Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
im using the Quadro NVLink for a 3 slot setup. Also have a cpaine burfication card I will be using in the T1.

So curiious to see your solution! I think the case strout on the GPU side will block the 90 degrees riser needed for the bifurcation one. Even removing the rad brackets, I think there will no space.

But I hope to be wrong! :D

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@pslate You DAN/Ghost cables are absolutely PERFECT for the T1 and the PSU in the standard configuration.

About the EPS for the CPU: the actual length is perfect for the 3 Slots GPU configuration.
As mentioned before, for the 2 slots, The CPU cable should be 2/3cm longer.

Thanks a lot for your work man!

Last edited:
Reactions: masklee and rfarmer

incfex

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 6, 2020
Update 2020-03-29 : Preorder Update!

For customer in China, sales will be handled via QQ group 837637024.

Proflucifer

Great news!

Do we need to side-note something when we join the group, for example our username on the forum or how we know about this case? I did not put anything down and just hit the "apply" button, have not seen any reply yet so I am a bit worried.

Thanks

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Thanks man!
No WiFi problem so far. The antennas are always from Taoglas. They also have a 90 degrees version of them!

Solved it. The WiFi and Bluetooth drivers for the Intel AX200 on the Gigabyte website are not the most recent ones.

Gigabyte: 21.50
Directly from Intel: 21.80

The bug a lot of people (myself included) experienced were random disconnects when using the 5GHz band. 2.4GHz was fine.

Works like a charm now!

Reactions: fabio

obelisk619

Case Bender
New User
Mar 29, 2020
Holy crap, I just got here from OptimumTechs' final build and I can't wait to get my hands on one of these once they're ready for the consumer market. I'll hold off on building my itx system until this one becomes available. (Planning a 6c/12t cpu with 5700xt/2070s all aircooled in this, or whatevers the latest similar parts when this becomes available)

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
Solved it. The WiFi and Bluetooth drivers for the Intel AX200 on the Gigabyte website are not the most recent ones.

Gigabyte: 21.50
Directly from Intel: 21.80

The bug a lot of people (myself included) experienced were random disconnects when using the 5GHz band. 2.4GHz was fine.

Works like a charm now!
I understand that some people don't like software updates but if you don't mind then I recommend running "Intel Driver & Support Assistant" to get notifications.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Great news!

Do we need to side-note something when we join the group, for example our username on the forum or how we know about this case? I did not put anything down and just hit the "apply" button, have not seen any reply yet so I am a bit worried.

Thanks

Add SFFN username when requesting to join *if you have one

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
CPU Air Cooling Temperature Comparisons - Alpenfohn Black Ridge v2 vs Noctua L12S

Components:

• CPU
    • Intel i5 9600K
    • 4.6Ghz All Core Overclock at 1.175v
    • AVX offset - 2
    • LLC - 1
    • Long duration power limit - 95w
    • Short duration power limit - 135w
  • GPU
    • EVGA RTX 2070 XC Gaming
    • +110 boost clock
    • +850 memory clock
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Alpenfohn Black Ridge v2 w/ two fans
    • 92mm Fan: Noctua NF-A9
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15
Idle Temps - 32-36 C
  • RealBench 15min Stress Test:
    • CPU Max temperature - 74 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 61 C

• Cinebench R20 5 Pass Loop (2:05 per loop):
    • CPU Max temperature - 71 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 33 C

• 1 hour+ Hunt Showdown Gaming:
    • CPU Max temperature - 71 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 76 C
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Noctua L12S
    • 120mm Fan: Noctua NF-A12x15
Idle Temps - 28-31 C
  • RealBench 15min Stress Test:
    • CPU Max temperature - 68 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 56 C

• Cinebench R20 5 Pass Loop (2:05 per loop):
    • CPU Max temperature - 66 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 29 C

• 1 hour+ Hunt Showdown Gaming:
    • CPU Max temperature - 64 C
    • GPU Max temperature - 73 C

Conclusion:

I'm impressed with how well BRv2 holds up against the larger Noctua L12S in my temperature comparison, but there is a major difference that I unfortunately don't have the proper tools to measure, and that's noise levels. Using only my ears, I can say the L12S is noticeably quieter than BRv2, and I can only assume that has all to do with how close the fan is to the mesh perforations with BRv2. I didn't pay close enough attention to the fan RPMs when BRv2 was installed, but my CPU fan didn't break 1050 RPM on the L12S during the Cinebench R20 run, which blows my mind. For anyone with Noctua fans in their systems, you know that's practically silent.

Another major pro for the L12S is the installation process. Noctua has made that a very easy and satisfying experience, whereas installing the BRv2 is the opposite of that. Beginners need to take a lot of care when installing BRv2, as there are no preventative measures in place to prevent tightening the mounting screws to the point of snapping your motherboard in half.

I know my CPU OC can't be described as anything other than mild, and the 9600K isn't that hot of a chip to begin with, but hopefully these results help future builders in the FormD T1. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to seeing more T1 builds!

Last edited:

bpark919

Trash Compacter
May 10, 2018
So I impulse purchased what appears to be the last bitspower leviathan slim 240 multiport from titanrig. Not too much info on it but I believe it was a rebranded hwlabs L-series with the added ports? It's also 30mm thick but has 16 FPI density compared to the alphacool 12 FPI that Ali used. Gonna try to cram it into my T1 when it comes... If it comes. Tracking hasn't updated since the 23rd. Crazy since I received a package from Japan that shipped on the 25th and it has already arrived ...

Once I get the case I have three rads to test: bitspower leviathan 240 slim, alphacool LT240 rad, and xspc tx240 slim. I'm running a ddc in my loop though as I was concerned about the LT240 longevity issues and head pressure through my loop (have qdc's on basically every component for ease of testing).

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
If you want to know the temp, I made the SAME test than optimum tech, 35 minutes of Blender Cycles render and Heaven 4.0 on the Titan V.
My ambient temp is 27C though, his one is 21C.
CPU has a Vcore offset of -0.1
The FANs spin at 62% MAX, thanks to the Noctua NA-FC1 PMW controller that cap the BIOS settings (Standard profile)
Then, IT's crazy silent!

Blender Cycles Benchmark scene at 4096x1920 resolution to achieve the 35 minutes rendering

Heaven 4.0 on the Titan V (Watercooled)

Last edited:

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Just if you were asking how I fill the loop... Everything is accessible, and I can do it (of course I did a leak test first) with the entire system in place!
Great minds think alike :D I was planning to do this but with the alphacool flow meter which has a 3rd port to fill/bleed but with the current GPU it wont fit!