Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I don't see the reason why with the EK you have to drop the F12. You can do exactly the same, mounted in the same exact way. ;)
Maybe OT's video influenced me too much at this point ?
You are right!

Edited my original post.

@fabio
Was wondering about one thing tho:
So for the F12 to be able to be mounted, the bracket needs to be between radiator and fan, but with 2 slim fans, both fans and radiator will be above the brackets.
My understanding is, that the bracket between fan and radiator will give you some static pressure loss, while a fan directly mounted on the radiator (preferably with a rubber shroud) will have optimal static pressure and air distribution across the radiator surface area.

Last edited:

BubbleM

What's an ITX?
New User
Mar 10, 2020
2020-04-15 Update: T1 Reserve Survey

Due to the supply limitation of the T1, we are considering a reserve for people that have followed the project for a long time. So this survey is for collecting information to help us identify seniority, which help me determine how much inventory to hold for senior followers.
Sad news for me. I've been just tracking the thread for a few months. Never wrote one.

Reactions: Alexbattle

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio I was thinking about your build. Have you considered 2x slim fans on the outside of the radiator, and 1x full size fan on the inside underneath PSU?
Actaully I don't, but I am very confident it will not change! The push pull has effect with ticker radiators. This is a 27mm, probably the core will be something like 19/20mm, 16FPI. Even the F12 seems overkill to me! ?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Wow I wake up and there's like 10 new pages of posts... I guess I just shouldn't sleep lol

So I've been doing research between reading almost every single post on this thread and going through the measurements on different mfg.websites and I was hoping someone here could give me some input on this part list.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($138.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Royal 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($137.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card ($584.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($151.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap 63.27 CFM 120 mm Fan ($22.90)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A12X15 PWM CHROMAX.BLACK.SWAP 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fan (Purchased For $25.50)
Custom: Formd T1 ($200.00)
Total: $1637.30

I'm also considering waiting to see what B550 motherboards might be available given the lead time I will probably have between now and actual final build time. So I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that topic.
You're gonna have a hard time getting that H60 in there in 3 slot mode with that RAM. I have basically the same build you have, and I had to run the tubes of my AIO over the RAM to make it fit. If I was you, I'd get some corsair LPX RAM, so you have room for the tubes. You might be able to make it fit with that taller RAM, but I wouldn't bet on it. Better safe than sorry in these small builds.

Raneron

Efficiency Noob
Mar 26, 2020
As a lurker i have to say im complitly fine with the decision to give some cases to activ members earlier. Im here to check for updates every single day but lurking because of my limited knowledge about parts, cooling etc. and i'm not so confident with my english skills.
If activ members get a case, i would say, its more likely that they post new content for all of us(!!!), find difficulties and tell about their problems / solutions to improve the case, as a lurker who only waits for availability to lurk than again.

From this point i can say its okay to get a case later but i want to have content from the lucky ones pls :D

Hwooter

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 14, 2020
Ahhh, haven't posted anything. Just been lurking for a long time on Reddit, Youtube and SFF. I would be very interested in getting my hands on this case, but totally understandable during these weird times. Really appreciate the work and the design and aesthetic of this case!

rchetal

Trash Compacter
May 30, 2017
Love to see the progress made so far! I apologize for not posting earlier I've been watching the project since the OptimumTech video introduced me to it, but I've been an active member of the SFFN community since the S4-Mini came out a few years ago and I absolutely love the design and I've been looking for a suitable upgrade to watercool my rig in.Thank you for all your work in this project!

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I got that message too! And it was the first time I clicked today. I was able to access it first thing in the morning.

So basically, @Wahaha360 crashed SFF network forums when the optimumtech video dropped, and now he's crashed Google's servers. Bravo! XD

It will take alot more to crash google than a survey with 90 responses as of this post

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Wow I wake up and there's like 10 new pages of posts... I guess I just shouldn't sleep lol

You're gonna have a hard time getting that H60 in there in 3 slot mode with that RAM. I have basically the same build you have, and I had to run the tubes of my AIO over the RAM to make it fit. If I was you, I'd get some corsair LPX RAM, so you have room for the tubes. You might be able to make it fit with that taller RAM, but I wouldn't bet on it. Better safe than sorry in these small builds.

Slacker, sleep is for suckers

osi1

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2020
Finally i managed to fill out the survey.

Simply opened the link via mobile phone and it worked.

Don't know why google blocked my DSL IP ??‍♂️

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Still working on getting links for some of the highlights about the case, but I'll have to do a bunch of formatting unless you just want to click links all day. Anyway, while reading the thread from the beginning @thobart bought the LT240 from here. Might be worth checking out for some other people in the US if the typical spots are sold out.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Froqqy

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 15, 2020
Great work with this case. Can't wait untill it can be shipped for EU countries. I'm for sure going to buy this one asap ! I have followed the threat for some time.
Still a little uncertain what cooling loop to go with. Really like the thought of a 240 custom loop. End result looks awesome. I'm fairly new to custom water cooling, and might need some guidens. The custom looped T1 builds i'v found at SFF.net most commonly both has CPU+GPU in their loop. I was thinking to do a CPU loop only, though it might be hard to obtain an ideal case airflow. i know AC makes their LT240 as recommended for the T1, but i don't like the look of it. I'm also aware the GPU can get fairly hot with air cooling, but i wont go Titan or anything in that caliber anyway.

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020

How thick are the tubes on the H60 if you wouldn’t mind me asking? Those dimms are 45mm tall leaving me with round about 5-6 mm clearance.

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Still working on getting links for some of the highlights about the case, but I'll have to do a bunch of formatting unless you just want to click links all day. Anyway, while reading the thread from the beginning @thobart bought the LT240 from here. Might be worth checking out for some other people in the US if the typical spots are sold out.
I was going to buy from there but the reviews of the site online were not favorable. It would be nice if anyone from here could recommend that site.

Welp nevermind you already said @thobart did

Chaca

Caliper Novice
Mar 23, 2020
I don't remember seeing pricing mentioned anywhere for the distro plate, which is understandable since it's only in a concept phase.

But, could anyone with more experience in watercooling components, provide me with an estimate of what the distroplate might cost?

50€, 100€? I have no idea ?

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Commenting again because no one took me up on it that I saw and that was like 40 pages ago so no one will see it now lol

I’m reading back through everything again. Some people have said the Accelero 3 will fit with slim fans, but nothing about the Morpheus.

mfmunh

Chassis Packer
Apr 15, 2020
been following this since Feb and didnt opt in for the test shipping because I didnt feel like I qualified, now I'm less qualified for not making an account then.
shout out to all the active members though, I've been checking this thread daily and learning from yall.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I’m reading back through everything again. Some people have said the Accelero 3 will fit with slim fans, but nothing about the Morpheus.
I think there was one post stating, that the Morpheus won't fit with 15mm fans.
In the post was also an estimated measurement of how much thinner it would need to be, I don't remember it tho.