Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
@Wahaha360 Did you end up shipping the power buttons?

I used about a third (less than 350ml) of an Alphacool CKC Coolant 1000ml bottle.

If going with distilled water, yes you should buy the additive.
So the refill kits for the eisbaer come with just osmosis water/distilled water. Do you think it is fine to add the CKC without draining the loop first? I'm using the included tubing for now but connected at gpu block. I was going to just use their eiswasser because i think that's whats intially in the loop because I couldn't find anything that stated otherwise.

Reactions: PBJ

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
@Brude27 could you by any chance please tell me what's the overall weight of your system?
I'm planning on building a sturdy carry-on system for freelance motion design work. It'd get moved on a weekly basis then. Do you think this would be feasible?

Last edited:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@Brude27 could you by any chance please tell me what's the overall weight of your system?
I'm planning on building a sturdy carry-on system for freelance motion design work. It'd get moved on a weekly basis then. Do you think this would be feasible?

My system weighs 13.3 lbs, but I'm with Ali from Optimum Tech in feeling that this case is too nice to get all scratched up in a backpack. Also, even though it's surprisingly sturdy, I'd worry about the mesh getting messed up in a bag as well. If you had a pelican case or something like it with foam that the case fits inside of perfectly, then you'd be fine... but ANYTHING should be fine inside one of those things, haha.

Reactions: Gerold

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I bought the case from the QQ group. It shipped in 2 days. There are more than 300 people in the QQ group and I suspect one dude probably has many accounts cuz I recognize one of the guys in the QQ group as a taobao sff reseller who already has the t1 posted on his taobao page.

Also, the case is great, just 240aio mounting is weird and my cable management is bad. Overall the case is great and the front square pane looks like something that I can spray paint so I plan on spray painting it silver or something.

Also, the power button that I got is rly weird. If this is gonna be the actual power button I reccomend people buy another one because the current power buttons I got are the old kind that to power them you have to tighten a screw on wire which is really janky and I find it unreliable as it keeps on disconnecting when I try to put the power button in the case.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
So the refill kits for the eisbaer come with just osmosis water/distilled water. Do you think it is fine to add the CKC without draining the loop first? I'm using the included tubing for now but connected at gpu block. I was going to just use their eiswasser because i think that's whats intially in the loop because I couldn't find anything that stated otherwise.
The eiswasser (CKC) is what they recommend to fill (refill) the Eisbaer with, so you’ll be fine in that regard.

I’m thinking it will be tricky adding a GPU block without draining first or maybe you mean something else. Sorry if I didn’t understand you correctly.

Gerold

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 19, 2020
www.instagram.com
My system weighs 13.3 lbs, but I'm with Ali from Optimum Tech in feeling that this case is too nice to get all scratched up in a backpack. Also, even though it's surprisingly sturdy, I'd worry about the mesh getting messed up in a bag as well. If you had a pelican case or something like it with foam that the case fits inside of perfectly, then you'd be fine... but ANYTHING should be fine inside one of those things, haha.

Ah yeah, totally good point. Need to find a backpack in the size, which I can mod with cushioning then :D

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
I bought the case from the QQ group. It shipped in 2 days. There are more than 300 people in the QQ group and I suspect one dude probably has many accounts cuz I recognize one of the guys in the QQ group as a taobao sff reseller who already has the t1 posted on his taobao page.

Also, the case is great, just 240aio mounting is weird and my cable management is bad. Overall the case is great and the front square pane looks like something that I can spray paint so I plan on spray painting it silver or something.

Also, the power button that I got is rly weird. If this is gonna be the actual power button I reccomend people buy another one because the current power buttons I got are the old kind that to power them you have to tighten a screw on wire which is really janky and I find it unreliable as it keeps on disconnecting when I try to put the power button in the case.
Please check my DM for you, I'm from Indonesia.. so I dont have QQ account, also i'm asking my friend to buy this case.. :'(

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
The eiswasser (CKC) is what they recommend to fill (refill) the Eisbaer with, so you’ll be fine in that regard.

I’m thinking it will be tricky adding a GPU block without draining first or maybe you mean something else. Sorry if I didn’t understand you correctly.
No need to be sorry. There's so many different water-cooling components. It's a tad overwhelming. This will be my first go at it and since the eisbaer has quick disconnects I'm going to use those. I'm building in the Sliger sm580 and when I can get this case I'll switch out the tubing and fittings.

This is the coolant and tubing I picked up

Now I can still get this but unless I drain the loop which kinda defeats the quick disconnects bit not entirely OR can I just mix them without draining. Because the extension kits comes with just the osmosis water I was planing to just stick with that

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
No need to be sorry. There's so many different water-cooling components. It's a tad overwhelming. This will be my first go at it and since the eisbaer has quick disconnects I'm going to use those. I'm building in the Sliger sm580 and when I can get this case I'll switch out the tubing and fittings.

This is the coolant and tubing I picked up

Now I can still get this but unless I drain the loop which kinda defeats the quick disconnects bit not entirely OR can I just mix them without draining. Because the extension kits comes with just the osmosis water I was planing to just stick with that

Maybe when the osmosis water is mixed with the coolant already in the eisbaer, it’ll be enough to prevent growth. But honestly I wouldn’t know. Perhaps someone here with more knowledge can chime in?

If I’d have to guess, I don’t think that Alphacool would sell a kit intended for the Eisbaer that would damage it.

Reactions: pwnedundies

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
@Wahaha360 Did you end up shipping the power buttons?

I used about a third (less than 350ml) of an Alphacool CKC Coolant 1000ml bottle.

If going with distilled water, yes you should buy the additive.
I ended up ordering some of Corsair's new clear coolant off of Amazon because it was the most available and decent priced. Has anyone tried it?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I ended up ordering some of Corsair's new clear coolant off of Amazon because it was the most available and decent priced. Has anyone tried it?

Cryofuel clear? Yes I used it in 3 builds (2 active). My disassembled build had no issues with any of the components.

That being said, the one time I ran straight distilled water with biocide, I had issues with tarnishing the nickel plating on an EK block. I've heard the nickel plating on EK products are not the best, nonetheless, I will personally stick to pre-mixed coolants.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I looked into it and Mayhems is the manufacturer for the Corsair Hydro X Coolant which as I understand, is pretty damn good.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Suggestion to @Wahaha360
Could there be a cuttout on the PSU and 180° flip bracket to allow AIO tubes to pass through without having to go to a slim fan? Because right now that's the only thing preventing me from flipping my PSU. When I try to use it, the bracket pushes the tubes into the fan. Could this cutout possibly be implemented in future revisions without compromising the structural integrity of the bracket?

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
I looked into it and Mayhems is the manufacturer for the Corsair Hydro X Coolant which as I understand, is pretty damn good.
That's good to know. Thanks! It should be pretty good then. I'm excited to try it out. My edpm tubes get here Monday and the coolant Thursday.

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
Cryofuel clear? Yes I used it in 3 builds (2 active). My disassembled build had no issues with any of the components.

That being said, the one time I ran straight distilled water with biocide, I had issues with tarnishing the nickel plating on an EK block. I've heard the nickel plating on EK products are not the best, nonetheless, I will personally stick to pre-mixed coolants.
I meant Corsair's Hydro X coolant.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Suggestion to @Wahaha360
Could there be a cuttout on the PSU and 180° flip bracket to allow AIO tubes to pass through without having to go to a slim fan? Because right now that's the only thing preventing me from flipping my PSU. When I try to use it, the bracket pushes the tubes into the fan. Could this cutout possibly be implemented in future revisions without compromising the structural integrity of the bracket?

Update: everything should fit now