Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
My Great and Mediocre Experience, so far...

The Good

Inspired by @fabio and his insane builds, I decided to try and get my hands on a T1.
While I always intended to buy one, the preorder delays have made it difficult for people not in China.
Luckily, I have a close friend that lives in China and managed to secure a case for me via the QQ group and FedEx it to the US.

This case is truly incredible. The thought that went into the design and the shear quality of manufacturing made it a joy to build in.
It is, hands down, the BEST and highest quality SFF case there is. I would think the NCASE M1 is a close second.

I have a very similar build to @fabio.
Spec:
  • Ryzen 9 3950X
  • ASUS ROG Strix X570-i
  • Radeon RX5700XT
  • EKWB Magnitude CPU Block
  • EKWB Radeon GPU Block
  • EKWB 240mm Rad
  • DC-LT with Eisstation
While I'm no stranger to SFF, this is my first custom loop ever. The 5700XT is great for gaming. I would've used my WX8200 but unfortunately there is not water block support for it, that I know of. Maybe I will go the NVIDIA route down the route to a Titan or Quadro card for my modeling work.
@fabio thank you for your posts and incredible out-of-the-box thinking. I likely would not have made the jump into this case as quickly as I did had I not seen what it was capable of.

The Bad
Eager to get everything together, I assembled the entire PC in the case.
Looking back, I DEFINITELY should've bench tested everything.

Unfortunately it seems like my riser cable is dead. No video even though the computer POSTs.
Tested with the Ghost S1 riser and video outputs properly but the GPU side of the cable is a bit taller than the ADT so it doesn't fit in the case.

So now, I'm unfortunately stuck. Lead times to get anything from Amazon have become extremely long and I don't have another source for the ADT riser.

Does anyone have a spare, or a good source for them? I'd love to get one so I can start using the machine!

Does your friend need another friend? I’ll be his friend.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
My Great and Mediocre Experience, so far...

The Good

Inspired by @fabio and his insane builds, I decided to try and get my hands on a T1.
While I always intended to buy one, the preorder delays have made it difficult for people not in China.
Luckily, I have a close friend that lives in China and managed to secure a case for me via the QQ group and FedEx it to the US.

This case is truly incredible. The thought that went into the design and the shear quality of manufacturing made it a joy to build in.
It is, hands down, the BEST and highest quality SFF case there is. I would think the NCASE M1 is a close second.

I have a very similar build to @fabio.
Spec:
  • Ryzen 9 3950X
  • ASUS ROG Strix X570-i
  • Radeon RX5700XT
  • EKWB Magnitude CPU Block
  • EKWB Radeon GPU Block
  • EKWB 240mm Rad
  • DC-LT with Eisstation
While I'm no stranger to SFF, this is my first custom loop ever. The 5700XT is great for gaming. I would've used my WX8200 but unfortunately there is not water block support for it, that I know of. Maybe I will go the NVIDIA route down the route to a Titan or Quadro card for my modeling work.
@fabio thank you for your posts and incredible out-of-the-box thinking. I likely would not have made the jump into this case as quickly as I did had I not seen what it was capable of.

The Bad
Eager to get everything together, I assembled the entire PC in the case.
Looking back, I DEFINITELY should've bench tested everything.

Unfortunately it seems like my riser cable is dead. No video even though the computer POSTs.
Tested with the Ghost S1 riser and video outputs properly but the GPU side of the cable is a bit taller than the ADT so it doesn't fit in the case.

So now, I'm unfortunately stuck. Lead times to get anything from Amazon have become extremely long and I don't have another source for the ADT riser.

Does anyone have a spare, or a good source for them? I'd love to get one so I can start using the machine!

Despite your problem, thats a great build! All black tubing and a custom loop look amazing in this case, almost makes me want to do one.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio any chance you can find that info on your case?
@biggieprollz
This is the riser included! R33SF-TU of 20CM! BUT, as suggested, these are Gen3 riser, you have to try to force your motherboard to use the PCIe slot at Gen3.

Here the link.

But you can try also the Link-UP Ultra 4.0, they say it's certified for the Gen4. (I am confident that the 25cm will work here, but maybe take the 30cm to be sure! :D)

Or the 3M, that it's an amazing riser that it Gen4 compatible (Only 25cm, so it's a super tight fit - I just placed them closer)

Here a picture of the 3M and the Included one
IMG_2569.jpg

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Will catch up on questions later, trying to get Distro Plate done today.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
@fabio
What radiator would you suggest me buying, if I would use the pump the same way you did?
I'm speaking about a full custom loop at this point.

In theory it should be possible to do push/pull with the slim noctuas on the PSU side, what do you guys think?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
There is no reason to push/pull on a SLIM radiator. And in general the 25mm Fans are more effective and silent!

My suggestion is to use 1 Slim + 1 25mm Fan, or 2 Slim Fans (Will be a bit louder and maybe 2 degrees warmer).

About the Radiator: The EKWB Classic 240 is the only one I've tried, and I recommend it!

Maybe will be worth it to try also the 28mm, like the EKWB CoolStream 240 or the Swiftech 240 Hydrae GT!

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Thx man, I guess I'll check my local shop (Alternate) for good deals and see if something is may also be a great fit!

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
So I just checked and the EK-CoolStream Classic SE seems to be the best option for me.

Also I wonder if the ports from the pump are enough to fill/bleed/drain the loop, or if a dedicated T part makes my life a whole lot easier.

Note for SSFN staff: I can't edit yet, so I have to double/triple post at some point.

Reactions: bynio and fabio