Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

neeyol

Case Bender
New User
Apr 16, 2020
I cannot wait for this case to be avaliable, hoping I can hold out on buying anything until I can get my hands on one!

Act1veX

Case Bender
New User
Apr 15, 2020
Okay wow seems like some people are caving in and some other people actually try to hold out for the one and only SFF case. ?

haha I am doing the same thing, but had to get sata power cable extenders for my SATA SSDs

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
from what I've seen the XC is pretty good a keeping the 2070 Super cool, so I personally wouldn't worry about a bigger heatsink for the 2070s chip :)
I'd just go with the cheaper option to be honest.
Also EVGA should be better regarding RMA and warranty stuff, but haven't had personal experience with either.

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterJester

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Hey guys I’m having a hard time making what should probably be a very easy decision... should I go with the 2-slot EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming or the 3-slot Asus RTX 2070 Super ROG Strix Advanced?
My biggest concerns are noise and temps. Keep in mind I’m using the Corsair H60 120mm AIO cooler. I have found ram that should fit either configuration: Crucial Ballistix RGB at 39.17 mm tall or G Skill Trident Z Royal at 45mm tall.

I'm asus fans, so I prefer Asus. But sometimes is my local pc store they always remind me how good another brands with their guarantee and after sales product. Also looking for budget too, if unlimited, their you go..

Oh, Asrock is good too in my country.. looking forward to build asrock style.

But dont forget to check your pc case dimension before you buy their product, sh*t happen when your GPU didnt fit enough with your case :v
--

Yugo555

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
? I just received mine! ???

FYI I had to pay 26,50€ (18,77€ for customs charges + 7,50€ postal charges)
26,50€ is about 29 USD

Sorry for the potato quality pic.

Buongiorno :) I would like to ask you whether you paid the tax upon the delivery at the door or did you have to visit the post office? Also how is the tax fee calculated by the authority if you know any formula or detail? Thanks in advance.

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
But dont forget to check your pc case dimension before you buy their product, sh*t happen when your GPU didnt fit enough with your case :v
--
I checked the dimensions for both cards and they should both fit. It’s more a question of:
A) the difference in thermals and noise.
B) whether said difference is worth trying dealing with the H60 in 3-slot mode.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Hey guys I’m having a hard time making what should probably be a very easy decision... should I go with the 2-slot EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Gaming or the 3-slot Asus RTX 2070 Super ROG Strix Advanced?
My biggest concerns are noise and temps. Keep in mind I’m using the Corsair H60 120mm AIO cooler. I have found ram that should fit either configuration: Crucial Ballistix RGB at 39.17 mm tall or G Skill Trident Z Royal at 45mm tall.
If noise is a concern then definitely go with the Asus card. The larger heatsink and 3 fans will keep it cooler and keep the noise down because it won't have to work as hard to keep the same temp so it will be quieter. I have the Evga XC Ultra and I'm not a huge fan of the noise the fans make at 50% speed. It's quite loud. It's fully liquid cooled now but I didn't enjoy it at anything higher than 50%

And you shouldn't have any real issues with the H60 in either configuration

Reactions: MisterJester

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
If noise is a concern then definitely go with the Asus card. The larger heatsink and 3 fans will keep it cooler and keep the noise down because it won't have to work as hard to keep the same temp so it will be quieter. I have the Evga XC Ultra and I'm not a huge fan of the noise the fans make at 50% speed. It's quite loud. It's fully liquid cooled now but I didn't enjoy it at anything higher than 50%

Thank you very much. Now for my follow up, @pwnedundies. Do you think there is ANY other way to route the tubes on the H60 other than directly over the dimm slots?

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

Honestly wait til the case is in transit to get the parts so you know for sure you are getting the latest and greatest

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I checked the dimensions for both cards and they should both fit. It’s more a question of:
A) the difference in thermals and noise.
B) whether said difference is worth trying dealing with the H60 in 3-slot mode.

There is also the 3-slot EVGA card called "XC Ultra" or something.
Here in Europe the prices were sometimes even lower than the 2-slot card.
So there is still this option. And I'd argue that the coolers of the 3-slot cards are pretty much equal. (gamersnexus has teardown videos of both cooling solutions btw, although 2080 vs 2070).
If you buy now, I think you can't go wrong with either - regarding noise and cooling levels.

Last edited:

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
You can't really go wrong with either of the GPUs. I'd prefer EVGA because I love their support, but the ASUS might be better for thermals, plus you can plug a fan into the GPU and have it be controlled by the GPU instead of the CPU. The EVGA FTW 3 Ultra is similar in terms of the ASUS, fan connector and everything, so that's the one I would go with.

As for your RAM, in 3 slot mode, the TridentZ Royal might cause some problems with the tubes not being able to fit, because I have low profile RAM and there's not a lot of room left for the tubes, so just be prepared if you do go with the TridentZ Royal.