Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
Generally speaking, 1x240 for both should be 'better'.
When using 2x120, you will have 2 pumps, thus occupying more space and creating more noise.
In addition, if you are doing a task which stresses only (relatively speaking) one component (CPU or GPU), then the entire 240 rad is utilized to cool, rather than just having 120 to cool and the other 120 is sitting there 'idling'. So, the entire rad is always put to full use, wasting little cooling performance.
Yeah exactly this.
I only went this way as no GPU blocks fit my gpu. I actually have all the gear here to custom loop from a previous build (see my avatar). But I didn’t see the point in having a 240 on my cpu only to have my gpu screaming during games.

That being said running a 120 aio for each component is working fine.
my 2080ti stays over 2000mhz and I can run my 3900x at 4.375ghz on all 24 threads for about an hour before the 120mm rad becomes overwhelmed and it hits 91 degrees.
Running a .1 undervolt for normal and gaming use and 4.2ghz all cores for multi threaded workloads keeps temps well under control with very rarely seeing the cpu hit 60 and gpu at 55 with relative silence (apart from the pumps and 92mm fan on the g12 blowing on the vrms) which all ramp up to 100% once the gpu or cpu hit anything over 50

Speedster

Average Stuffer
Apr 7, 2020
I only went this way as no GPU blocks fit my gpu.
Have you had a look at AliExpress? Bykski and Barrow make coolers for vendor cards that don't match the reference layout. I have a 2080S Gaming OC that is reference layout except for an extra fan header which means the blocks from EK and others don't fit.

You have the Windforce 2080 Ti if I remember reading your previous posts?

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
I can confirm that 2 120mm aios will fit in the formd in 3 slot mode
I can also confirm that I do not recommend it :p

though the results so far are great using the g12 for gpu

Have you already applying two 120mm in T1? Can you share some pictures of it and reason wht you didnt recomended? IDK if i want to applied 2 120mm aio but, this case have potential on it?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Have you already applying two 120mm in T1? Can you share some pictures of it and reason wht you didnt recomended? IDK if i want to applied 2 120mm aio but, this case have potential on it?
I think is mainly DOUBLE of the pumps/noise, DOUBLE of tubing.

Reactions: kazuma86

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
For the one interested, here the Phanteks Glacier reservoir in place.

The flow is a bit lower now, and the coolant only 1 degree less warm, so, not really an improvement IMO!
This is beautiful, but I am a supporter of fighting for every degree in lowering the temperature) @fabio you always surprise us with your assemblies) Respect))))

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019

The flow is a bit lower now, and the coolant only 1 degree less warm, so, not really an improvement IMO!
Is that the alphacool 1U DDC Res? I was just looking at that this morning if so. Which pumps are you running in each?

I'm still trying to decide if I should get keep trying to get the ek ddc 3.1 or get the ek vtx? I wish you unit wouldn't have had to be RMAd. I would have already bought one.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Is that the alphacool 1U DDC Res? I was just looking at that this morning if so. Which pumps are you running in each?

I'm still trying to decide if I should get keep trying to get the ek ddc 3.1 or get the ek vtx? I wish you unit wouldn't have had to be RMAd. I would have already bought one.
I am running the EK DDC MX 3.1 and sometime the 3.25 18W, just to check the flow. Next week I will have the new VTX pump.

BTW, I've tried to see if it fits, but for 2mm cannot be mounted near this EK waterblock. I will try next week with the Watercool and the Aquacomputer GPU block to see if it fits.
The MX is so quiet even at 80%.

Yes, is an Alphacool 1U ES reservoir! But have it fitting in that space though I had to fine the SSD mounting on the two sides.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
I am running the EK DDC MX 3.1 and sometime the 3.25 18W, just to check the flow. Next week I will have the new VTX pump.

BTW, I've tried to see if it fits, but for 2mm cannot be mounted near this EK waterblock. I will try next week with the Watercool and the Aquacomputer GPU block to see if it fits.
The MX is so quiet even at 80%.

Yes, is an Alphacool 1U ES reservoir! But have it fitting in that space though I had to fine the SSD mounting on the two sides.
You're saying that the 1U with the vtx couldn't be mounted? I'm interested in the 3.1 if I can find one purely for the 1 4 pin pmw cable. I've found a few on reddit. I'm just waiting for some people to get back to me. Buying a used 3.1 will be much cheaper than the vtx but if the sound is fixed on your second unit I'll probably buy it instead.

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020

I was just looking at those reservoirs last night! I was actually wondering if they would fit, at least the smaller one (R160C). I didn't believe they would unless you put it in without the added pump, since with that increased the width of the reservoir is about 380mm at its thickest. Again, only @fabio would inadvertently solve my problems without being asked. Fabio, with all due respect, you are beyond normal. ? Now I know that it will not.

Reactions: fabio

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018

Hoping is still 25mm though!

I just saw someone in China was inspired by your build:
www.chiphell.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2219940

Check it out

3feetcat

Caliper Novice
Apr 4, 2018
That is an incredible looking build, I like how they matched to blue from the Vega shroud. One thing I don't understand about Chip Hell is it actually required to take 500 pictures of every part of your build?
No, that would be ridiculous.. There are no requirements for photos

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I can confirm that 2 120mm aios will fit in the formd in 3 slot mode
I can also confirm that I do not recommend it :p

though the results so far are great using the g12 for gpu
How did you manage this? By the looks of my system, the radiators would be too long and the power extension would interfere. Maybe the H60 radiator is just longer than most 120 rads? (Some pictures would help my confusion lol)

I just saw someone in China was inspired by your build:
www.chiphell.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2219940

Check it out
That looks so good, hard tubing in SFF builds always amaze me, and the color coordination makes it even better.