Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
While I still haven't had the time do post everything I wanted to about my case - as my LED strips arrived today, I tried stuffing them in there, and I gotta say, I kinda like it (especially how the mesh changes from opaque to translucent) :D

sooo, I made a short gif for you real quick:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
While I still haven't had the time do post everything I wanted to about my case - as my LED strips arrived today, I tried stuffing them in there, and I gotta say, I kinda like it (especially how the mesh changes from opaque to translucent) :D

This looks so cool! Do you mind sharing which LED strips you bought and where they are installed to achieve this affect?

@Wahaha360 I have a couple of questions about the T1 V1.1: will the too/bottom panel be available for separate purchase? And will the vent area percentage change at all from v1?

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020

Do you mind posting how/where exactly you mounted them? Or did you literally just stuff them in there?

cinnix

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 5, 2020

That looks absolutely insane. I was thinking of doing something like a LCD, 7-segment display or led matrix inside the case with the intent to display system stats, but i weren't sure how much of the inside will be visible. This makes me think it will perhaps looks like a display being viewed through a screen door perhaps?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017

Wow that looks amazing. Mesh side panels are gonna be the future of ITX cases imo.

JustBorwsing

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 23, 2020
Case looks amazing and the reviews and build ive found on Youtube made me creat an account, just so I Could say wow, your doing amazing job and can't wait to see where this case gose with a Distro Block.

Visstick

Efficiency Noob
Apr 15, 2020

On first glance I thought you kept the sidepanels off. Then I did a close inspection with the gif zoomed in and saw they are still on. Are those panels realy that open?

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
What exactly is considered on topic? Is it related to the t1 or related to the thread.

For example, am I allowed to talk about how the moderator who's title is 'chief procrastination officer' made a post about lost time and efficient work.

Reactions: Cronos83

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Are those panels realy that open?
It probably only looks that "open" because of all of the lights. In my system, the only lights I have are on my pump for my AIO, and I blacked some of them out. Because of this, barely any of the inside is visible when looking at it head-on. You can faintly see lighter colors like the fans and the branding on the PSU, but that's about it.
Shining some kind of light source (like a flashlight) directly on the case can make it easier to see the components inside though. Stuff like lights in your room shouldn't interfere with this though, because they are at more of an angle.
So to answer your question: Yes it is open, but lighting on the inside of the case makes it a lot easier to see what is inside. Without lighting on the inside of the case, you can barely see things that are black, and faintly see things that are lightly colored.

EDIT: I took some pictures to illustrate what I mean. The imgur captions give more explanation as to what the images are

Last edited:

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Basicly this reminds me the boombox speakers i had when i was little, where the shiny chromed magnet cap was visible inspite the mesh...since mesh panels are becoming the trend, which is nice, i think the gpu and cpu coolers should be designed accordingly. I wish the white 2080 strix version was available since launch....formd t1 would look great in a black white configuration and mesh panels i think would help a lot in the compostion.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Killdoc

Trash Compacter
Mar 25, 2020
AGAIN, another iteration of my build!

This an option where you can have an external D5 pump and reservoir, using Koolance QD3 Quick Disconnect fittings for easy moving around and placed on an EKWB Vertical Universal 120 mount where I've added some small feet.

The tubes just go out from the empty PCIe slots on the back.

I've replaced the previous flow meter with an Aqua Computer MPS 200 (It is thinner, has an integrated water temp, and is connected through an usb header, so the connector now allows me to close the panel completely! - for the D5 and a full power DDC is better to get the 400. With the 200, that have a max measurable flow of 200l/h, the pump at 60% completely saturate it ? )

I've switched back to a EK Coolstream PE240, loosing 3/4 degrees of cooling performance but I like better the proportion!
(At 4.3ghz on all core, Blender benchmark test, the max temp is 70 degrees after 30 minutes, so I am pretty happy!)

Too keep the panels more secured, I think I will get some button strong magnet. For now I am using a magnetic tape as you can see!

Cheers!

Truly an honest question! And I certainly think that it is a personal matter of taste. But doesn't building a case with an external Reservoir/Pump just negate the entire purpose of an ITX case? One of the features that I like about the T1 is that it truly allows a powerful system in a very small form factor; compact and neat, versus spread out. Plus the added noise factor of having the Reservoir/Pump outside of the case itself? I will freely admit, @fabio, that you have done wonders with this case, which I will one hundred percent emulate when I get my hands on the FormD T1. You are one of the stars, among other builders on this forums, that will permit us newbs to avoid pitfalls in our own builds. But I really fail to see the advantages of this setup. If I had a cat, I can see it knocking over that reservoir just out of kitty malice.?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Truly an honest question! And I certainly think that it is a personal matter of taste. But doesn't building a case with an external Reservoir/Pump just negate the entire purpose of an ITX case? One of the features that I like about the T1 is that it truly allows a powerful system in a very small form factor; compact and neat, versus spread out. Plus the added noise factor of having the Reservoir/Pump outside of the case itself? I will freely admit, @fabio, that you have done wonders with this case, which I will one hundred percent emulate when I get my hands on the FormD T1. You are one of the stars, among other builders on this forums, that will permit us newbs to avoid pitfalls in our own builds. But I really fail to see the advantages of this setup. If I had a cat, I can see it knocking over that reservoir just out of kitty malice.?

I think @fabio is experimenting with the "test bench" mode of the T1. I mean, @fabio has a different configuration every other week! He's definitely pushing the boundaries of case, and his insight may be helpful, even if only to show what doesn't work or what's not worth the trouble.

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Truly an honest question! And I certainly think that it is a personal matter of taste. But doesn't building a case with an external Reservoir/Pump just negate the entire purpose of an ITX case?

Not nessisarily...

E.g.. if you want to have the case on your desk and if you want it to be as small and as silent as possible, but the rest of your room has plenty of space to spare.... just go with a Mora 3.

ITX can be used in many ways...

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
In 2 slot mode is it possible to add a 120mm fan sandwiched between the side panel and the motherboard?
It is possible for sure. Of course depends from the motherboard and the RAM height. But also in 3 slot a slim 15mm 120 fan is possible. If you check my build log I've placed a 25mm 92mm fan in it. ;)

Reactions: DrHudacris

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
You know, I see the mini ITX like as a system with a lot of possibilities and opportunities.

And in my case, I am experimenting a bit, especially to check the limit of this case.
There are and I have a lot of itx cases made by user from this network, and others from the retail chain like the Streacom DA2.

But this is the first one that has opened to me to a lot of possibilities and options! Is so well designed and focused on optimisation that there are so many configuration you can have with 0 modification of the case. Even the Ghost is claustrophobic compared to this. The only other case I had that gave me almost the same feeling is the DAN. (Still missing the M1, but I don't think I will go for it after the T1).

Going back on the ITX system, for me is also have the possibility to have a powerful computer on the desk with a small impact in it.
I personally don't like much the vertical case, because they distract my eyes from the screen.

In the specific of my last configuration, you can see how much is still compact the entire system:
all the panel are on, apart the top one, the 40mm radiator pop out a bit, but it doesn't change the space on the desk. Yes, Now there is a pump reservoir outside, but it is placed vertically, with a footprint of 80x80mm, in an otherwise dead space on my desk.

What I got with this? A dead silent powerful system, a low delta between ambient temperature and the coolant (5 degrees average, with a 3950X and a Titan RTX in the loop that rise till 11 degrees under heavy load).

It's only a matter of what you really need and want to achieve!

BTW, the D5 is DEAD SILENT! And this case is completely open even with the side panel on, so the noise will be more or less the same.

Here you can see the DB measured from a distance of 30cm, of the system on medium load.
Because the fan and pump are set on the delta of the temps, they lamost stay below 50%!!

(BTW, I am under deadline at work, that's why I am still awake at 2:52 AM! ?)

Last edited: