Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Does anyone have any tips on how to get the FormD re-finished?
I ask as very early in the piece my mesh chewed out the front panel. I have since figured out how to get it in there with minimal contact with the front, but yeah I would like to have it repaired if possible. I could simply paint it but I want to keep it looking right.

Also for those interested here are 2 aio's in the FormD. I do not really recommend it as if you are going to this effort it would be much easier to run a 240 rad and custom loop. However due to circumstances surrounding my gpu choice I previously purchased the NZXT G12, so I thought I would try get it to fit in the FormD.

Cable management leaves a little to be desired as I have not cable tied anything yet as I am not sure whats coming next haha.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I ask as very early in the piece my mesh chewed out the front panel. I have since figured out how to get it in there with minimal contact with the front, but yeah I would like to have it repaired if possible. I could simply paint it but I want to keep it looking right.

Also for those interested here are 2 aio's in the FormD. I do not really recommend it as if you are going to this effort it would be much easier to run a 240 rad and custom loop. However due to circumstances surrounding my gpu choice I previously purchased the NZXT G12, so I thought I would try get it to fit in the FormD.

Cable management leaves a little to be desired as I have not cable tied anything yet as I am not sure whats coming next haha.

Kinda surprised that all fit, but with what Fabio has shown us, I think it’s possible to fit anything in this case now lol

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
I've now changed the 240 AIO Compatibility Googlesheet to allow edits by everyone. I set the current part of the list to protected, but you can now add new AIOs, if you can think of some I didn't. The colors and the colums showing if it should fit or if it fit's only in 2 slot GPU mode are automated, based on the values entered in the same line.

to avoid people having to scroll up and look for the Link, you can access and edit the sheet by clicking here.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I've now changed the 240 AIO Compatibility Googlesheet to allow edits by everyone. I set the current part of the list to protected, but you can now add new AIOs, if you can think of some I didn't. The colors and the colums showing if it should fit or if it fit's only in 2 slot GPU mode are automated, based on the values entered in the same line.

to avoid people having to scroll up and look for the Link, you can access and edit the sheet by clicking here.

I haven’t added anything to my useful links sheet in awhile, but is it okay if I link this in there for people?

Reactions: DrHudacris

diamondK

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 16, 2020
my way to infuse water when using dclt

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
I am looking for a gpu block thats compatible with my GPU then I will likely loop mine wiht a 240 rad. I have everything I need except a gpu block.
@Wyd4 I'm not sure if you saw a previous post of mine?...
Have you had a look at AliExpress? Bykski and Barrow make coolers for vendor cards that don't match the reference layout. I have a 2080S Gaming OC that is reference layout except for an extra fan header which means the blocks from EK and others don't fit.

You have the Windforce 2080 Ti if I remember reading your previous posts?

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
@Wyd4 I'm not sure if you saw a previous post of mine?...

Oh thanks man, I did miss that. I will take a look at those.
I know the EK will fit but I would need to snip the header and shave some off the power connector.
The other option is to wait to see what the 3000 series cards come out at price wise.

Which brand do you have experience with? Would rather buy one that someone else has had a good outcome from.

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
Which brand do you have experience with? Would rather buy one that someone else has had a good outcome from.
Neither, but I was going to go with a Barrow block for my 2080 Super Gaming OC (same problem - reference PCB, additional header). Mainly because Barrow offer a rotary terminal block to replace the included terminal. (@optimumtech used similar from EK on his EK block to get the side panel to fit on).

There are a few posts on OCAU for Bykski blocks, and PLE Computers in Western Australia stock a range of Bykski products so the QA is probably passable :)

Reactions: Wyd4

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Neither, but I was going to go with a Barrow block for my 2080 Super Gaming OC (same problem - reference PCB, additional header). Mainly because Barrow offer a rotary terminal block to replace the included terminal. (@optimumtech used similar from EK on his EK block to get the side panel to fit on).

There are a few posts on OCAU for Bykski blocks, and PLE Computers in Western Australia stock a range of Bykski products so the QA is probably passable :)

Thanks again!!!
Much appreciated!

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018

The quick fix is a black sharpie. It isn’t the most elegant solution, but it does the trick for the little corner scratches that occur.

Reactions: PBJ

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Found this guy... he's the same dude on Chiphell with the amazing blue hard tubings.

He posted another vid... for those interested...

Even i didn't understand this guy talking, but the effort and how to he build T1 with that AIO try to surpass fabio build.. but now i want to see more from fabio..
--
Edit:

Parts from his build

FormD T1
Gigabyte X570i
AMD R9 3950x
AMD Radeon VII
Corsair 64gb (Probably)
PCIE 4.0 M2 1TB
EK-Velocity AMD CPU AM4
EK-Vector Radeon VII
EK WB Classic SE 240 & Noctua A12x15mm
EK 18W DDC & OCOOL 1U
--
CMIIW

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

diamondK

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 16, 2020
That's awesome!

What fittings did you use?

Do you think you could make that fit in 3 slot mode or does it stick out too far?
sorry, foget about the screws of the pump. it will block the pipe, so the angle in the picture is the limit. if use the t-junction, u cannot rotate it.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
in case you figure something out, I'd love to know as well :)
The quick fix is a black sharpie. It isn’t the most elegant solution, but it does the trick for the little corner scratches that occur.
I used Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black Touch-up which is used to darken the exposed aluminum in black anodized guns. It darkened and minimized the scratches in my T1. I have not taken the time to apply multiple coats yet, but it apparently darkens more as you apply it multiple times. There are a couple of examples in YouTube.

Having said that, nothing will ever make it look like new again short of re-anodizing and somehow matching it with the rest of the finish or buying the parts if/when available in the future .

Last edited:

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
I used Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black Touch-up which is used to darken the exposed aluminum in black anodized guns. It darkened and minimized the scratches in my T1. I have not taken the time to apply multiple coats yet, but it apparently darkens more as you apply it multiple times. There are a couple of examples in YouTube.

Having said that, nothing will ever make it look like new again short of re-anodizing and somehow matching it with the rest of the finish or buying the parts if/when available in the future .

These pics are getting blocked as ads.