Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Just catching up!

edit: one of the accessories is a black L12S. Is that planned and you can get it earlier?
What’s the deal with the black L12S? Is it a product noctua is going to release themselves? Or is it a custom model?

I'm thinking about getting Noctua to make the Black L12S.

will the distro plates also be ready for the next batch?...but what will be the time frame for those?
are there any plans to include an option for a blank aluminium panel as well to match the case (black/silver) as well?

Don't know yet, still making some changes. Maybe a prototype. Distro Plate is planned for 2020 Q4.

What exact variation of silver is meant at the two tone kit?

Check first post for Two Tone.

And there will be some sort of Two Tone media coverage before it goes on sale.

so will there still be a chance to pre order in June aside from the reserve survey or will that likely take up all of the planned stock?
I guess there's no chance for a new follower to get in for the first batch.
If I understand correctly, not everyone will receive the case?
Maybe there is a chance Wahaha360 can reserve cases for the batch after that June batch for all participants in the survey who aren't lucky getting one with the June batch

Don't panic, we plan to make the T1 continuously, so it should not be a big issue.

To make things *more fair, the reserve will most likely target those who followed the project up to end of 2019. Before OT video. Everyone else has equal opportunity for the June batch.

Has anyone tried the "quick disconnect method" to fill their small form factor loop?...I assume it works by having two sets of disconnects, one in your loop and then the other set attached the reservoir. You attached the reservoir and fill up the loop normally, then you disconnect the reservoir and reattach the two ends of the quick disconnects. Completely filled and bleed loop without needing to have a reservoir permanently in your system.

I plan to, but maybe @fabio will beat me to it.

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Actually I hope not!
1/5 people will try to do crazy thing I guess!
All the others will use it with AIO or small custom loop.
A Top hat will ruin the front aesthetic IMO! And there will be a P1 that we know will support 30mm 280mm radiators!
Agreed!

...unless?

But seriously, I think a tophat would also need a completely new front as it is already separated. Three segments would look a bit weird.

Reactions: fabio

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
This is what I had in mind. The IO would be clear for any changes.

A vertical case with SFX toward the top is a balance concern. NZXT H1 is 188x187mm wide. T1 is 133x216mm, a lot less surface area. So making the T1 is not ideal by design.

CNC construction will be very very expensive (a lot of machining). SheetMetal construction will have alignment issues unless die stamped (for consistency), that's going to be an expensive mold for an accessory.

This is why it's not high on my to do list, but you are welcome to do it, just not for us.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@Wahaha360 @Caedis

The quick disconnect method was my first idea and will work extremely well!
But it will be a bit tricky to decide where to put them.

If you use the Koolance QD3, very good flow and amazing release system, they are quite heavy, so in the top exhaust configuration they have to be supported (zip tie maybe) at least with my tubing route.

The CPC are more restrictive but super light and with even less liquid drop!!.

But both of them will take some space, though, that's why I've tried other solutions.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I think the distro plate would be easiest to fill with a dedicated port. The openings at the rear of the case are very tight to get fittings and route tubes to and from. What about an accessory that is a reservoir that attached to one of the ports in the back, and has additional ports to attach tubes to the rest of the case and components? @Wahaha360

Reactions: Speedster

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Is the space gray two tone still happening? iirc it was planned for q4 or 2021 q1? btw it would be great if you kept a timeline (of the diff colors, accessories, etc) in the first post

See first post. There is an image showing 2020 Q4. I can't go too specific into timeline because people get mad when things are delayed, since the virus has made manufacturing and logistics uncertain, I don't want to give specific timeline when there is so much uncertainty.

In every picture I see of the T1 the lt240 rad is installed with the fittings at the front. Is it possible to install it the other way round (with the fittings at the back)?

The fittings will interfere with GPU, so depending on the radiator, it either doesn't work or require an ugly solution. So just avoid that path.

Well, i have just applied to the T1 reserve. I reside in Albania, which is in South East Europe but not in EU. Do you ship there?

We use third party logistics. Once preorder / order opens on formdworks.com, if you can check out, then we can ship to your country, if not, then we can't.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
do you have any news on the hardline tubing? I am not too much into watercooling, which CPU blocks will it support? Also, while we are at it, what's the meaning of the Black L12S Air Cooler - first time reading about it.

See my response about Black L12S above.

I'm making the Distro Plate to avoid custom hard tubes. The hard tubes will be limited to specific radiator and you can't loop in the GPU, the Distro Plate doesn't have these problems, it's just a superior solution. I'm not saying never, but it has to come after Distro Plate, and I don't have ETA.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I think wahaha must mobilize all his instruments to be able to fulfill the demand :) He may consider to have a deposit from the potential consumers and push up the production.
Maybe the main problem is material for this case..

CNC doesn't get economies of scale like Die Stamping. It doesn't matter how much quantity I order, the machine time per case is the same. So this case was never designed for mass production, or else I wouldn't have chosen CNC process.

I think if we mfg too many cases, factory will ask us to pay for *regular machine time cost instead of *excess machine time cost, which *might increase price to $280-$400 case.

Machine Time Cost and Labor cost will increase, so the CNC process for T1 will increase in cost over time. So this case might go up in price faster than other case for this reason as well.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
2020-04-19 Update: Distro Infinity

As I mentioned prior, I think the Distro Plate is a superior alternative to Custom hard tubes. The Distro Plate can work with existing tubes with minimal bends, and it can loop in GPU without complication.

Thanks to Metroversal for the photoshop work to help me illustrate the Distro Infinity Plate.

Thermo might help me prototype a E-Ink or LCD display where the Infinity Mirror is located. I like to show temps, fan speed and some info on that area. I want these stats to *float in the middle of the blackhole / void created by Infinity Mirror.

Last edited:

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
CNC doesn't get economies of scale like Die Stamping. It doesn't matter how much quantity I order, the machine time per case is the same. So this case was never designed for mass production, or else I wouldn't have chosen CNC process.

I think if we mfg too many cases, factory will ask us to pay for *regular machine time cost instead of *excess machine time cost, which *might increase price to $280-$400 case.

Machine Time Cost and Labor cost will increase, so the CNC process for T1 will increase in cost over time. So this case might go up in price faster than other case for this reason as well.

I understand that problems, patient will be good for us. But just in case, i'm ready to pay US$400 to get T1 before June :v. Hope everything gonna be okay soon.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com

Thanks to Metroversal for the photoshop work to help me illustrate the Distro Infinity Plate.

Thermo might help me prototype a E-Ink or LCD display where the Infinity Mirror is located. I like to show temps, fan speed and some info on that area. I want these stats to *float in the middle of the blackhole / void created by Infinity Mirror.
For my part, I'm not really a fan of the infinity mirror or rgb look.
But I'd be all in on an e-ink screen displaying essential data! ?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018

I like, a lot! Where can I throw money?

If your thinking of a screen please consider one of those supported by AIDA64.

It’s what I used here:

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
For my part, I'm not really a fan of the infinity mirror or rgb look.
But I'd be all in on an e-ink screen displaying essential data! ?
I like, a lot! Where can I throw money?

If your thinking of a screen please consider one of those supported by AIDA64.

It’s what I used here:

You two must be have a bromance, same comment and nice idea. <3

Reactions: Goatee