Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Splendor

Case Bender
New User
Apr 16, 2020
30mm it's still a tough and forced mount. I think it will clear 1/1.5mm more, so it will be ok mount the 28mm radiators.
I think 29mm is feasible with the KazeFlex 17mm without the rubber pad but will have already a bit of pressure.
30mm IMO is still too much, I've tried to fit an Hardware Labs 240LS, and was really "too big".
But I can try again! ?
Ok. if theres only a few mm to play with, I'll probably go the safer route and use the lt240 for the ease of mind. My plan is to connect the aio to a gpu block as OptimumTech did with his build and try to keep build relatively quiet. Is 1x15 + 1x25 for rad fans the way to go?

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Yeah, that option on the Gigabyte saved my ears! BTW, the BIOS in the Aorus 570 Itx allows you to have a Delta of only 3 seconds, and it was too low.

BUT, If you Install the GIgabyte Utility, you can push till 5 seconds, and works super good with the new Ryzen 3000 temperature spikes!
View attachment 546
if one doesn't mind additional software, there is also "Argus Monitor".
You can really dial in the fans and conditions there - and much more.
It doesn't look pretty, is basically free for 30 days and costs around 19$ for a three years licence (when it runs out, you can still use every version prior to the expiration date), but it's really powerful :)
Might be of interest for some: https://www.argusmonitor.com/en/index.php

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
if one doesn't mind additional software, there is also "Argus Monitor".
You can really dial in the fans and conditions there - and much more.
It doesn't look pretty, is basically free for 30 days and costs around 19$ for a three years licence (when it runs out, you can still use every version prior to the expiration date).
Might be of interest for some: https://www.argusmonitor.com/en/index.php
Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Gerold

ElToro

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 13, 2020
Just started putting together a new build with a 3900x and was looking to find the smallest case available. This looks to hit all the check marks. Now just patiently waiting on supply.

F7IN

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
I've never made my own post on here, only commented on this thread. I've linked the page of this thread where I first commented under the first post section of the reserve form, is this adequate?

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
Here's a universal one that's $75 USD. The one @Wahaha360 is designing is multilevel as well (channels on different planes) which I don't think has been done before. I expect more than a universal distro for sure.

I see. Good to know I wasn't far off, but a higher price can probably still be expected.

3dl1r

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 6, 2019
Well, i have just applied to the T1 reserve. I reside in Albania, which is in South East Europe but not in EU. Do you ship there?

Reactions: Wahaha360

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018
i need to check this more often... finally caught up! some late distro feedback (even though i probably wont get one lol): could we have some more renders of it on the case? part of me thinks it looks kinda weird- especially the mixed material ones. i do like that infinity mirror one though- on that.. has anyone actually tried loading the t1 with led strips yet? i know its heresy for most of us (myself included ?) but i kinda wonder how theyd look through the mesh panels.

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
Newegg has the ASUS Strix X570i and B450i motherboards available for order again. However, they are back ordered with slightly delayed shipping.

tinya

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 16, 2020
Hey guys, I am not in a rush to buy a new case right now, but once FormD-T1 is available I would definitely order one.

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
i need to check this more often... finally caught up! some late distro feedback (even though i probably wont get one lol): could we have some more renders of it on the case? part of me thinks it looks kinda weird- especially the mixed material ones. i do like that infinity mirror one though- on that.. has anyone actually tried loading the t1 with led strips yet? i know its heresy for most of us (myself included ?) but i kinda wonder how theyd look through the mesh panels.
I’ve seen on post on Reddit the other day that looks sick. I actually wanted to ask @Wahaha360 what he thought about using an airbrush and some Black 3.0 paint to darken the case to enhance the look. I don’t want to accidentally clog the mesh and limit airflow so I’d probably dilute the paint a bit.

Reactions: ExplodingWaffle101

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
with this situation, all package will be delay.. you better not order at this moment, unless you choose fedex or dhl..
If you are in the US, USPS has seen zero drop off in shipping speeds. I have had things clear customs faster than ever from oversees. The delay is going to be business based and dependent on what state the warehouse is located. Newegg for example has a few so just because a lot of their items are in CA, I get most of my stuff from Indiana. I just ordered the x570 itx and a R5 3600 and got them in two days to Ohio.

All of my water cooling parts came in from USPS within 2-3 days as well. At the moment unless you order from Amazon or a business specifically tells you there is a delay I wouldn't worry to much because these are "essential" businesses. Just pay attention to what the sites say

Last edited:
Reactions: kazuma86

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
totally, that's what I meant by conditions.
You can also set hysteresis to smooth out the reaction of the fan.
Heck you can do so much with it :D
It's not the only software that allows this btw, there are others like SpeedFan or HW Montior and so on.

Caedis

Cable Smoosher
Feb 18, 2020
If using nickel plated blocks, especially EK ones, running with distilled plus growth inhibitor, unfortunately, ruined the nickel on one of my builds. Ever since, just went with EK cryofuel for the convenience.

Also another suggestion: shave the metal "lip" that interferes with EVGA GM PSU. Had a similar issue with Sliger's SM PSU brackets. Pics to illustrate:

*Insert Yoda meme* There is another! And I think it may pull ahead of LT240 with 1x slim plus 1x full thickness fan. I'm trying this monstrosity:

Does anyone know if the PSU bracket will be adjusted to better accommodate EVGA power supplies?

I know there was a a problem where the lip of the switch would interfere with the bracket, but I don’t see anything listed under the T1V1.1 changes.

Xoroxronis

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2020
With Zen2 you want liquid cooling, believe me. I've got a 3700X and a Black Ridge with Noctua A9-14 in my Dan A4-SFX and it was driving me mad in idle. AMD's frequency scaling is so aggressive that you get temperature spikes and even with a late but aggressive fan curve it leads to constant ramping up and down of the fan. For now I am using a fixed frequency (downclocking still works luckily) to control it. But as soon as the LT240 arrives I'll move back to my NCase.
Thanks for all of the tips guys, I honestly appreciate it. But believe me, I spend hours on this topic. Limiting by PPT, PPT plus undervolting (yielding clock stretching) and it just did not bring the result I wanted. In the end, limiting the voltage and frequency ("manual OC") and living with the performance loss is my temporary fix.

Interesting. From my experience the small NH-L9a (with good airflow) is completely capable to cool the 3700X without any loss of performance and also with silence. I have a thing with noise and is always my first priority.

Also great tips here for fine tuning, just to add, if it's not mentioned already, the importance of using the latest bios and the latest chipset drivers with these Ryzens.
To give an example i have my B450-I from mid 2018, first with 2600 and then with 3700X, i have used every bios that came out from the first release. All the bios for the Ryzen 3000 before the latest one are driving (default settings) the 3700X out of AMD specs (around 15W more power)!.

As an old user of Argus, can confirm that is a great software, but i think for new users and not complicated fan setups, the provided utilities or bios are also fine.

Reactions: jason.jensen