE. The normal Coolstream SE is TOO thick IMO, I had many trouble to mount it! And I am pretty sure they perform the same, maybe better the Classic as well.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
I didn't try the Asus with it, inside the case, but I am pretty sure you have to mount it in the same way. But it needs to be doubled checked to have the tubing passing above the SSD heatsink.

Regarding the Radiator, buy the SE CLASSIC, not the normal SE. The normal Coolstream SE is TOO thick IMO, I had many trouble to mount it! And I am pretty sure they perform the same, maybe better the Classic as well.

The one I linked is the 26mm thick version, the SE 'Slim'

I'll have to order the Rad, then wait on case availability, then essentially build the system, and then order fittings after measuring I guess, I have other systems so not the end of the world if my main system is down for a week waiting on fittings, we just have limited suppliers in Australia for WC gear.

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
The one I linked is the 26mm thick version, the SE 'Slim'

28mm according to EK (check the part number - 3831109860465).

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-coolstream-se-240-slim-dual-5001

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
The one that Optimum Tech used was Alphacool NexXxoS V.2 ST30 240 which is 275 x 124 x 30 mm - 2mm taller than CoolStream SE 28mm. And the case was slightly bulging for him.

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
He also used two slim Noctuas. Sticking to the 42mm clearance adjacent to the motherboard (27mm max radiator) you can use a slim (15mm) and 25mm fan, which would be better for cooling.

Reactions: fabio

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017

With the stock fittings which tubing/size did you end up using? I have the gigabyte x570 and I'm planning on getting the lt240 (used in 2 slot mode) but getting rid of the stock PVC tubes...

Thanks so much for all your testing! It's greatly appreciated!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
With the stock fittings which tubing/size did you end up using? I have the gigabyte x570 and I'm planning on getting the lt240 (used in 2 slot mode) but getting rid of the stock PVC tubes...

Thanks so much for all your testing! It's greatly appreciated!
Never used stock fittings. Go back and look better to all my post. It’s written in a lot of them.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
Never used stock fittings. Go back and look better to all my post. It’s written in a lot of them.
Thanks man!

Yes, the stock fittings are perfect! I am using the HF TPV just because I love their tubing, but are the same size more or less.

Of course you can route above the ram, but mine were sticking out too much!

With the 8/11 should be ok, I guess.

You said the stock fittings are perfect? Unless if I'm reading it wrong...is there any 8/11 HF TPV tubing?

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018

Yeah it all seems like a pain to be restricted for choice.
Almost thinking about just getting a ek cpu block and a ddc pump and being done with it. Can only get the ek pump top version of the ddc over here so hoping it will fit. Will measure it up tomorrow morning. I reckon it’s gonna be tight.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Everything above 27 is difficult to install.

For me already the 28mm was a pain and the bulge was pretty noticeable.

And it forces you to have the 2 slim fans against the top panel.
Even with my 27mm radiator It wasn't easy to install - I was happy to have two helping hands with that, being alone while mounting the Radiator would have been a lot more difficult.

peaksix

Chassis Packer
Mar 9, 2020
Has anyone thought about using the two rear G1/4 ports for an out-of-the-case custom loop? I imagine you could get pretty creative, but seems like it would be a tight bend coming from the radiator.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Everything pictured is what came in the package.

I wondered the same thing about the screws. I'll be interested to see if you get the same assortment of parts tomorrow.
Got it Today! Exactly the same as yours. Looks like you just have to crimp the wires with the silver screws already installed on the power button. No idea what the black screws are for though...

Reactions: Brude27

FischOderAal

Average Stuffer
Apr 15, 2020
Got it Today! Exactly the same as yours. Looks like you just have to crimp the wires with the silver screws already installed on the power button. No idea what the black screws are for though...

Would've been better to use end terminals. In any case take care that no strands are sticking out.

Reactions: Brude27 and PBJ