Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I just saw someone in China was inspired by your build:
www.chiphell.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2219940

Check it out
This is just beautiful!! Though, with a 25mm fan, the performance will be much better, at least 4/5 degrees. I wish I will be able to do hard tubes!
Love it, I cannot stop to watch the details! Also I love that he flipped the Alphacool 1U ES maybe it's a good idea...

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
You're saying that the 1U with the vtx couldn't be mounted? I'm interested in the 3.1 if I can find one purely for the 1 4 pin pmw cable. I've found a few on reddit. I'm just waiting for some people to get back to me. Buying a used 3.1 will be much cheaper than the vtx but if the sound is fixed on your second unit I'll probably buy it instead.
I was saying that, BUT, It just fits. I had to fine the block till the PCB length and remove the backplate. (I did a bit less so the GPU is completely blocked). This means that using the 263mm blocks from Watercool and AquaComputer should be ok (I have to check of course).

I still have to send them to RMA the pump. Actually there was a metal piece inside the impeller. Removing it seems now has resolved the weird sound.
BUT still, because it has an incredible head pressure, you can hear the splash at speed higher than 50% (I keep it between 15% - 90l/h and 40% - 160l/h).
Man, it's WAY quiet than the DDC, and doesn't have the high pitch annoying noise. I need to test it more though.
To mount it on the 1U Reservoir, YOU NEED 45mm M4 screws.

In the last picture you can see on top the 3.1 and in the bottom the rewired 3.25 PMW just show you that you can have just one cable if your motherboard/controller support 2A.

With the VTX pump, the temp are the same that with the other 2DDC though. I think when I will change the GPU block I'll put back the DDC 3.1. The 3.25 and VTX are too pwerful!

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
This is the best quote ever!

I sold off my glacier res because from my rough calculations, it couldn't fit. Even in the front where the 1U is correct?
Correct, you can't have it with the pump where the 1U ES is placed. Parallel to the GPU is the only place to have it

Reactions: pwnedundies

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I was saying that, BUT, It just fits. I had to fine the block till the PCB length and remove the backplate. (I did a bit less so the GPU is completely blocked). This means that using the 263mm blocks from Watercool and AquaComputer should be ok (I have to check of course).

I still have to send them to RMA the pump. Actually there was a metal piece inside the impeller. Removing it seems now has resolved the weird sound.
BUT still, because it has an incredible head pressure, you can hear the splash at speed higher than 50% (I keep it between 15% - 90l/h and 40% - 160l/h).
Man, it's WAY quiet than the DDC, and doesn't have the high pitch annoying noise. I need to test it more though.
To mount it on the 1U Reservoir, YOU NEED 45mm M4 screws.

In the last picture you can see on top the 3.1 and in the bottom the rewired 3.25 PMW just show you that you can have just one cable if your motherboard/controller support 2A.

With the VTX pump, the temp are the same that with the other 2DDC though. I think when I will change the GPU block I'll put back the DDC 3.1. The 3.25 and VTX are too pwerful!

You are just incredible!! So last question if it is ok. What is the full height of the 1U with the VTX on it? I have right under 62mm of space and if this is under it I'm most like going to pick this up and go for it. The dc-lt is great but the idle noise isn't good at anything other than 7v 60% which causes the temps to go higher than I'd like even at 100% on 7v. Idk I also think I still have quite a few air bubbles to get out.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
You are just incredible!! So last question if it is ok. What is the full height of the 1U with the VTX on it? I have right under 62mm of space and if this is under it I'm most like going to pick this up and go for it. The dc-lt is great but the idle noise isn't good at anything other than 7v 60% which causes the temps to go higher than I'd like even at 100% on 7v. Idk I also think I still have quite a few air bubbles to get out.
It is exactly 50mm! I will record the sound this evening so you can evaluate it! But there are always some air bubble in my loop. I cannot get rid of them without a proper reservoir on top of the pump. The only way I can se it could be possible is to flip the 1U reservoir to have the small reservoir tank on the top and going IN from the side, so I can have in the top some sotto let the bubble being collected. ??

• Love
Reactions: pwnedundies

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
It is exactly 50mm! I will record the sound this evening so you can evaluate it! But there are always some air bubble in my loop. I cannot get rid of them without a proper reservoir on top of the pump. The only way I can se it could be possible is to flip the 1U reservoir to have the small reservoir tank on the top and going IN from the side, so I can have in the top some sotto let the bubble being collected. ??
When I add this in I was planning to do the quick disconnect trick that you were using previously.

Idk how but I need to find a way to send you a beer or something!!!

UnitScott

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2020
Last edited:

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
so, I turned my fans around, so they now pull in air through the radiator at the bottom and push it to the top, instead of pulling from the top and pushing it through the radiator out at the bottom. And, I gotta say, I was surprised by the difference in temps while running Prime95

I'll definitely try to fit a dust filter in there though, to avoid having to deal with dust buildup within the radiator.

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
This is just beautiful!! Though, with a 25mm fan, the performance will be much better, at least 4/5 degrees. I wish I will be able to do hard tubes!
Love it, I cannot stop to watch the details! Also I love that he flipped the Alphacool 1U ES maybe it's a good idea...

He directly quoted you in his description. Said he was inspired by you. The new EK 90 degree fitting looks great btw.
I also just realize he bought at least 20 fittings just to find the perfect tighten angle to fit (because of the threads).. hard core build right there.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
He directly quoted you in his description. Said he was inspired by you. The new EK 90 degree fitting looks great btw.
I also just realize he bought at least 20 fittings just to find the perfect tighten angle to fit (because of the threads).. hard core build right there.

Too much money and not enough sense

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I just saw someone in China was inspired by your build:
www.chiphell.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2219940

Check it out
I saw this build in Chiphell too and was about to link it here. You beat me to it.
So beautiful! The blue-yellow colour scheme is very well done.

How beautiful it is when someone's creativity and technical building skill are not limited by the size of his wallet!
(BTW, that guy's handle is quebec). It really needs all these three to make a great build. What is pity it is if one is creative enough and have the technical skill but is held back by his lack of funding! Or, one has a fat wallet but his building skill is zero. He said this is his first ever water-cooling build! First attempt and it is a big wow!

This guy has all three. Additionally, just like many Chiphell poster/builder, his photographic skill and writing skill are of high quality too. It makes reading through the thread very enjoyable.

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
That chhiphell-build makes me wonder when the cpu-hard-tube-kit will be available (Hope soon). It looks much better hardtubed and I wouldn't mind my 3H GPU build using that :)
Showing the bending efforts in the video just makes me want to dodge hardtubing.

@akolakan fucking read the first post. damn it

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
so, I turned my fans around, so they now pull in air through the radiator at the bottom and push it to the top, instead of pulling from the top and pushing it through the radiator out at the bottom. And, I gotta say, I was surprised by the difference in temps while running Prime95

I'll definitely try to fit a dust filter in there though, to avoid having to deal with dust buildup within the radiator.

I'm a bit confused by the wording (but seeing your username, I know you will clarify lol).

The 2 configurations you are comparing are: Panel-fans-rad in INTAKE vs panel-fans-rad in EXHAUST?

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
I'm a bit confused by the wording (but seeing your username, I know you will clarify lol).

The 2 configurations you are comparing are: Panel-fans-rad in INTAKE vs panel-fans-rad in EXHAUST?
*my previous answer was incorrect, sorry* - I posted an image of how it's set up exactly in my next post, but I fixed the description in here aswell.
The red line is "fans-rad-panel", pushing air out to the bottom, while the green line is still "fans-rad-panel", but with the fans turned around, so they are now sucking in air through the radiator. I've mounted one A12x25 below the PSU and one A12x15 below the motherboard, for the test I just flipped them around to switch the airflow direction, not changing anything else

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
exactly.
The red line is "panel-fans-rad", pushing air out to the bottom, while the green line is still "panel-fans-rad", but with the fans turned around, so they are now sucking in air through the radiator. I've mounted one A12x25 below the PSU and one A12x15 below the motherboard, for the test I just flipped them around to switch the airflow direction, not changing anything else
I'm still confused, by the description of your fan installation it sounds like your rad is against the panel? So red line you are exhausting case air, green line you are pulling external air into the case?

Reactions: theexplainer

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I'm still confused, by the description of your fan installation it sounds like your rad is against the panel? So red line you are exhausting case air, green line you are pulling external air into the case?
Yes, rad and fans bottom mounted