Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

osi1

Cable Smoosher
Feb 5, 2020
Me too, can't access the survey ?

Same error message.

Tried it with different ips, browsers and device. Always got the error.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
So I've been doing research between reading almost every single post on this thread and going through the measurements on different mfg.websites and I was hoping someone here could give me some input on this part list.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($174.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($79.98 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix B450-I Gaming Mini ITX AM4 Motherboard ($138.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Royal 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory ($137.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($119.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER 8 GB STRIX GAMING Advanced Video Card ($584.99 @ Best Buy)
Power Supply: Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular SFX Power Supply ($151.98 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax.black.swap 63.27 CFM 120 mm Fan ($22.90)
Case Fan: Noctua NF-A12X15 PWM CHROMAX.BLACK.SWAP 55.44 CFM 120 mm Fan (Purchased For $25.50)
Custom: Formd T1 ($200.00)
Total: $1637.30

I'm also considering waiting to see what B550 motherboards might be available given the lead time I will probably have between now and actual final build time. So I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on that topic.
With a Corsair H60 you won't need a slim fan.
Also you should look at the NF-F12 instead of the NF-S12A.
Even better would be to wait for the NF-A12x25 chromax and get 2 of those.
Other than that, the list looks solid.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
@fabio I was thinking about your build. Have you considered 2x slim fans on the outside of the radiator, and 1x full size fan on the inside underneath PSU?

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@fabio I was thinking about your build. Have you considered 2x slim fans on the outside of the radiator, and 1x full size fan on the inside underneath PSU?
I may already asked that @fabio .
If I remember correctly, someone replied, that the static pressure wouldn't benefit more, than having less noise with fans under the radiator, but don't quote me on that.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Which 'Aluminium Side Panel' is meant in the survey?
Just a solidone or the horizontal stripes one seen in the renders?

And will we see that and the two tone kit aside from renders before purchasing?

Aluminum panel is the horizontal stripe one.

There will be some sort of Two Tone media coverage before it goes on sale.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Wow, with this post. I know how you replied any question about this case.. great.

Just wanna help out as many people as I can. If people are interested I can try and get together a list of the most useful posts people have made and make a post here. I might have to go back and find some post because I saved things that would help my future build (3slot config and 240aio). Might take a bit to get the list together, and a couple cups of coffee.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Maybe it will benefit thermals more to have some sort of rubber shroud between fans and radiator, depending on the radiator thikness. Also the fans under the radiator of course, what will also help with routing the tubing.

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Just wanna help out as many people as I can. If people are interested I can try and get together a list of the most useful posts people have made and make a post here. I might have to go back and find some post because I saved things that would help me future build (3slot config and 240aio). Might take a bit to get the list together, and a couple cups of coffee.

I can only give you thumbs up for your activity, that will be great for others too.. waiting with snack in the corners.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Caedis

Cable Smoosher
Feb 18, 2020
Has anyone tried the "quick disconnect method" to fill their small form factor loop? Optimum Tech mentioned it in one of his videos that he was waiting for specific quick disconnects to try it out but then ended up not doing it.

I assume it works by having two sets of disconnects, one in your loop and then the other set attached the reservoir. You attached the reservoir and fill up the loop normally, then you disconnect the reservoir and reattach the two ends of the quick disconnects. Completely filled and bleed loop without needing to have a reservoir permanently in your system.

Anyone have any tips or advice about whether to use this method?

deepsheet

Case Bender
New User
Mar 20, 2020
2020-04-15 Update: T1 Reserve Survey

Due to the supply limitation of the T1, we are considering a reserve for people that have followed the project for a long time. So this survey is for collecting information to help us identify seniority, which help me determine how much inventory to hold for senior followers.

I guess there's no chance for a new follower to get in for the first batch.

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Chromax NF-A12x25? When will those be released? They're gonna sell like crazy I'd assume haha

And @aexeq

They won't be released any time soon.

I already got in contact with noctua last year because of that.
And as I already expected they told me that ist'n not just changing colors.

The NF-F12x25 has just 0.5mm of clearance between blades and frame. And the special plastic the need to achieve that can not be colored black in an easy way by adding black "paint" cause that changes.. well just everything (different material behaviour in general).

So... I would NOT wait for it...F12x25 might never reach the market in a black version..

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Chromax NF-A12x25? When will those be released? They're gonna sell like crazy I'd assume haha
The last statement I found was a YT comment saying, that noctua plans a release in Q1 2020, but that obviously hasn't happened yet. It could be very soon, but could also take until end of the year. I would suspect a release this year, but nactua proofed to take quite a long time to release some stuff.

Noctua showed a prototype at Computex last year.
Of course, repainting their Sterrox material isn't a thing, so another colour takes much longer.
We may need to contact Noctua again, to get reliable information.

I guess there's no chance for a new follower to get in for the first batch.
I would't be too concerned right now, because it was already stated, that @Wahaha360 needs numbers for producing batches.
I guess he will make sure to get the T1 to as much people in the survey as possible.

Last edited:

MisterJester

Caliper Novice
Apr 15, 2020
The last statement I found was a YT comment saying, that noctua plans a release in Q1 2020, but that obviously hasn't happened yet. It could be very soon, but could also take until end of the year. I would
With a Corsair H60 you won't need a slim fan.
Also you should look at the NF-F12 instead of the NF-S12A.
Even better would be to wait for the NF-A12x25 chromax and get 2 of those.
Other than that, the list looks solid.

I plan to run the H60 for now and grab the distro-plate for a custom-loop if I decide to upgrade to Ryzen 4XXX/Nvidia RTX 3XXX down the line. I figured using the thin fan from now won't hamper the performance of the 3600 while also leaving me with more usable parts for future builds.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I plan to run the H60 for now and grab the distro-plate for a custom-loop if I decide to upgrade to Ryzen 4XXX/Nvidia RTX 3XXX down the line. I figured using the thin fan from now won't hamper the performance of the 3600 while also leaving me with more usable parts for future builds.
If that is your intetion, I suggest getting one NF-A12x15 and one NF-F12 if you want to build with the LT240 or EK Classic SE 240 for example.
If you want to use something like the EK Classic SE 240, I would get two NF-A12x15.
If you have poor cable management, two NF-A12x15 may work better for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
If that is your intetion, I suggest getting one NF-A12x15 and one NF-F12 if you want to build with the LT240.
If you want to use something like the EK Classic SE 240, I would get two NF-A12x15.
I don't see the reason why with the EK you have to drop the F12. You can do exactly the same, mounted in the same exact way. ;)

Reactions: DrHudacris