Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I guess it won't be worth the effort. Also passing the same air through multiple radiators is very inefficient and since cooling performance heavily depends on the delta between ambient and water temperature, getting some heat out of the loop before the 240, the delta will be even lower and the 240 will be even more inefficient.
You would be better of using a kind of short graphics card and use the rest of the space for a better pump/res. Just my 2 cents tho.

Cruella Devill

Trash Compacter
Apr 24, 2020

Which pump is better? Noise, cooling efficiency. Thanks

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Which pump is better? Noise, cooling efficiency. Thanks

At the flow rates that DCLT pumps are capable of, the faster pump (3600) will outperform the low noise version by a few degrees. And the low noise version will be quieter of course! You can always adjust the speed of either pump, but there isn't much point in lowering the speed of the 3600 to below the 2600.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
I'm a data hoarder that doesn't want to put the money into making a server. Just putting drives in my system (that have larger capacities than SSDs have) is a lot easier than having to not only build a server, but then have a place to put it, and also pay for the extra hardware needed for a server. Personally, I use 2 external hard drives, because I don't need a server if I only need 2 external drives for everything I need. And cloud based options are out of the question (but I still use it for smaller, but still important files) because I'm limited by internet speed, and sometimes even the service themselves if I need to download multiple things at once, and they need to make it into a .zip file.

My solution is having some external hard drives on my desk and keeping my main system all SSD based with all the storage I can get out of them. This way I can keep the most important stuff on my actual system, and out the data hoarding stuff on my externals, so if I have to go somewhere I can have the important stuff, and once I get back I can offload all the data I amassed onto the external drives.

I get the hesitation to go all in on a full server just to house your cat pics and memes, but something for basic storage access really isn't much of an investment. You can literally get by fine with those ext HDDs connected to your router. A $200~ 14TB ext HDD plugged into any decent router can easily be config'd as your media source for every device in the house. As long as you setup a network drive, it will be completely seemless for you and the rest of the household. Some basic software or even Windows Task Scheduler tasks can even handle automatic backups/dumps when you get home from a trip or something.

Meanwhile, you're looking at a $200+ 9.35L case that you will populate with $100+ in specific, high cost SFF friendly cooling components.
That may sound accusatorial or dismissive of your stance, it's totally not. Do what makes ya happy! But I just wanted to point out that the bar for centralized network storage is effectively nil next to cramming HDDs into a small, easily bumpable case that isn't designed for mass storage. Even full on storage servers are stupid easy and cheap next the boutique SFF PCs on here. The Silverstone DS380 or the U-NAS cases could be a great place to start for you? Fractal Design and Lian Li have also put out some awesome SFF storage cases over the years. With $135~ B550 boards and $100~ Ryzen 3's coming out soon, you could slap together something really capable while still being economical?

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
"Alexbattle said: What kind of spam? If you are spam, then I feel sorry for you"
Please let's not derail this thread. While not being "pure spam", those posts aren't very productive either. Too many posts like this and the thread will quickly become harder to read and it might drive other user away from it ...
While I share the hype, please keep this thread informative ;)
That's a good question. What is spam, what isn't?
The way I see it, maybe the only way there can be any sort of order her is to restrict posts to only those who actually have the case and discuss their inputs.
The rest is only different degrees of spam. Hell, this post is spam, I admit it, but at least I do have pertinent input to bring.
Is discussing rad compatibility on topic? I'd say yes, but saying no is also arguable.
Is appreciation on topic? I'd say no.
Is shipping issues on topic? I'd say no.
Is pricing on topic? No.
Can I conceive of any question which hasn't been answered in the previous 300 pages, on page 1, or in the manual? No.
The only way I can see how to avoid worsening this spam issue is to make dedicated threads for each of the sub-topics mentioned above.
I know it's not ideal, but let's face it. This thread is already TL;DR.
"threestripevida said: I have read through this entire thread twice now and there is probably a total of close to 30 pages where the discussion is off topic and does not belong which makes it very hard to find information."
That ! And the 10+ reports today I had to settle about "spam" messages only about this thread. That's unnecessary work and lost time I could use way more efficiently here, like :
  • Providing help
  • Welcoming new members properly
  • Update my own threads
... To name a few ...
Indeed. Each time I see a new "Hi I'm new here WHEN/WHERE/HOW DO I ORDER???" I ask myself the question of how many pages of spam there are and how the hell does one manage to sign up and post a comment without even seeing the 1st post. My guestimate was 25 pages, but now I'd say 30, so right on. This has to stop.
"Alexbattle said: Someone heard about Comino OTTO case?"
OK ... You've reached my absolute limit. That kind of post has nothing to do here, go visit the off-topic subforum for that.
Hickjacking others thread is forbidden. You've earned yourself a warning point, enjoy !
Where was this mod all my life? I like him. I wanted to complain but I've joined the light side only recently from lurking the DAN-A4 thread since the HardOCP forums died, and didn't want to stick out like a sore thumb by adding fuel to the fire when other people are replying by being so patient and kind.
"Alexbattle said: I am shocked by this attitude towards people"
Me too, I tried to be nice and patient .... I'm switching to the other method ... Good bye bruh, you've been awarded a free ban
Snipping the most obnoxious spammer?! STAHP. I can only get so erect. Keep it up!

Reactions: Cronos83

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Besides that I'm basically with you @ManaNeko, 30 pages of spam ain't really bad. It's actually very little spam compared to other forums.

I'm very excited about the T1 as well (I bought a Ghost S1, just to keep myself distracted...).
But from that spam issue being mentioned on, I reduced posting to a minimum...

I do understand everyone that want's pure facts, but(!):
This is a case for enthusiasts (harder to built in, quite expensive, research about components required etc.).

The ppl who found this topic, the ppl that are texting actively might not all own it yet. But I bet they/we are all on fire, more or less.

WE ARE THE ENTHUSIASTS!
That is where cases like the T1 get the right to exist from!

And what now?
Is everyone who does not have the pleasure to already own a T1 supposed to NOT participate anymore?

And yes, IMHO sometimes a joke, a question that might have been asked already but isn't clear to the questioneer, a story about how ppl try to distract themselves from waiting to get that case is just human!

That is part of enthusiasm and a community, as long as that "spam" is not overtaking real content.

And again, from my experience the spam is really not much, compared to other topics and/or forums. And it's mostly topic related.

I really felt uncomfortable to post anything here since that issue came up. And believe me, that feeling does NOT make the Case more sexy...

Last edited:

Hoanglh94

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2020
Well to be frank, my first post on this on this forum is actually in the thread to get myself one of the requirements to register for interest. Im the type of guy who would normally just read rather than comment, unless it’s contributing or questioning. Not only SFF but also other niche hobbies such as custom mech key (it’s quite saturated now). Coming from custom mech key in the early days, everything was group buy based back then and not every custom board or keycap will get into production so every time there is a highly anticipated one, like T1, everyone will go crazy about it and those thread on deskthority or geekhacks will be flooded with off topic comments. It could be good or bad depend on your opinion but that’s how the community reacts. Thus It doesn’t kill to off-topic commenting. Please dont be so harsh on people “spamming”.

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
Just a noob question, why anodizing is so important? Ignore me if it is too newbie :)

It's only important insofar as it is one of the higher quality ways to color aluminum (and a few other metal) components. The surface of the material actually changes color, so it can't flake off like paint or PVD, for example.

Gamers Nexus just did a video on anodizing if you're interested in learning more about how it is done. I'm not a huge fan of this channel, but I can't not watch stuff like this:

Reactions: DrHudacris

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Besides that I'm basically with you @ManaNeko, 30 pages of spam ain't really bad. It's actually very little spam compared to other forums.

I'm very excited about the T1 as well (I bought a Ghost S1, just to keep myself distracted...).
But from that spam issue being mentioned on, I reduced posting to a minimum...

I do understand everyone that want's pure facts, but(!):
This is a case for enthusiasts (harder to built in, quite expensive, research about components required etc.).

The ppl who found this topic, the ppl that are texting actively might not all own it yet. But I bet they/we are all on fire, more or less.

WE ARE THE ENTHUSIASTS!
That is where cases like the T1 get the right to exist from!

And what now?
Is everyone who does not have the pleasure to already own a T1 supposed to NOT participate anymore?

And yes, IMHO sometimes a joke, a question that might have been asked already but isn't clear to the questioneer, a story about how ppl try to distract themselves from waiting to get that case is just human!

That is part of enthusiasm and a community, as long as that "spam" is not overtaking real content.

And again, from my experience the spam is really not much, compared to other topics and/or forums. And it's mostly topic related.

I really felt uncomfortable to post anything here since that issue came up. And believe me, that feeling does NOT make the Case more sexy...
Well to be frank, my first post on this on this forum is actually in the thread to get myself one of the requirements to register for interest. Im the type of guy who would normally just read rather than comment, unless it’s contributing or questioning. Not only SFF but also other niche hobbies such as custom mech key (it’s quite saturated now). Coming from custom mech key in the early days, everything was group buy based back then and not every custom board or keycap will get into production so every time there is a highly anticipated one, like T1, everyone will go crazy about it and those thread on deskthority or geekhacks will be flooded with off topic comments. It could be good or bad depend on your opinion but that’s how the community reacts. Thus It doesn’t kill to off-topic commenting. Please dont be so harsh on people “spamming”.
that's exactly why @Wahaha360 is now making a reddit subforum. So the "spam" can go there, doesn't flood this thread too much and can be contained by up/down voting. I'm not on your page here and I think it's more about finding and providing actual information in the thread.
Otherwise no one will ever be able to find anything useful again. That's pretty frustrating and drives people away from the thread and eventually from the case. People are asking the same thing on a daily basis, because they don't even read the first post or are intimidated by the sheer amount of pages. That's why there are link summaries already - because it's crowded and stuff gets overlooked.

Last edited:
Reactions: ManaNeko

Hoanglh94

Efficiency Noob
Apr 18, 2020
It's only important insofar as it is one of the higher quality ways to color aluminum (and a few other metal) components. The surface of the material actually changes color, so it can't flake off like paint or PVD, for example.

Gamers Nexus just did a video on anodizing if you're interested in learning more about how it is done. I'm not a huge fan of this channel, but I can't not watch stuff like this:

yep, and each manufacturer’s technique will also determines whether you can achieve some certain colours and how smooth the surface is. :)

eightySix

Cable Smoosher
Apr 26, 2020
Posting for the reserve survey. Have been lurking for a few weeks but due to the traction this seems to be getting I figured I should reigster.

Everything I want in a ssf case, thing looks amazing

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Thus It doesn’t kill to off-topic commenting. Please dont be so harsh on people “spamming”.

Again, I'm a simple human and share the hype with you ... but honestly I stopped reading the thread because it's too clutered.

When you have to skip a few pages straight full of nothing but YT like comments ("first !", who's there in 2019 ?", etc), then you end up missing the very single interesting comment hidden among the "spam".

I'm the kind of guy who favor discussion over sanction, that's what I did in the first place. I'm not against hyped comments but am asking for people to be reasonable and refrain themselves before it gets out of hand.

Back on Alexbattle case, I did not ban him because of the "spam", but because of his toxic behavior. I tried to reason him but instead of "my bad, I'll try to be reasonable" he went one step futher. Then he started to advertise a case from another designer, which is against the rules and I issued a warning point. He obviously didn't appreciate it and started complaining that we were bad people ... That's not the kind of attitude that's tolerated, breaking rules multiple times on the same day and on purpose and then complaining.

Now, out of respect for @Wahaha360 , please keep this thread civil and as "clean" as possible. Don't cluter it too much, because it drives people away from it. I'm one the those who stopped following it, because of that ... and ultimately I even forgot about this case.

I only came back because a single user generated over 10 reports on a single day. That's pretty sad to be honest.

Last edited:

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
on all this spam/nothingposting regarding that google form: i cant imagine any comments past w360 posting the form would count toward anything?? this has been bugging me since it started... but since we're all now complaining about it :p

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
Hopefully no one else has asked this question, but is there a pcie 4.0 compatible riser that will work with this case?

I know nothing really takes advantage of it, but at least on the gigabyte x570 board if you run a Navi card with a riser you need to set the pcie slot to 3.0 instead of auto to avoid some problems. Having a pcie 4.0 riser cable would avoid that step.

hprantis

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
Hopefully no one else has asked this question, but is there a pcie 4.0 compatible riser that will work with this case?

I know nothing really takes advantage of it, but at least on the gigabyte x570 board if you run a Navi card with a riser you need to set the pcie slot to 3.0 instead of auto to avoid some problems. Having a pcie 4.0 riser cable would avoid that step.

It should be pretty easy to change pcie version in the bios if that’s all you would want the 4.0 riser for.

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020

Bruh. Use the search tool, it actually works. I typed in "Riser PCIe 4" and I found the answer in less than 2 minutes.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
It should be pretty easy to change pcie version in the bios if that’s all you would want the 4.0 riser for.

Yes, it is quite easy to change, I have a DanA4, but other users may not be aware of the issues with navi cards, x570 (and soon to be B550) mother boards and 3rd gen risers.