Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
Did a little cable clean up today. Still a bit messy but about as good as I can be bothered with for now.

Is there a specific reason why you used a slim fan on the NZXT G12 bracket ? Is there not enough clearance for a full size fan ?

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Expected price without riser cable?

USD 200 without riser, ADT riser will be extra $10.

A key reason to make the Riser separate is because we have 30cm 3M riser inbound, I been working on a deal to get black color 3M for few years now. I think 3M is finally tired of telling me no, so maybe this year we can make it happen.

Last edited:

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020

A key reason to make the Riser separate is because we have 30cm 3M riser inbound, I been working on a deal to get black color 3M for few years now. I think 3M is finally tired of telling me no, so maybe this year we can make it happen.

Maybe your productivity change their mind.. :) Waiting another update from you :D

element72

Average Stuffer
Oct 7, 2018
What is the email address for the notification? or will the email contain the phrase "formd t1" ? I didn't get an email when submitting an email on the website. Thanks!

Last edited:

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
@grinny I would also advise for the SF750.
92,5% efficiency will mean at 300W system draw, your PSU will draw 324,3W out of the wall.
This equals 24,3W of heat output. This shouldn't be an issue, but if you want it extra safe, just having the case upside down with the PSUs exhaust at the top and case fans above exhausting heat, there will be no heat buildup.

Will the preorder start before the 20th of June?

Reactions: element72

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017

Two questions:
Can the ADT riser from the Dan A4 be used (I think it's a 30cm riser)?

Can the 25cm 3M Riser work as those seem to be more readily available than the 30cm ones?

Reactions: element72

xkruz

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2020
Done Craming my friend's T1 with i5 8600k, 2060 super will do a comparison between some cooler options (noise, temp, etc)
Since I have some low profile cooler AXP100 copper, black ridge, L12s
And 240mm ID-Cooling Frostflow 240mm AIO (27mm thick, it should fit).

Soon......

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
Honestly I couldn’t find my 25mm fans
I've been considering a solution such as this one in the past. I have some Zalman porcupine heatsinks in the basement somewhere and I'm wondering if they would fit between the bracket and the card. That may be the case. I guess I'll go find out once I get the case.

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
I've been considering a solution such as this one in the past. I have some Zalman porcupine heatsinks in the basement somewhere and I'm wondering if they would fit between the bracket and the card. That may be the case. I guess I'll go find out once I get the case.
Haven't heard the name Zalman in a while, my first build was in a Zalman Z11 back in 2012 when I was 12 years old. It was absolutely huge, 68 litres or so, would fit 6 T1s inside it! I think it's still in the attic somewhere. Cool to see how much cases have changed since then, both in design language and more recently the massive increases in ITX popularity.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Two questions:
Can the ADT riser from the Dan A4 be used (I think it's a 30cm riser)?

Can the 25cm 3M Riser work as those seem to be more readily available than the 30cm ones?
It has been already discussed. I was using the 25cm, super bent. Worked perfectly, but you cannot use it with the slim fan against the motherboard.

Reactions: leMadZSE

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
picked up a different taoglas antenna that covered the 5.8ghz band (the button antenna only supports 2.4ghz), and wanted to throw a pic ya'lls way to show how it compares to the antenna that is commonly recommended on r/sffpc-

it is pretty expensive for a pair of the antennas (~$25), but good lord the signal is 10x better than the old ones (for at least bluetooth). before, with galaxy buds and the bt card on an asrock z390 itx, i couldn't walk into my utility closet ~30 feet away without the audio glitching out. now, i can a) walk into the closet and shut the door to it behind me (heavy door) and audio still be clear as day, and b) leave my apartment, shut the door behind me, and walk ~90 feet down the hall to the elevator bank before audio starts to glitch out (probably due to the elevator support structure).

i was also able to take a bluetooth keyboard into my utility closet, shut the door, and type this sentence out from there (when before i couldn't maintain connectivity for more than 15 feet of unimpeded air), so the improvement is no joke.

10/10, would recommend if the green color doesn't bother you.

James

Efficiency Noob
Feb 6, 2020
i was also able to take a bluetooth keyboard into my utility closet, shut the door, and type this sentence out from there (when before i couldn't maintain connectivity for more than 15 feet of unimpeded air), so the improvement is no joke.

10/10, would recommend if the green color doesn't bother you.
How did you type without monitor? Cool improvement of signal tho.