Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
What is the best water to use for cooling? Which do you recommend?
I always suggest the non conductive clear premix. Until now the best I've tried is the EK CryoFuel.

Between the one I've tried has kept is "clear" color longer than the Alphacool one for example.

For the temps, every brand with a good premix coolant is ok. Some manufacturers like Alphacool though suggest to not use the Mayhems product.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
I always suggest the non conductive clear premix. Until now the best I've tried is the EK CryoFuel.

Between the one I've tried has kept is "clear" color longer than the Alphacool one for example.

For the temps, every brand with a good premix coolant is ok. Some manufacturers like Alphacool though suggest to not use the Mayhems product.

From your experience, how often to replace the fluid with a new one?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
From your experience, how often to replace the fluid with a new one?
People suggest 1 year, but I suggest even 6 months, especially in ITX with higher temperature in general! And also I want to check the colour if everything is ok.

I am testing as well the TX240, I am curious to see how it performs compared to the EK Classic.

With the slim fans till now seems the same. I want to see with 1 static pressure fan if there is any difference!

Last edited:

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
People suggest 1 year, but I suggest even 6 months, especially in ITX with higher temperature in general! And also I want to check the colour if everything is ok.

I am testing as well the TX240, I am curious to see how it performs compared to the EK Classic.

With the slim fans till now seems the same. I want to see with 1 static pressure fan if there is any difference!
Thank you for your work. I want to be able to take T1 and also help the community like you. I also have the opportunity to use different components and ideas for SFF cases

Reactions: Madhawk1995

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
It will fit the T1 in 3 slot mode, the side panel will bulge out a little (~1mm).

The EK-AIO has a better pump, but as @fabio showed, pump makes no temperature difference.

I was in a loud area when I tried the EK-AIO, so I couldn’t hear the sound quality difference compare to the LT240 or Corsair H60.
I can say that, with:
EKWB Magnitude (19.25mm)
90 Degree Torque Fitting (31.5mm)
STC 10/16 (Sticking out of the 90 degrees fitting of 1mm)

for a total of 51.75mm, it doesn't touch the panel yet, but is there :D.

With the Velocity block (21.90) for a total of 53.70, it does, but as you said, the bulge is not noticeable!

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
It will fit the T1 in 3 slot mode, the side panel will bulge out a little (~1mm).

The EK-AIO has a better pump, but as @fabio showed, pump makes no temperature difference.

I was in a loud area when I tried the EK-AIO, so I couldn’t hear the sound quality difference compare to the LT240 or Corsair H60.
Thank you for more info on this, didn’t know about the minor bulge with my future setup, but if its ~1mm then there should be no issues with permanent deformation of the panel, I would assume?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Some manufacturers like Alphacool though suggest to not use the Mayhems product.

I think this came about because Mayhems produced a line of SFX fluids that were designed for short term use at shows or for photoshoot's.

These fluids contained all sorts of unusual additives and metallic particles but looked amazing flowing round a loop. Some users decided to use them long term, then complained about the impact to the loop. Bit like putting aviation fuel in your car and complaining when the engine blows up!

I have used Mayhems clear X1 in my past 10 or so water cooled builds and have never had an issue.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thank you for more info on this, didn’t know about the minor bulge with my future setup, but if its ~1mm then there should be no issues with permanent deformation of the panel, I would assume?

A user from Chiphell posted this in 3 slot mode, it's not noticeable unless you really look for it.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I think this came about because Mayhems produced a line of SFX fluids that were designed for short term use at shows or for photoshoot's.

These fluids contained all sorts of unusual additives and metallic particles but looked amazing flowing round a loop. Some users decided to use them long term, then complained about the impact to the loop. Bit like putting aviation fuel in your car and complaining when the engine blows up!

I have used Mayhems clear X1 in my past 10 or so water cooled builds and have never had an issue.
Thanks to clarify this!!

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
saw the useful links sheet and figured i'd draw attention to some other 8/11mm tubing options (compatible with stock LT240 fittings) that i ordered from mcmaster-carr recently in case someone stateside was looking to pick up some replacement tubing-

• the top is their standard EPDM, which i have been using for a few months now. it's glossy in appearance (kind of resembles tire tubing), and while likely fine for the standard tubing run in the T1 (front to back), i had some concerns over it kinking in short runs where non-rotary fittings were used (tho this can be avoided by using anti-kink coils) because the tubing is pretty soft and can buckle somewhat easily.
  • the middle is santoprene, which i believe is the same material as alphacool's TPV. its matte appearance is similar to what i imagine TPV/ZMT looks like in person, and overall is more rigid than the EPDM (so kinks are less severe). this does look like a really good replacement option, as it's super cheap (10ft for $6.60 + tax/shipping), looks pretty nice, and shouldn't contain plasticizer.
  • the bottom is one of their viton fluoroelastomerofferings. i couldn't find any examples of this being used in a water cooling build, but the specs stated it could handle coolant and there appeared to have been tests performed on o-rings using the material that showed they effectively never degraded, so i figured why not. in this offering, they do actually have a few color options (black, green, and the above "beige"), but you do pay $6-7/ft more compared to the EPDM/santoprene, so it might be cost-prohibitive to some. other than that, it's also matte in appearance (though looks a bit better than the santoprene), and because it is even more rigid than the santoprene, it basically doesn't kink at all in bends you'd typically find in a soft-tubing build (even with the ends twisted).
    • if i wind up getting a t1.1, then i'll be rolling with this initially and seeing what happens (unless someone code reds me).
note that none of the above have any branding on them, but they do all have a sort of seam along the length of the tubing.

not pictured, but might as well mention that they also have offerings in tygon/norprene, a softer (and even more pricey) version of the fluoroelastomer that only comes in black, and some sort of epdm hybrid tubing that comes in white and is their most rigid offering of the six options i've listed.

nice work on this.
I have been looking for 8/11 for aaages. There is none in Australia. Only places I could find it were like $6 for tubing and $70 postage. It’s been doing my head in. Ended up buying some from AliExpress. Hoping for the best.
Sadly I have tonnes of fittings for 10/13 and tube etc but with the x570i boards with all the stupid heatsinks I can’t actually fit the ek 90 degree fittings out of the Alphacool cpu block without clearance issues

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018

A user from Chiphell posted this in 3 slot mode, it's not noticeable unless you really look for it.

I was considering this aio because of the trouble I have been having getting my LT alphacool to mount on my x580i board. But I didn’t want to commit without knowing if the radiator fit

Reactions: Truth

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I was considering this aio because of the trouble I have been having getting my LT alphacool to mount on my x580i board. But I didn’t want to commit without knowing if the radiator fit

It's really tight, so it's not on my recommended list, well, 240AIO in general is not recommended, so ymmv.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Tested the TX240, with 2 slim fans on top+VTX pump and PBO ENABLED as you can see for the consumption in the right.

The general temps are almost the same that the other slim radiator, BUT, now the DELTA temp is a bit better.

ONE thing though, the Scythe Slim sounds much better on this radiator, and moves a bit more air compared to the Noctuas!

I don't know if because of the 9 blades, smaller impeller, etc, matched with the higher FPI (22), but I like them more on this radiator, are more silent and the pitch noise is also better!

Next post I will show the difference (A LOT) between PBO AUTO/STOCK/PBO TWEAKED A BIT.

LOVE THIS TINY RADIATOR! I think I will try to have the fan below and radiator against the panel on the next try, just to see if there is any improvement sounds/thermal performance!

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
I can say that, with:
EKWB Magnitude (19.25mm)
90 Degree Torque Fitting (31.5mm)
STC 10/16 (Sticking out of the 90 degrees fitting of 1mm)

for a total of 51.75mm, it doesn't touch the panel yet, but is there :D.

With the Velocity block (21.90) for a total of 53.70, it does, but as you said, the bulge is not noticeable!
What fittings would you suggest to make it work for flipped SF600/750 PSU?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So, here the test on the 3950X, with NO UNDERVOLT, Auto voltage in the BIOS.

As you can see, the STOCK CPU is way more cool, despite only 50/70mhz on all core difference with the other two.

This TX240+Scythe Slim does a super good job!

Also the PBO a bit tweaked to stay closer as possible to stock value, allows to have the tiny speed bump with just a few degrees of difference.

But the STOCK is unbeatable! It means lower fan speed and noise.

PBO AUTO

PBO TWEAKED

STOCK

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
Tested the TX240, with 2 slim fans on top+VTX pump and PBO ENABLED as you can see for the consumption in the right.

The general temps are almost the same that the other slim radiator, BUT, now the DELTA temp is a bit better.

ONE thing though, the Scythe Slim sounds much better on this radiator, and moves a bit more air compared to the Noctuas!

I don't know if because of the 9 blades, smaller impeller, etc, matched with the higher FPI (22), but I like them more on this radiator, are more silent and the pitch noise is also better!

Next post I will show the difference (A LOT) between PBO AUTO/STOCK/PBO TWEAKED A BIT.

LOVE THIS TINY RADIATOR! I think I will try to have the fan below and radiator against the panel on the next try, just to see if there is any improvement sounds/thermal performance!

Do you plan on trying thicker fans?

bubumac

Cable Smoosher
Apr 19, 2020
Just checking, you're no longer using the Alphacool 1U reservoir you filed down? Would the EK-VTK or DDC 3.2 PWM fit inside the Alphacool 1U without obstructing your gfx? How much clearance do you have?

Thanks for testing the TX240. This would be my 1st watercooled build and I intend to use the TX240 in the T1 when its available. By the way, what fans are those? Scythe Slim and?
Trying it right now!

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020
So, here the test on the 3950X, with NO UNDERVOLT, Auto voltage in the BIOS.

As you can see, the STOCK CPU is way more cool, despite only 50/70mhz on all core difference with the other two.

This TX240+Scythe Slim does a super good job!

Also the PBO a bit tweaked to stay closer as possible to stock value, allows to have the tiny speed bump with just a few degrees of difference.

But the STOCK is unbeatable! It means lower fan speed and noise.

PBO AUTO

PBO TWEAKED

STOCK
Please tell me I have a choice. What is better to take from these options in your opinion and experience. TX240 Ultrathin? EK-CoolStream Classic SE 240? Alphacool Eisbaer LT240? Thanks!