Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
I did a little research on backpacks, because I also plan on moving the case occasionally.
As I don't own the case yet, I can't speak for it actually fitting.
But I tried to consider the aesthetics of the case and the sizes of the packs plus the possibility to add a little padding even.
You can find the links in the "link sheet by @threestripevida" under "possible carry solutions".
If anyone wants to add packs, feel free to hit me up. :)
I have this backpack that fit my Ghost S1 with a large top hat perfectly, so it will be able to fit the T1 as well. It's kinda similar to the Black Ember Forge in the list. It also had room to fit my portable monitor, headphones, my mouse, my keyboard (65%), a mouse pad, and all the assorted cables I needed plus some portable chargers. I was also able to get through TSA and use it as a carry on just fine, even if it was just slightly bigger than what is considered a carry on.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
yeah besides it won't fit, that's pretty much just overkill imo :)
If you've got a 2-slot GPU I'd say just go with an L12S and you are good (with enough headroom and low noise).
You could even go for a 92mm fan instead of the 120 to get better ram clearance. Another option would be the Alpenföhn Balck Ridge with a 92mm below and 120mm on top.
@Brude27 did some tests with those two coolers on a 9600k (95W TDP) getting to around 70°C - so there should be quite some headroom :)
My 9600K has a mild OC on it as well, and could easily be bumped up if I needed to without thermal issues.
My main concern is noise as the Wraith cooler is driving me nuts. I'll look into the L12S! :)
I'm pretty confident that the L12S or even the BR with two fans make less noise than the stock coolers.
The L12S is a dream when it comes to silence, but BR is no slouch either as long as you use Noctuas.

On another note, I finally moved forward with converting my GPU to a hybrid setup, and everything should arrive next week. I’ll post new temps and fitment pics for anyone also interested in going with the G12 and AIO hybrid setup.

This should end up being the final iteration of my build until next gen stuff provokes me enough to overhaul everything again, haha. That means I’ll finally do my custom sleeving since I’ll have all the hardware spacing planned out for the foreseeable future. I couldn’t justify all the work to sleeve if I knew something was going to change and potentially require new runs, so I’m pretty excited!

Last edited:

billy

Cable Smoosher
Apr 12, 2020
Such an amazing case, I have to create an account for this.

Not sure if this has been asked before.
Is it possible to position GPU plate freely between 2-3 slots? (in order to better support 2.5 / 2.75 slot GPUs) Potentially using rails or extra holes.
So GPU can be closest to side mesh panel for better airflow while motherboard side has maximum space for routing cable / air cooling.

If above is not possible maybe consider to fix the motherboard at 3 slot position then allow GPU to be placed freely.
In this case GPU can be closest to side mesh panel with additional space at the back of motherboard for m.2 SSD.

Reactions: Fitchew and bynio

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Such an amazing case, I have to create an account for this.

Not sure if this has been asked before.
Is it possible to position GPU plate freely between 2-3 slots? (in order to better support 2.5 / 2.75 slot GPUs) Potentially using rails or extra holes.
So GPU can be closest to side mesh panel for better airflow while motherboard side has maximum space for routing cable / air cooling.

If above is not possible maybe consider to fix the motherboard at 3 slot position then allow GPU to be placed freely.
In this case GPU can be closest to side mesh panel with additional space at the back of motherboard for m.2 SSD.
Your first question: No, that is not possible. It is either 2 slots or 3 slots.

Your second question: In theory, it could be possible if you get some standoffs to mount on the strut that the riser mounts to. This would space the riser further away from the strut and closer to the side panel, but it is not officially supported. And then there's also the problem that the riser may not have enough length, but it should if I had to guess. Again, like the first question, it is either 2 slot or 3 slot.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
So, here the difference between the Scythe Kaze Flex and the Noctua A12x15: basically no one.
The KazeFlex have a better noise sound till 60/70%, of the speed, after the Noctuas are a bit more silent.

I should say that even with the fan against the panel the noise was ok, on par with my build with the EK SE Classic.

In that specific configuration the slim fan against the motherboard was noisy, so the general sound level stays the same!

I've tired also the EK 38mm Meltemi and I am surprised actually!! Even if I don't see any real benefits to use them against the Noctua A12x25 (I've used them to space the radiator to close the panel without any additional spacer) they are SUPER quiet, almost on par with the Sterrox.

Noctua A12x15

Scythe KazeFlex Slim

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Thanks for that comparison @fabio. I used the Kaze Flex Slim in my Ghost on a 34mm radiator and I was really impressed with both the cooling and noise levels. I had considered trying the Noctua 12x15 when they released the chromax but now I am glad I didn't bother. Currently using one of the fans on my Big Shuriken 2 in my Ghost and performs really well and looks good too.

nmsiriban

Case Bender
New User
Apr 30, 2020
I was actually wondering, how many of you are planning on frequently transporting the case or moving it around?

Personally, I plan on using it as a gaming and work station, while occasionally popping in a backpack to show off VR to friends.

I did a little research on backpacks, because I also plan on moving the case occasionally.
As I don't own the case yet, I can't speak for it actually fitting.
But I tried to consider the aesthetics of the case and the sizes of the packs plus the possibility to add a little padding even.
You can find the links in the "link sheet by @threestripevida" under "possible carry solutions".
If anyone wants to add packs, feel free to hit me up. :)

I plan on moving around every few months... My GF is a travel OT so we move based on her contracts

I'd be interested in backpacks as well though I have some large backpacks from my days as an athlete that could be good enough with some towels or pillows as added padding

UnitScott

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2020
Great comparison @fabio. Clear, precise, concise. Definitely not worth upgrading to noctua 12x15 chromax.

The KazeFlex have a better noise sound till 60/70%, of the speed, after the Noctuas are a bit more silent.

Any thoughts on the 1800 rpm vs 2000 rpm cap? Problem for OC?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Great comparison @fabio. Clear, precise, concise. Definitely not worth upgrading to noctua 12x15 chromax.

Which cap?
Overclocking IMO is a no for a long period of stress, like rendering or gaming.
My system is not undervolted and have the PBO enabled.

Maybe undervolting of -0.1 can allows a mild overclock?

But of course, remember I am cooling a 16 core and a Titan RTX in the same loop. So I am pushing it quite a bit.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019

I mean I wouldn't go that far. The nf-a12x15 and chromax are both in stock. The scythe KazeFlex Slim aren't even in stock right now. If you already have them then no point switching is all.

Reactions: fabio

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
I mean I wouldn't go that far. The nf-a12x15 and chromax are both in stock. The scythe KazeFlex Slim aren't even in stock right now. If you already have them then no point switching is all.
i see the kaze flex slim in stock at multiple retailers. where are you looking?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I plan on moving around every few months... My GF is a travel OT so we move based on her contracts

I'd be interested in backpacks as well though I have some large backpacks from my days as an athlete that could be good enough with some towels or pillows as added padding

Your in luck @Wahaha360 is working on a backpack too

Reactions: DrHudacris

UnitScott

Caliper Novice
Apr 24, 2020
Which cap?

Sorry, should have been more precise there: I was talking about the 1800 rpm (+- 10%) cap for the Scythe Kaze Flex slim. Any drawbacks in your opinion compared to the 2000 rpm maximum of the Noctuas?

I was actually just trying to find a reason (other than the sleek chromax look) to convince myself to wait and get the noctuas lol.

The nf-a12x15 and chromax are both in stock.

Looking at Amazon price histories (sidenote, could not recommend 3camels browser extension enough) the noctua nf-a12x15 pwm chromax seems to have gone out of stock in early March. At least in Canada.

Any alternate sellers for a reasonable price?

Algebrax

What's an ITX?
New User
May 1, 2020
I was considering the GeeekA50 but this case seems to be in a whole'nother level.
I hope I can gran one when preorders open up.

gassydoc

Cable Smoosher
May 1, 2020
Currently trying to piece together a build for a FormD, awaiting the next production run.

I currently run a 3950x and EVGA 2080Ti XC ultra; the card is listed as 2.75 slots.

I was hoping to run a 240 AIO on the 3950x and continue to aircool the GPU with an undervolt.

Does anyone have experience with this particular GPU, as to whether it will fit?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Currently trying to piece together a build for a FormD, awaiting the next production run.

I currently run a 3950x and EVGA 2080Ti XC ultra; the card is listed as 2.75 slots.

I was hoping to run a 240 AIO on the 3950x and continue to aircool the GPU with an undervolt.

Does anyone have experience with this particular GPU, as to whether it will fit?

the card will fit in the 3 slot config (I have the same card so I hope it does fit lol). Someone fit a 2070 Strix card and that is bigger than the Xc ultra.

gassydoc

Cable Smoosher
May 1, 2020
the card will fit in the 3 slot config (I have the same card so I hope it does fit lol). Someone fit a 2070 Strix card and that is bigger than the Xc ultra.

I was doing some research, 54mm is the listed 'width' as per the NCase M1 GPU guide, with 59.2mm listed clearance to the side panel in the design diagrams. I just wanted some confirmation, thank you.

Do you have any ideas which AIOs are then compatibile with this setup? I'm going to start going ahead and acquiring parts.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
I was doing some research, 54mm is the listed 'width' as per the NCase M1 GPU guide, with 59.2mm listed clearance to the side panel in the design diagrams. I just wanted some confirmation, thank you.

Do you have any ideas which AIOs are then compatibile with this setup? I'm going to start going ahead and acquiring parts.

i know for sure that the Corsair H60 is works. Not sure what other 120mm aios work though as most will have the pump/block be too tall to work with the 3 slot config. The only 240mm aio officially supported is the Alphacool LT240.

here is the useful links document I created with help from @Gerold and @pwnedundies. I have links to discussion about the fitment of the LT 240.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

I have a similar card (2080 Super XC, non ultra) and it fits fine, and with the only difference with your card being that it is thicker (2.75 slots instead of 2) it will fit just fine.

I have seen pictures of the new EK 240mm AIO fitting in 3 slot mode in this case, so that might be an option. But as stated above, the only *officially* supported AIO is the LT240, but fitting it in 3 slot mode with the stock tubing is difficult because of the quick disconnect fitting.