Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

I think its a good idea for sff cases with 3 slots.
That rad card is also2 slot

Agreed, its a 2+2 slot, unless you can take off the shroud on the GPU part and get it down to 3 slot. At 4 slot, it does seem pretty silly with things like NZXT G12, hybrid kits available. And then of course there is the Morpheus and Accelero solutions, at 4 slots and less.

cinnix

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 5, 2020

I think its a good idea for sff cases with 3 slots.

Looks to be limited to System Integrators at present, namely Alienware.

Quote from site;
"If you are interested in an Asetek cooler for your rig, contact your favorite System Integrator, or look for premier AIOs from our OEM Partners."

It's interesting in that it looks like an AIO with blower style fan through it's radiator, but I cannot see how this would work in this case with most GPUs being 2+ slots for I/O.

DrLeroy

Noob Saibot
May 15, 2020
I contacted Alphacool about this. Unfortunately, there are still only ports on one side of the reservoir.

...but hey! there's an RGB bear! ... ;)

RGB I can live with, as long as you can actually buy the thing, In Australia Alphacool gear, is near impossible to get, or if you can get it you have to remortgage your house for the shipping costs :( Ill have to wait and see if any Australian suppliers decide to stock this one, if so it will be a swift order from me, I assume one can disable the RGB anyway on the block. . .

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio ( I'm guessing you already knew) there appears to be a dc-lt 2 coming. I'm wondering how much will be different. I'm guessing the new LT240 will have it too

I’ve checked it! Should the same in the Eisbaer AIO. They say is a “6 pole” pump, but I don’t know the meaning. Seems to be more quiet, but same flow (even less IMO from specs) and still DC and not PMW.

Reactions: pwnedundies

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019

Quote from site;
"If you are interested in an Asetek cooler for your rig, contact your favorite System Integrator, or look for premier AIOs from our OEM Partners."

It's interesting in that it looks like an AIO with blower style fan through it's radiator, but I cannot see how this would work in this case with most GPUs being 2+ slots for I/O.
Asetek usually produces

Quote from site;

I read the article, i was optimistic as asetek already offers aio for sff. Hopefully they could come out with something compatible with formd t1 for instance.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Asetek usually produces
I read the article, i was optimistic as asetek already offers aio for sff. Hopefully they could come out with something compatible with formd t1 for instance.

I wouldn't hold my breath, especially if you're already holding your breath for the T1. Can't hold more than 1 breath at a time after all.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Reactions: PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I wonder why the tubes and a separate card at all? Wouldn't it make more sense to have the card have the cooling block attached and mount directly to the die? Think a Morpheus but liquid version.
Probably because temps would suck. The cooling block is mounted directly to the die and the second card is just a radiator with a blower style fan if I understood correctly.

Looks interesting at first but it doesn’t really save a lot of space. Only situation I can think that makes some kind of sense is in an ATX/EATX chassis without space for a traditional radiator.

Reactions: DrHudacris

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019
I can confirm that 2 120mm aios will fit in the formd in 3 slot mode
I can also confirm that I do not recommend it :p

though the results so far are great using the g12 for gpu
This is something that I've always wondered but never could find a definite answer:
What is better for cooling cpu and gpu - 2x120 (separate loops for each) or 1x240 for both? ?

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
This is something that I've always wondered but never could find a definite answer:
What is better for cooling cpu and gpu - 2x120 (separate loops for each) or 1x240 for both? ?
Generally speaking, 1x240 for both should be 'better'.
When using 2x120, you will have 2 pumps, thus occupying more space and creating more noise.
In addition, if you are doing a task which stresses only (relatively speaking) one component (CPU or GPU), then the entire 240 rad is utilized to cool, rather than just having 120 to cool and the other 120 is sitting there 'idling'. So, the entire rad is always put to full use, wasting little cooling performance.