Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

garqsharq

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 23, 2020
Lurking this thread for months, finally decided to register account. Glad to see it's finally in production despite COVID-19 (stay safe everyone!), looking to see if I can't get my hands on one of these soon!

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
Just on the off chance that some SFFPC forum follower has not heard, be very careful with using the Corsair XG7 Waterblock. There have been several videos on YouTube where they have been shown to leak. I seem to have seen a build recently that had this waterblock, but I cannot recall if it was in this forum

Here is one:

gorthox

Cable Smoosher
Mar 25, 2020
can anyone tell me how long the riser cable for this case is? Also, is it a straight socket or 90 degree socket? I ask because i intend to replace it with a PCI-E Gen 4 variant

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Just on the off chance that some SFFPC forum follower has not heard, be very careful with using the Corsair XG7 Waterblock. There have been several videos on YouTube where they have been shown to leak. I seem to have seen a build recently that had this waterblock, but I cannot recall if it was in this forum

Here is one:

I Saw this last day, prefer recommendation build from useful link in this thread.. they know how to handle T1..

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
can anyone tell me how long the riser cable for this case is? Also, is it a straight socket or 90 degree socket? I ask because i intend to replace it with a PCI-E Gen 4 variant
Was discussed already.
Use the search bar on top! If you don’t know how to use it, just go in the welcome forum and ask how to use it. Then, come back and search for it.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Hey guys!
Between coronavirus, life itself and others I wasn't able to assemble the computer until now. I'll share 3 images and a few comments:

So, comments:

a) Some of you made some sort of vudu. I swear I have no idea how this configuration fits ( @NavicNic on reddit, not sure if he uses the same nickname here. Nice doggy, btw).

It didn't matter how much I pushed the bloody psu in... it wouldn't fit because of the AIO tubes. It just wouldnt. And if you flipped the psu you don't have space for the resulting spaguetti.

All in all, this meant that I had to forgo a triple-slot gpu that I had just bought (I'll have to send back, oh well) and kept my GTX1080 STRIX. That just barely fits: it has like 1mm of leeway between the top of the case and the riser when you insert it.

Also, this holes do not align. Is it my sample or is it everyone?

Not a problem that didn't have a very very easy fix. Just saying, as this is an important part if you want to properly secure the gpu. And speaking of the gpu... do note that some gpus do not like to work upside down. My STRIX is bad in that orientation (bad as in temperature throttling @ 83ºC + bad clocks at 1670mhz whilst the fan was screaming), but is superb otherwise. Again, nothing that isn't an easy fix (I'll make a stand for the case so that the exhaust fans can properly do their job). Some people might not know about heatpipes wick being affected by orientation, nor might have the tools to grind the whole.

All in all, OUTSTANDING CASE. But it needs a manual ASAP as you have to do most steps half a dozen times because you are not sure if X or Y will fit, and thus trial and error.

Also, if possible, I'd consider two things:

a) Gpu and cpu would benefit from having 1 extra milimeter in between them. As it is, gpus this days usually have a backplate, which means that the gpu is pushed against the side because of the riser being in between the 2.

b) Motherboard would benefit from being 1mm down. I couldn't make the riser flat enough for it not to bump just a tad the panel:

Besides, 10/10 would buy again. And it isn't even difficult to build if you go for a double gpu slot + AIO.

gregbiv

Caliper Novice
Apr 17, 2020
Can't wait to see it live. I hope to receive it very soon. As for now, all my other parts have arrived and it looks like that the next couple of weeks (months) I will have to use them on my table open until formd t1 will arrive! Please keep us posted when it will be possible to order. Thanks for the work! ✊

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

That STRIX card is a real beauty in the T1! Fits like a glove!

This is a common issue among the test shippers. I believe a fix is in the revision notes for V1.1.

All in all, OUTSTANDING CASE. But it needs a manual ASAP as you have to do most steps half a dozen times because you are not sure if X or Y will fit, and thus trial and error.

I totally agree, but found the trial and error quite enjoyable. I understand how it might not be enjoyable for a lot of people, though.

a) Gpu and cpu would benefit from having 1 extra milimeter in between them. As it is, gpus this days usually have a backplate, which means that the gpu is pushed against the side because of the riser being in between the 2.

b) Motherboard would benefit from being 1mm down. I couldn't make the riser flat enough for it not to bump just a tad the panel:

a) This is interesting to me, as I have enough room even with a back plate on my GPU to not have any issues. There's more room now that I have removed the back plate for my Kraken G12 mod, but prior to that I didn't have any issues.

b) The riser flattens out no problem. It doesn't seem like it's going to at first, but it does. :)

I'm always happy to see another T1 build posted! It truly is a remarkable case, and I can't wait for accessories to become available so I can tweak and tinker some more!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hey guys!
Between coronavirus, life itself and others I wasn't able to assemble the computer until now. I'll share 3 images and a few comments:

So, comments:

a) Some of you made some sort of vudu. I swear I have no idea how this configuration fits ( @NavicNic on reddit, not sure if he uses the same nickname here. Nice doggy, btw).

It didn't matter how much I pushed the bloody psu in... it wouldn't fit because of the AIO tubes. It just wouldnt. And if you flipped the psu you don't have space for the resulting spaguetti.

All in all, this meant that I had to forgo a triple-slot gpu that I had just bought (I'll have to send back, oh well) and kept my GTX1080 STRIX. That just barely fits: it has like 1mm of leeway between the top of the case and the riser when you insert it.

Not a problem that didn't have a very very easy fix. Just saying, as this is an important part if you want to properly secure the gpu. And speaking of the gpu... do note that some gpus do not like to work upside down. My STRIX is bad in that orientation (bad as in temperature throttling @ 83ºC + bad clocks at 1670mhz whilst the fan was screaming), but is superb otherwise. Again, nothing that isn't an easy fix (I'll make a stand for the case so that the exhaust fans can properly do their job). Some people might not know about heatpipes wick being affected by orientation, nor might have the tools to grind the whole.

Besides, 10/10 would buy again. And it isn't even difficult to build if you go for a double gpu slot + AIO.
Yes, I am NavicNick on reddit! Here's my initial "review" of the case.

How my configuration fits: I had to cut a part of the flip PSU bracket to allow the tubes to fit. Another part of it is that the stock cables for my PSU (EVGA 650 GM) are basically the perfect length when the PSU is flipped. I actually had to flip my PSU so I could have the case in 3 slot mode, otherwise the 24 pin had no where to go and I couldn't close the side panel in 3 slot mode. You might consider getting some pslate custom cables for the T1 when he opens for orders in June 1st, that will help you with the cable clutter. You can also request them to be long enough for the flipped orientation.

Also, you can pop that silver plastic part of the H60 off, and then unscrew the logo/diffuser thing, and flip it around so the Corsair logo is in the right orientation. Or you can cover it with electrical tape if you hate the super bright LEDs.

The GPU bracket with the holes not lining up is on every 1.0 version of the case I think, including mine. Your GPU overheating because it's upside-down is weird though...

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
Hey guys!

So, comments:

What cooler is that? Sad to hear its difficult to fit a 3 slot card in with an AIO as I have a 3 slot 2070s and a corsair H60. I'll probably just try very hard to squeeze it all in.

On another note, only a week till June! I can't wait. Been checking this thread every day since February and the time has almost finally arrived!

grinny

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Has anyone tried SFX-L PSU in this case? I guess it will limit/cancel fan option below PSU bracket, but is it doable?

Especially thinking about Silverstone Nightjar 450W, but I guess it's not a favorable option due to heat generation in an already crammed case.

I just want a silent system as possible, since the case will be sitting on my desk. Oh, and other option is to buy Corsair SF750 (if I can find it anyhow).

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
Has anyone tried SFX-L PSU in this case? I guess it will limit/cancel fan option below PSU bracket, but is it doable?

Especially thinking about Silverstone Nightjar 450W, but I guess it's not a favorable option due to heat generation in an already crammed case.

I just want a silent system as possible, since the case will be sitting on my desk. Oh, and other option is to buy Corsair SF750 (if I can find it anyhow).
My opinion Corsair SF750 is the best! out of games in general the fan doesn`t spin.
I hunted for the Corsair SF750 a long time. very rare!

Last edited:

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
@Navic Which PSU orientation would you suggest if I were to have the case in the same orientation as your photo above? I would assume it would be better for airflow if the cables are coming out of the bottom like you have it in that photo so that they're not obstructing the fans. I'll be using the L12S so tubing won't be a problem for me.

I have the 550w version of that power supply, how hard was it to get all the cables managed with the stock cables? I think I recall Brude's build using the same orientation but they had custom cables making it a little easier to manage. They also had the PSU cables coming out the bottom.

You mentioned that the Sata power cable does not fit flush with the case. Did you make any mods to fix it?

Great job on the build!

Last edited:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

I really like my Corsair SF600 Platinum, but I’d be very interested in playing with an SFX-L PSU in this case. I like the challenge of managing the cables, but my guess would be custom cables would be almost necessary, along with AIO tubing being nearly impossible. I’d love to try it, but doubt I will with how good Corsair’s SFX lineup is currently

I think I recall Brude's build using the same orientation but they had custom cables making it a little easier to manage. They also had the PSU cables coming out the bottom.

I wish I could speak to the EVGA PSUs orientation, but I’m not familiar with those stock cables. To confirm my build info, my first builds used the flipped PSU bracket, but I had to switch to the standard orientation with the exhaust out the bottom of the case to manage my AIO tubing better in my current/latest iteration. I’ve also only ever used stock cables, but have plans to custom sleeve my own at some point.

Reactions: grinny

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
@Navic Which PSU orientation would you suggest if I were to have the case in the same orientation as your photo above? I would assume it would be better for airflow if the cables are coming out of the bottom like you have it in that photo so that they're not obstructing the fans. I'll be using the L12S so tubing won't be a problem for me.

I have the 550w version of that power supply, how hard was it to get all the cables managed with the stock cables? I think I recall Brude's build using the same orientation but they had custom cables making it a little easier to manage. They also had the PSU cables coming out the bottom.

You mentioned that the Sata power cable does not fit flush with the case. Did you make any mods to fix it?

Great job on the build!
Since you're going air cooling, the PSU orientation doesn't matter all that much, but I still suggest flipping the PSU so it can exhaust more effectively out of the case.

Flipped, managing the cables isn't that difficult (all basically perfect length excpet for SATA and VGA cables). Regular orientation, it can be difficult managing the EPS and 24 pin cables, but this was with an AIO so it might be different for an all-air setup.

I didn't make any mods to the SATA cable or case to help with the 2.5" drive. In the 1.1 version of the case (the version that's gonna be available this June) there should be a bit more room for the cable. If not, do what I did and bend the bracket to space the SSD away from the front panel of the case, giving enough room for the SATA cables. I don't have to deal with this anymore because I went full m.2 storage, because it's one less cable to worry about.

Reactions: Madhawk1995

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
a) This is interesting to me, as I have enough room even with a back plate on my GPU to not have any issues. There's more room now that I have removed the back plate for my Kraken G12 mod, but prior to that I didn't have any issues.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm, my 2070 Super would sag like crazy becasue of the riser. My STRIX not so much now.

b) The riser flattens out no problem. It doesn't seem like it's going to at first, but it does. :)

I'm always happy to see another T1 build posted! It truly is a remarkable case, and I can't wait for accessories to become available so I can tweak and tinker some more!

First time I was about to bend the riser I was like "mine gotta be defective since its impossible to get it at that angle" ? I was scared to break it, I shit you not.

Yes, I am NavicNick on reddit! Here's my initial "review" of the case.

How my configuration fits: I had to cut a part of the flip PSU bracket to allow the tubes to fit. Another part of it is that the stock cables for my PSU (EVGA 650 GM) are basically the perfect length when the PSU is flipped. I actually had to flip my PSU so I could have the case in 3 slot mode, otherwise the 24 pin had no where to go and I couldn't close the side panel in 3 slot mode. You might consider getting some pslate custom cables for the T1 when he opens for orders in June 1st, that will help you with the cable clutter. You can also request them to be long enough for the flipped orientation.

Also, you can pop that silver plastic part of the H60 off, and then unscrew the logo/diffuser thing, and flip it around so the Corsair logo is in the right orientation. Or you can cover it with electrical tape if you hate the super bright LEDs.

The GPU bracket with the holes not lining up is on every 1.0 version of the case I think, including mine. Your GPU overheating because it's upside-down is weird though...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SO THERE IS THE VOODOO! So you had to hack the psu bracket! I looked at your pictures for several days and was like "cmon there needs to be a trick there as it just doesn't fit as is!". Because I pushed until I thought the tubes would be blocked yet it wasn't enough ?

Oh, and nice call on popping the hood of the H60... but mine is not inverted haha! So I don't care one bit that you can see the Corsair logo! Still, thanks for letting me know since I didn't know you could do that. I tried to pop it but thought "what if all the liquid comes out on top of your system" and stopped :cool:

Agreed with custom cables. Not that there is any need if you simply run a 2-slot GPU... but it makes your life a ton easier. Specialy since the stupid SATA SSD needs a power conector and the stock cable has 4 sata power connectors on it.... yeah.

Funny story: as the damn thing wouldn't fit I was like "lets google... FORMD T1 BUILD LOG maybe I get lucky and find others with similar components to myself..." and my very own log that was incomplete would pop up pretty much top of the search ? I'm doomed,I thought!

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017

Funny story: the first time I heard about "wrong gpu orientation" was when the first decent vertical motherboard cases appeared: SILVERSTONE FT02. Then many people discovered what "wick" means when talking about heatpipes and how orientation affects its cooling capacity. Simply put: a heatpipe has a phase change within... and orientation makes it less efficient regardings its natural flow (it being: liquid gets hot, it evaporates, it drops its heat towards the fins, condenses back into liquid, and evaporates again).

Reactions: Odd_Fox

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020

I’m looking into the SF750 as well. The Corsair site’s got auto-notify on restock, and they’re giving out 10% off coupons if you jump through some hoops.

Psyduck91

Average Stuffer
Jan 27, 2020
I wish I could speak to the EVGA PSUs orientation, but I’m not familiar with those stock cables. To confirm my build info, my first builds used the flipped PSU bracket, but I had to switch to the standard orientation with the exhaust out the bottom of the case to manage my AIO tubing better in my current/latest iteration. I’ve also only ever used stock cables, but have plans to custom sleeve my own at some point.
Since you're going air cooling, the PSU orientation doesn't matter all that much, but I still suggest flipping the PSU so it can exhaust more effectively out of the case.

Flipped, managing the cables isn't that difficult (all basically perfect length excpet for SATA and VGA cables). Regular orientation, it can be difficult managing the EPS and 24 pin cables, but this was with an AIO so it might be different for an all-air setup.

I didn't make any mods to the SATA cable or case to help with the 2.5" drive. In the 1.1 version of the case (the version that's gonna be available this June) there should be a bit more room for the cable. If not, do what I did and bend the bracket to space the SSD away from the front panel of the case, giving enough room for the SATA cables. I don't have to deal with this anymore because I went full m.2 storage, because it's one less cable to worry about.

@Brude27 My appologies, I believe you mentioned that last time too. Seeing all these different builds, everything seems to just blur together.

@Navic Thanks for the explanation!

Reactions: Brude27