Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Well, the "feeling lucky" build is still on track! And, if you want to know, NO BULGE! (If you see any, is an optical illusion, like in the first page the pictures with the LT240!)

Removing ALL the rubber pad from the noctua fan, you get 1,5mm off, + the 27mm radiator, well, there are only 0,5mm of difference compared to the LT240 Build! :D.

Today is a good day...
Nice! I had a feeling in my gut there would be other rads that fit just fine.

Thats the EK SE240 Classic right? the standard SE240 is meant to be pretty bad for a 240. Curious to see how the classic performs. Could you have mounted it PANEL>FANS>RAD? I am considering it to remove any fan blade clearance issues. Also allows for running angled fittings and tubes super parallel to the radiator.

Just FYI I spoke to XSPC and their shipments are being affected. No stock in Australia of the TX240 and no eta on more. So if you want this rad I'd buy now. But it also may be a none issue since we cant buy the case yet anyway haha.
With 27mm there is only space for two 15mm fans, correct? No one 15mm and one 25mm? What is the upside of this specific radiator compared to the LT240 one?
The LT240 only comes in the LT240 kit. So essentially unless you purchase the AIO you cannot get the LT240. I have a Kelin T12 (fractal rebrand) which I will need a 240mm rad for. So I others trying different rad configs is a big help.

So yeh its less about maximizing performance and more about availability and other hardware choices.

Reactions: fabio

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Which sounds really awesome! Sorry for asking again, but would a 25mm thick fan and a 15mm thick fan be possible in this configuration? Already bought the 25mm thick one :D

Just use double sided tape, it’s very tight, so you don’t even need to use Fan Bracket.

Using double sided tape means no need to worry about fan bracket spacing for 240mm radiators.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Working on the manual, just been busy with virus sideaffects.

Use the white / clear rubber pad, attach it to the T frame, this will support the Side Mesh Panels.

Oh for sure! I was just offering my feedback to help! Considering this is the first run of a brand new case, it's pretty incredible that only the manual needs work.

I had a sneaking suspicion the little pads could be the fix, but didn't want to use them in the wrong place before asking. Thanks!

Edit: Those little pads made it feel rock solid! What a difference!

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Getting close...!!

You can see I've managed to add the Alphacool DC-LT 40 Reservoir+Pump (fill ports) and thanks to a T fitting, I've put a passthrough thermal sensor that can work as a drain port!

This specific configuration was possible keeping the structure in 2 slots GPU configuration but moving the PSU closer to the panel thanks to the included standoff.

So I could clear the space to have the Pump combo aligned with the radiator port.

Last edited:

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Getting close...!!

You can see I've managed to add the Alphacool DC-LT 40 Reservoir+Pump (fill ports) and thanks to a T fitting, I've put a passthrough thermal sensor that can work as a drain port!

This specific configuration was possible keeping the structure in 2 slots GPU configuration but moving the PSU closer to the panel thanks to the included standoff.

So I could clear the space to have the Pump combo aligned with the radiator port.

I can't believe this is finally happening. God damnit. So happy for you!

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Getting close...!!

@fabio you tease! I wanna see those tubing runs!

I also ran into the same issue with the mounting bracket. If I mounted 4 screws to the rear bracket, I also would not have been able to mount a full size fan in the front position. So I just used 2 screws, and like wahaha said, it's very snug so I fell safe doing this.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Same stress test I did in the Ghost: the temps ARE AMAZING!

Only 2/3 degrees higher than the Ghost, but that was using the phenomenal Noctua A12x25!

Without FurMark the CPU stay at 76 degrees MAX, exactly the same than in the Ghost. ?

So the GPU in the loop, under stress, is adding 4 degrees to the CPU.

(My system is also running above a radiator, so I am pretty sure the system can run less hotter on a normal desk!)

The pump speed goes from 80% to 100% relative to the Water Temp.

The fans are in the Standard Bios setup.

This system is SUPER QUIET!

denys_349

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
This concerns me; I'm looking at a Corsair h55 and a Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 xt. Is the LT240 mount especially thick that this becomes a problem? Or is the secufirm2 especially thin?
I can't say that any of them are too thin or too thick, but LT240 is thicker than NVMe SDD on the backside on the mobo, unlike the noctua mounting; you also need to keep in mind that riser goes there, so you'll have gpu -> riser -> ssd/cooler mount -> mobo, and if cooler mount is thicker than sdd that's become the issue

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018

Only 2/3 degrees higher than the Ghost, but that was using the phenomenal Noctua A12x25!

Without FurMark the CPU stay at 76 degrees MAX, exactly the same than in the Ghost. ?

(My system is also running above a radiator, so I am pretty sure the system can run less hotter on a normal desk!)

Why didnt‘t you use the A12x25? ?
Also super excited to build your loop for my machine!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Why didnt‘t you use the A12x25? ?
Also super excited to build your loop for my machine!
Well, mainly because in my build there is no space for it!

I've also used the bracket to secure the radiator, and I wanted to have matching fans! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHudacris

arthasdklol

Trash Compacter
Nov 14, 2019

Am I seeing correctly 1455Mhz on GPU on the stress test? Isn't this a bit low?

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
Well, mainly because in my build there is no space for it!

I've also used the bracket to secure the radiator, and I wanted to have matching fans! :D
What exactly is preventing you to use it? Don't get me wrong, I don't want to sound condescending, just want to understand all the possibilities :D