Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Hi,
how much space is there for a 2,5" HDD?
I'm in need for a new one at the moment and it would be nice if it could fit in the T1.
The Seagate I'm thinking about has a height of 15,5 mm .

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Hi,
I'm in need for a new one at the moment and it would be nice if it could fit in the T1.
there is no space for a 2,5" HDD, only for a 2,5" SSD. HDDs are too thick. I hoped for my 4TB Barracuda to fit, but nope.

Hardly

Chassis Packer
Nov 26, 2019
Hi!
I recieved my case a little while ago with the test shipping but have unfortunately not got around to builing in it yet due to school. Just now am I getting round to it but thought I would ask for some advice first!

I'm installing a 2,5 slot gpu, 2x120mm fans and a 48mm CPU air cooler like in the picture and with the CPU cooler fins in the direction of the red lines.

Now my question is, how should i orient the case, PSU and fans (intake/exhaust) for best cooling performance? If anyone has some advice on this I would be very thankful! Cheers! :)

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi,
there is no space for a 2,5" HDD, only for a 2,5" SSD. HDDs are too thick. I hoped for my 4TB Barracuda to fit, but nope.
If the HDD is the same thickness as a typical 2.5" SSD, then it will fit. But as I outlined in my review of the case, if you have a straight (flat) SATA power cable, the bracket for the 2.5" drive will have to be bent to allow the cable to pass through, without snapping off the connector on the drive.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Hi!
I recieved my case a little while ago with the test shipping but have unfortunately not got around to builing in it yet due to school. Just now am I getting round to it but thought I would ask for some advice first!

I'm installing a 2,5 slot gpu, 2x120mm fans and a 48mm CPU air cooler like in the picture and with the CPU cooler fins in the direction of the red lines.

Now my question is, how should i orient the case, PSU and fans (intake/exhaust) for best cooling performance? If anyone has some advice on this I would be very thankful! Cheers! :)
For you, I recommend flipping the PSU 180 degrees using the included bracket, and having the case in the flipped position so the 120mm fans are exhausting the hot air out of the case more effectively. They will also take the hot air from the PSU and exhaust it out better as well if you flip the PSU.

Hardly

Chassis Packer
Nov 26, 2019
For you, I recommend flipping the PSU 180 degrees using the included bracket, and having the case in the flipped position so the 120mm fans are exhausting the hot air out of the case more effectively. They will also take the hot air from the PSU and exhaust it out better as well if you flip the PSU.
Okay, thanks for the reply! My only concern then is that, atleast in my head it just feels like the cooling of CPU and GPU would be more effective with the big fans as intakes, blasting fresh air directly at the heatsinks, instead of "indirectly" pulling air through the heatsinks. I dont know if this makes sense, like physics-wise, its just a feeling i have lol. Have you or anyone else here in the forum tested and compared different aircooling setups like this, I've mostly seen watercooled builds? @Navic

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Okay, thanks for the reply! My only concern then is that, atleast in my head it just feels like the cooling of CPU and GPU would be more effective with the big fans as intakes, blasting fresh air directly at the heatsinks, instead of "indirectly" pulling air through the heatsinks. I dont know if this makes sense, like physics-wise, its just a feeling i have lol. Have you or anyone else here in the forum tested and compared different aircooling setups like this, I've mostly seen watercooled builds? @Navic
If you have them as intake, then the fans on the CPU and GPU will be fighting the case fans for air, as they are blowing the air they want away from them. OptimumTech has done some testing on this and found that it is best to run fans as exhaust in sandwich-style cases, as it helps the air that the CPU and GPU need flow better towards them (because it's accelerating the air intake from the sides) as well as exhausting all of the hot air in the case away from the fans, so as the heat doesn't get trapped inside the case.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
The most effective air cooler (in 2 Slot GPU) is the Noctua L12S for Noise/Performance reason.

After this there are the Scythe Big Shuriken 3 and at the end (only for the mounting system only from the back) there is the BlackRidge + 120mm SLIM Fan on top.

I've tried yesterday to have 2 fans in intake (they are paced on a radiator, BUT, the principle is the same). The results are worse than having the fan in Exhaust.

In any case, anytime soon, the air inside the case will be hot, and have to be exhausted somehow!

The side mesh panel works very well to allow the fans to suck air in. But at the opposite, seems there is no enough pressure to allows the hot air to escape through them with the fans in intake mode.

SO, my suggestion in ANY case is:

CPU cooler - INTAKE AIR
TOP fans - EXHAUST

In addition of what @Navic just said of course.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Hi!

SORRY, never mind, I read later which was the question. I gave you the wrong answer! :D

About the CPU Cooler fins, It depends from the cooler you choose and the platform INTEL or AMD (Apart the Asrock X570 ITX that is an AMD Motherboards with the INTEL mounting system...)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Is anyone of you test shipping candidates building a 3950x system on air by any chance?
Would love to know what it can do in this case :)
Well, if you watch one of the latest Optimum Tech videos, there is your answer! BTW, at stock, the L12s can keep the 3900X cool, I've test it personally. If you decrease a bit the PPT/TDC/EDC, the 3950X can be cooled pretty well, and you have only a 5% of lost in performance! GO FOR IT! :)

Last edited:

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
Well, if you watch one of the latest Optimum Tech videos, there is your answer! BTW, at stock, the L12s can keep the 3900X cool, I've test it personally. If you decrease a bit the PPT/TDC/EDC, the 3950X can be cooled pretty well, and you have only a 5% of lost in performance! GO FOR IT! :)
Just watched it. Looks really promising yes!
As I don't really need to OC it anyways, this will work just fine.
Can't wait to give it a try :D

Reactions: DrHudacris

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Do I read the data sheet correctly?

Having the case flipped and using the LT 240 a graphics card can still be up to 140mm in height?

@fabio
Did you measure the dimensions of the pump/reservoir combination you are using?
In case you already postet length and width and hight of the combination I'm sorry for asking...

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

Having the case flipped and using the LT 240 a graphics card can still be up to 140mm in height?

Yes, the height of GPU is not affected by any radiator or fan, as they are mounted underneath (or above if you flip the case)

Reactions: Cronos83

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

@fabio
Did you measure the dimensions of the pump/reservoir combination you are using?
In case you already postet length and width and hight of the combination I'm sorry for asking...
Which one? :D

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
That's is true, I know of some local manufacturers here in the UK. Would it be a plan to try and get say 50 unit made and shipped to people in Europe and America ?

Thanks again,

This pandemic has hit alot of companies hard.

@Wahaha360 is the boss, he can answer that question.

Based on what I am hearing, shipping is also backlogged too.

Until everything calms down, I wouldn't count on anything besides some good entertainment, a good meal, bad news until maybe July and a nice bottle of scotch to make us forget this shit storm.