Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Basriy

Chassis Packer
Feb 18, 2020
Power buttons will be delivered with the case. Other options would be some custom ones, for example pslate comes to mind
Sorry, but are you in a manufacturer team? Because I received the case without power button. And I don't complain, because initial offer clearly stated that it will be without, and I accepted it. With pleasure. ;)

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Sorry, but are you in a manufacturer team? Because I received the case without power button. And I don't complain, because initial offer clearly stated that it will be without, and I accepted it. With pleasure. ;)

@Wahaha360 stated previously that the power buttons didn’t arrive in time to go out with the test shipments, but would be shipped to test shippers separately. So it should still be coming theoretically. Alternatively you could order a vandal button from elsewhere.

Basriy

Chassis Packer
Feb 18, 2020
@Wahaha360 stated previously that the power buttons didn’t arrive in time to go out with the test shipments, but would be shipped to test shippers separately. So it should still be coming theoretically. Alternatively you could order a vandal button from elsewhere.
I am not quoting You on that, but if they are coming I will be waiting for sure! No vandalism. :p

Basriy

Chassis Packer
Feb 18, 2020
I couldn't figure out what this plate is for. Initial thought is that it is for the cases turned upside down. Can anyone correct me please.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Thank you, thought it might be the case. Why so many holes in between then?

Easter egg feature for mounting PSU in 90 degrees, but you'll need your own nuts or something because the holes aren't threaded. I just went back and looked for the posts mentioning it, it's around page 195-196.

Reactions: Basriy

bigwhiteyeti

Caliper Novice
Jan 27, 2020
can anyone with the case provide some information about the mesh side panel? what is it made of, the thickness, the hole sizes? I wanted to make one for my case, wondering if it is possible to make one/find a place to custom one for myself. appreciate it.

@Wahaha360 has discussed the panel construction waaay earlier in the thread. Based on what he said, I'd say they aren't something you can DIY easily. He designed them specifically for structural rigidity and airflow. It's not collected in the first post, but if you search his previous comments you should be able to find it.

Wahaha360: Sorry for asking, I have not followed this thread but I really like the case. When and where can we pre-order? Thank you!

Welcome to the thread, please try to read the first post for major updates:

"Update 2020-03-08 : Orders will open *after Test Shipping Candidates receive their T1s and provide feedback!"

0Zx

Trash Compacter
Mar 14, 2020
BUT it's true, that I've never used the stock tubes! If here is the problem, just change tubes! From 8/11mm to 13/10mm there will be no issue inside the FormD T1.

That is exactly what the community has arrived at over the past day or so. I plan to hard line at least half of the loop (the GPU side), and will replace the tubing on the other half or install hard line there as well. If we get an "OEM" hard line solution by the time orders open up, I'll likely go with that instead.

Reactions: Truth

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
What water do you guys put into the loop, do you buy it pre mixed with shit from places like micro center or ek, or do you do your own thing, if so what do you use?

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Easter egg feature for mounting PSU in 90 degrees, but you'll need your own nuts or something because the holes aren't threaded. I just went back and looked for the posts mentioning it, it's around page 195-196.
They are threaded (the own that support the PSU bracket at least), that what I used in my configuration (edit :eek:h you talked about the middles one, sorry read to fast)

The parts that I have no idea of why they exist are those ones:

What water do you guys put into the loop, do you buy it pre mixed with shit from places like micro center or ek, or do you do your own thing, if so what do you use?
Bought some CKC form alphacool

Reactions: PBJ

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
They are threaded (the own that support the PSU bracket at least), that what I used in my configuration (edit :eek:h you talked about the middles one, sorry read to fast)

The parts that I have no idea of why they exist are those ones:

Sorry, I don't know what those are for...back on pages 195-197 somewhere, @Wahaha360 mentioned they are used to secure GPU hold down bracket but those are threaded already. Maybe I'll figure it out as I finish the build.

Suggested revision of radiator/fan bracket: extend the slow of the read bracket and shorten the slot of the front bracket. In the instance of using thicker (not supported) radiators, only 2 screws can be used to secure the radiator. With this small change to the brackets only (looks like steel sheet), other radiators can be officially supported? In my opinion, fans between the panel and radiator are the way to go for all non LT240 radiators. Pictures to illustrate:

Reactions: Truth

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Sorry, I don't know what those are for...back on pages 195-197 somewhere, @Wahaha360 mentioned they are used to secure GPU hold down bracket but those are threaded already. Maybe I'll figure it out as I finish the build.
I think he was talking about the L shapes ones (since that's their purpose) and not those ones

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

Suggested revision of radiator/fan bracket: extend the slow of the read bracket and shorten the slot of the front bracket. In the instance of using thicker (not supported) radiators, only 2 screws can be used to secure the radiator. With this small change to the brackets only (looks like steel sheet), other radiators can be officially supported? In my opinion, fans between the panel and radiator are the way to go for all non LT240 radiators. Pictures to illustrate:

The small pieces are to offset the gpu riser, in a completely NOT supported configuration of bifurcation. :)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

My first build with it was to exactly reuse the tubes, just having cut them to fit my needs.

The second build was made using Barrows 13/10mm fittings and of course other tubes.

I’ve never kept the original QuickDisconnect.

You should get worse temps if you put the fans between panel and radiator.

The only way to beat the T1 + LT240 with 25mm and 15mm radiator setup is:

*dual 25mm thick fans on radiator (make the case at least 15mm taller and make the case > 10L

Most radiators are higher fin density compare to LT240, and the slim fan really struggles to push hot air through. When you are using a Slim fan, it basically limits you to low FPI radiators.