Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

IIIIIIII

Case Bender
New User
Apr 15, 2020
Can't wait to for a proper radiator in my T1.

vile

Case Bender
New User
Apr 16, 2020
I've tried searching this thread to no avail. Has anyone explored different low profile air coolers for a 2+ slot GPU setup? Specifications say <50mm which narrows the options a bit. Right now I'm thinking Noctuas L9A for my Ryzen 3600 to keep sound levels down, but I've read it needs a duct in some other SFF cases. Airflow overall seems better in this case than say the Dan A4, but the question is if I can get away with a n L9A without resorting to 3D printing?

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
I've tried searching this thread to no avail. Has anyone explored different low profile air coolers for a 2+ slot GPU setup? Specifications say <50mm which narrows the options a bit. Right now I'm thinking Noctuas L9A for my Ryzen 3600 to keep sound levels down, but I've read it needs a duct in some other SFF cases. Airflow overall seems better in this case than say the Dan A4, but the question is if I can get away with a n L9A without resorting to 3D printing?
Interesting. From my experience the small NH-L9a (with good airflow) is completely capable to cool the 3700X without any loss of performance and also with silence. I have a thing with noise and is always my first priority.

Also great tips here for fine tuning, just to add, if it's not mentioned already, the importance of using the latest bios and the latest chipset drivers with these Ryzens.
To give an example i have my B450-I from mid 2018, first with 2600 and then with 3700X, i have used every bios that came out from the first release. All the bios for the Ryzen 3000 before the latest one are driving (default settings) the 3700X out of AMD specs (around 15W more power)!.

As an old user of Argus, can confirm that is a great software, but i think for new users and not complicated fan setups, the provided utilities or bios are also fine.

imo you should be totally fine with a 3600 and the l9a.
Haven't tested it though, as I don't have the case :)
Maybe @Brude27 has some thoughts on that matter?

Reactions: vile

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I just ordered a Ghost S1 to have something to tinker.... Coming in at 329€ with a medium top hat (large ones are not available in Europe atm).

.....just for the upcoming month until I receive a T1 ?

Pls guys... don't tell my wife ?
I'm tempted to do the same. Maybe also with the H1. I don't know if this will fly with the wife, "But I need the actual cases on my desk for comparison."

Reactions: Cronos83

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
I just ordered a Ghost S1 to have something to tinker.... Coming in at 329€ with a medium top hat (large ones are not available in Europe atm).

.....just for the upcoming month until I receive a T1 ?

Pls guys... don't tell my wife ?
Ahahahahah, I did the same! But after 3 days the T1 arrived ?
I'm tempted to do the same. Maybe also with the H1. I don't know if this will fly with the wife, "But I need the actual cases on my desk for comparison."
Did exactly the same, but returned top hat. Now cannot travel to where my T1 is waiting for me.

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Just do it!
If you don't, you'll always wonder if the case you bought was the right choice....

Or rely on @fabio to compare the T1 to his Ghost. I take it he's enjoying the T1 more. I was waiting for either mkIII to come out or at least for noctua to release their cooler but with the T1, I can use the l12s as is. I'm more interested in the comparison between the T1 and P1 so I'm waiting for either T1 availability or P1 prototype to settle on one.

inksoldier

Efficiency Noob
Apr 21, 2020
I've fallen deep in the sff rabbit hole at the worst possible time with this global pandemic. Looking to upgrade after 6 years.This T1 sure looks nice

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Wish I could've gotten an answer over the last 2 days, but still hoping wahaha might see it.

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
Unfortunately I didn't see any for the "flipped" PSU orientation :(
Same. I was thinking about ordering two sets of the cables. Knowing Pslate though the cables will be the perfect length to not cause interference with fans and tubing.
Or you can put a note on the order and ask for the flipped orientation

Yep, just leave me a note! I didn't get to the flipped setup yet (SV590 build last week took too long) but will be measuring for it soon.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Yep, just leave me a note! I didn't get to the flipped setup yet (SV590 build last week took too long) but will be measuring for it soon.

Can you let us know if the flipped setup will work with ghost cables? If not I have to go shopping again :p