Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
You didn't link the correct one. That's the Eisbaer 240, not the Eisbaer LT240, comes with with a 30mm radiator and a pump that has tubing the most likely wont fit. Now you can change it out for 90 degrees and maybe it will but I'm doubting it and the radiator "won't" fit. I've been looking for the LT240 for a few weeks in the US and no one has had any stock. I'm sure they will come back within a few months.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
You didn't link the correct one. That's the Eisbaer 240, not the Eisbaer LT240, comes with with a 30mm radiator and a pump that has tubing the most likely wont fit. Now you can change it out for 90 degrees and maybe it will but I'm doubting it and the radiator "won't" fit. I've been looking for the LT240 for a few weeks in the US and no one has had any stock. I'm sure they will come back within a few months.

My bad. Maybe check the Canadian sites. I found plenty north of the border

Reactions: pwnedundies

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Yeah all the LT240 sold out in UK as well. Looks like stock was meant to come back in 2 weeks ago but hasn't showed up yet. Another Covid-19 victim unfortunately.

I don't know too much about watercooling and I want this to be my first custom loop. Does anyone know if there'd be any issue with the Alphacool Eisblock ES Acetal for GPU block and if it's usually possible to make one of the fittings face downwards? I think it could be a very clean install compared to standard GPU blocks

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I ordered from Digi-Key. I use them a bunch for other stuff and they're reliable.
Cable already shipped and should be here tomorrow. Will share some pictures when I install.

IIRC, the ones on Digikey are 250mm including the ends, which makes them too short. fabio is likely using the 300mm that comes with A4-SFX.

The 300mm long 3M cable needed is not a standard part. Maybe it will work, do let me know. I'm kind of curious.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
IIRC, the ones on Digikey are 250mm including the ends, which makes them too short. fabio is likely using the 300mm that comes with A4-SFX.

The 300mm long 3M cable needed is not a standard part. Maybe it will work, do let me know. I'm kind of curious.
Actually I was using the 250, but is super tigh. You need to bend it super close to the ends. As I’ve said, the 300mm in general is a better choice!

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Well... it is avoidable. At least to make it inaudible to human ears.

Like Magicool did with their DCP450.
All three units I did builds with are totally inaudible out of the box.
You can literally hear nothing even with your ear right next to the pump.

No comparison to any DDC or D5 I ever used.

So saying it's unavoidable is just not right :)

Edit: The only thing I would do, using a DCP450 is to replace the original o-rings with better versions. Some people reported issues with the original rings.
My experience is with the NZXT Kraken X52 and the Corsair H60
The Kraken was inaudible, even when putting my ear to the case, running at it's slowest speed, 60%. When it started to ramp up past 80% you could hear a bit of whine coming from the pump, but it wasn't terrible and in my experience there was no reason to run it over 80%.
The H60 on the other hand is a lot more difficult. It has no PWM or DC control, and runs at 100% all the time. There is no whine coming from it, but there does sound like there is a bit of air in the pump that is making noise.
With my experiences and those in this thread, a pump will be mostly silent if you get one with some amount of control.

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
With my experiences and those in this thread, a pump will be mostly silent if you get one with some amount of control.

True.
Imho the DCP450 is an exception. It's not controllable, so the pump is always at 100%. It's cheap an yet... inaudible.
Ofc there is no premium feeling at all with the DCP... with all the plastic and acryl.
A D5 looks way better!

Having a controllable pump makes things a lot easier in most of the cases.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Do you have any specific sites? I know amazon.ca had like 10 in stock sold by alphacool but they weren't shipping to the US at the time I was looking.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Nemeses

Cable Smoosher
Jun 17, 2018
To my knowledge no one has attempted putting an SFX-L in the T1. 180 flipped is totally a no-go, but in standard orientation, rough calculation assuming 50mm rad + fan under the PSU leaves you 20-25 mm for the cables. So it's in the realm of extremely difficult, and barely feasible. Which looks to be right up your alley XD

Yeah 20-25mm is feasible if I have custom cables made that use 90 degree pins.
This will definitely be the first thing to figure out. Worst case, I'd use the SF750 and run the 2080Ti's undervolted with power restrictions.

claybot999

Cable Smoosher
Feb 20, 2020
I've tried that route also, it did not allow the option for shipping to the US. I'm in the same boat as @pwnedunies. I'm have most of my parts for my future T1 build except cooling options. So hopefully they come back into stock before the T1 is available.