Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
@fabio what's your take on noise levels/signature between the d5, ddc, and dc-lt? I've always been skeptical about water cooling because I don't want any idle noise--the only personal experience I have is a H60 AIO. it wasn't an offensive amount of sound, but certainly a noticeable buzz/whine that I wouldn't want sitting on my desk. Can each of the pumps you've tried be inaudible in your environment below a certain pump speed?

would it be reasonable for me to get a pump and some length of tubing to make a "loop" just to see what it sounds like? I assuming adding the rad/blocks wouldn't change the noise at all (beyond possibly needing to increase pump speed to compensate)

Millisecond.build

Cable Smoosher
Apr 30, 2019
In 2 slot mode you have 70mm of clearance to fit whatever you want between the side panel and heatsink (if you go air cooling) or water block/pump combo (if you go custom water cooling/closed loop liquid cooler).

What I wrote was poorly worded, I reported my post so it can be deleted to avoid misinformation.

To clarify, it's 70mm of clearance to cool your CPU when the case is in 2 slot mode.
If you go for an air cooler, you'll have to go for something 55mm or less in height to fit a 15mm thick fan between the cooler and the side panel.
The same applies to the waterblock/pump combo.
Also as @fabio mentioned you have to take into account the RAM height.

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
This looks so cool! Do you mind sharing which LED strips you bought and where they are installed to achieve this affect?

Do you mind posting how/where exactly you mounted them? Or did you literally just stuff them in there?

Sure, I ordered those (2x24LED 40cm strips)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000005290352.html

and I put them (didn't use the adhesive tape yet, but only put them there to test if I'd like how it looks) on the two support beams on the side (those black lines you can see in my gif), directed inwards (I tried putting them on there, directed upwards first, but that didn't look good at all, in my opinion - if you want, I can post a picture of how that looked as well).
I can take some photos of how exactly I've put them later, when I'm back from work, if anybody wants those :)

On first glance I thought you kept the sidepanels off. Then I did a close inspection with the gif zoomed in and saw they are still on. Are those panels realy that open?
They are, but only if you provide enough light inside of the case, otherwise, as light has to hit the panels in specific angles to shine through, there won't be enough light inside of the case to look in.
If you put LEDs in there, though, it depends on the angle you are looking at the case (as shown in the video). I am sitting right next to mine and, when looking from above, I can see the lights through the top panel, but the sidepanel looks almost black (except for some spots, right next to the LEDs, which are still opaque from that angle, but you can see the colors)

Reactions: DrHudacris

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
You know, I see the mini ITX like as a system with a lot of possibilities and opportunities.

And in my case, I am experimenting a bit, especially to check the limit of this case.
There are and I have a lot of itx cases made by user from this network, and others from the retail chain like the Streacom DA2.

But this is the first one that has opened to me to a lot of possibilities and options! Is so well designed and focused on optimisation that there are so many configuration you can have with 0 modification of the case. Even the Ghost is claustrophobic compared to this. The only other case I had that gave me almost the same feeling is the DAN. (Still missing the M1, but I don't think I will go for it after the T1).

Going back on the ITX system, for me is also have the possibility to have a powerful computer on the desk with a small impact in it.
I personally don't like much the vertical case, because they distract my eyes from the screen.

In the specific of my last configuration, you can see how much is still compact the entire system:
all the panel are on, apart the top one, the 40mm radiator pop out a bit, but it doesn't change the space on the desk. Yes, Now there is a pump reservoir outside, but it is placed vertically, with a footprint of 80x80mm, in an otherwise dead space on my desk.

What I got with this? A dead silent powerful system, a low delta between ambient temperature and the coolant (5 degrees average, with a 3950X and a Titan RTX in the loop that rise till 11 degrees under heavy load).

It's only a matter of what you really need and want to achieve!

BTW, the D5 is DEAD SILENT! And this case is completely open even with the side panel on, so the noise will be more or less the same.

Here you can see the DB measured from a distance of 30cm, of the system on medium load.
Because the fan and pump are set on the delta of the temps, they lamost stay below 50%!!

(BTW, I am under deadline at work, that's why I am still awake at 2:52 AM! ?)
In spite of my last post, to which I humbly thank you for responding, I really do not tend to praise unless it is merited. But WOW! That is the silence/cooling that I want in my next build! I am currently working with a 9900K/2080Ti/Raven RVZ01, which I wish to transplant into to T1 when it comes out. The fact that you can achieve such a silent system with a 3950X/Titan RTX. albeit with a huge radiator/reservoir/pump loop gives me hope that a smaller custom loop will give me equal results. I am sure that loop part selection matters, which is why I follow this and other forums closely, so as to begin ordering.

And please don't bother responding if you are still up. That work deadline is undoubtedly the priority.

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
Not nessisarily...

E.g.. if you want to have the case on your desk and if you want it to be as small and as silent as possible, but the rest of your room has plenty of space to spare.... just go with a Mora 3.

ITX can be used in many ways...
I honestly had never heard of the Mora 3 before. Ended up looking at some YouTube videos and was really impressed with its performance. Unfortunately, it will not work with the general decor of my desk, principally because my Study was turned into a mother in law room (ugh) and my desk was moved to the Master Bedroom. Trust me, the Mora 3 will NOT pass the wife acceptance factor...

Now the FormD-T1 on the other hand..... ?

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
I think @fabio is experimenting with the "test bench" mode of the T1. I mean, @fabio has a different configuration every other week! He's definitely pushing the boundaries of case, and his insight may be helpful, even if only to show what doesn't work or what's not worth the trouble.
Most assuredly agree! And those boundaries are exceedingly helpful to all of us on the forum. I anxiously keep coming back to see what new "Flavor of the Week" @fabio has cooked up. ?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I do have a lot of stuff from watercool and Aquacomputer.... I didn't regret a single buy!
- I did regred some buys from Alphacool though...

I know Alphacool is being hyped here and on YouTube - but... those two companies are simply another level. No offence....

Alphacool is just not as good as watercool and Aquacomputer (not even close).

Seriously.. no offence! That is just how I personally think it is after having bought and used countless parts of these 3 companies in a few hundred builds...

Yeah.. the LT240 might fit perfectly... But there is a reason why ppl look for alternatives... And it's not just a lack of availability...

I have serious considered a custom AIO based on Aquacomputer radiator for the T1.

However, Aquacomputer radiators are more like CPU Heatsinks than typically radiators. IIRC the performance is not as good as traditional radiators offered by Alphacool, EK and HWL. It's unfortunate really.

what you think guys if there is the option to shrink the gpu place to a single slot to make enough room from a higher cpu cooler ?
Tbh that seems kinda niche within a niche.

cldskt is right about being a niche within a niche.

There is also a bigger problem. Single Slot support in T1 = 90mm CPU Cooler support. Afiak, there isn't a 90mm cooler that can outperform the L12S by 4-5C.

Using Noctua offerings as an example, the next thing up from L12S is D9L or C14S, which is 110mm/115mm respectively, and not going to fit.

You can in theory use a thicker fan on L9x65 or Big Shuriken 3, you will get more noise because the fan is near the Side Panel, but *I don't think you will outperform the L12S by 4-5C. Keep in mind the T1 with Mesh Side Panel is very well ventilated.

This brings me to the conclusion, what kind of benefit can you materialize right now with Single Slot Support, it's vague for me right now, that's why it's not on the feature list.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-04-24 Update: Can't keep up with so many new posts. Created r/FormD - upvoting and downvoting feature will helps us prioritize response to questions and issues

This is meant to help ease congestion on this forum thread, not replace it.

Still working on the subreddit, will open to public when we are ready.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
2020-04-24 Update: Can't keep up with so many new posts. Created r/FormD - upvoting and downvoting feature will helps us prioritize response to questions and issues

This is meant to help ease congestion on this forum thread, not replace it.

Still working on the subreddit, will open to public when we are ready.

I need to finish the useful link document ASAP then in case you want to post it in the sidebar.

Visstick

Efficiency Noob
Apr 15, 2020
It probably only looks that "open" because of all of the lights. In my system, the only lights I have are on my pump for my AIO, and I blacked some of them out. Because of this, barely any of the inside is visible when looking at it head-on. You can faintly see lighter colors like the fans and the branding on the PSU, but that's about it.
Shining some kind of light source (like a flashlight) directly on the case can make it easier to see the components inside though. Stuff like lights in your room shouldn't interfere with this though, because they are at more of an angle.
So to answer your question: Yes it is open, but lighting on the inside of the case makes it a lot easier to see what is inside. Without lighting on the inside of the case, you can barely see things that are black, and faintly see things that are lightly colored.

EDIT: I took some pictures to illustrate what I mean. The imgur captions give more explanation as to what the images are

Thanks for your awnser and the recorded images to illustrate your point. I guess its a good thing the case is that open (airflow wise) but for bleeding what I was afraid of is bleeding light trough the case when it sits on top of my desk. I guess when i get my hands on the case I will make sure my components have the ability to disable most of the light :).

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Pretty surprised that with the popularity of Ryzen 3000. The absolute massive lineup of motherboards and their need of good VRM and active chipset cooling that there isnt any monoblocks available?

Would be pretty sick to have some for X570i strix
I did contact EK about this, but they said they won't be making a monoblock for other (ITX) X570 boards unfortunately.
Maybe they'd consider it, if more people reach out :)
They've made blocks for the non ITX Aorus Master, Aorus Elite and Strix-E.
I need to finish the useful link document ASAP then in case you want to post it in the sidebar.
I've also accumulated some insights over time and will look into it if it's of any added value. Need to check first if you haven't added it already :)

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
AGAIN, another iteration of my build!

This an option where you can have an external D5 pump and reservoir, using Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnect fittings for easy moving around and placed on an EKWB Vertical Universal 120 mount where I've added some small feet.

The tubes just go out from the empty PCIe slots on the back.

I've replaced the previous flow meter with an Aqua Computer MPS 200 (It is thinner, has an integrated water temp, and is connected through an usb header, so the connector now allows me to close the panel completely! - for the D5 and a full power DDC is better to get the 400. With the 200, that have a max measurable flow of 200l/h, the pump at 60% completely saturate it ? )

I've switched back to a EK Coolstream PE240, loosing 3/4 degrees of cooling performance but I like better the proportion!
(At 4.3ghz on all core, Blender benchmark test, the max temp is 70 degrees after 30 minutes, so I am pretty happy!)

Too keep the panels more secured, I think I will get some button strong magnet. For now I am using a magnetic tape as you can see!

Cheers!

So, which iteration do you plan to keep in the end? Is there a particular one you recommend in terms of space efficiency/practicability/performance?

Last edited: