Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Unfortunately results from this test shipment will be heavily affected by lockdown. My package is stuck for a week now in Poland with status 'International Postal System, Customs clearance'. Not sure where exactly but it was in Warsaw earlier, which is also not the delivery address. No updates on any additional costs yet.
I was planning on flying to Poland today to pick it up but that also is not going to happen. So not sure when it gets delivered, not sure when I'll be able to pick it up and start my build and no info on taxes and handling fees. Plus power button as a separate delivery which is not being tracked so maybe not available yet.
Will update you guys if anything changes.
I have no idea where mine is. Left in a plane in China on the 7th. We’re just gonna have to wait it out.

Last edited:

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
Aight, I was originally looking into the LT240, but after the numerous products have faced bacterial growth, or at least something of similar appearance, not only in the posts made by users here but as well through gamers nexus's recent videos on the TR4 models from enermax. Now I'm looking at putting together my own water cooling loop made from EK soft tubing, block, pump, and radiator. What would be good models to look at which would not only minimize sound in regard to the pump, but profile and adequate cooling at the sizes needed to fit in this case. Just trying to cool a 3700x, no gpu watercooling necessary as I'm using a 3 slot red devil 5700.

Amathophobia

Caliper Novice
Mar 9, 2020
Aight, I was originally looking into the LT240, but after the numerous products have faced bacterial growth, or at least something of similar appearance, not only in the posts made by users here but as well through gamers nexus's recent videos on the TR4 models from enermax. Now I'm looking at putting together my own water cooling loop made from EK soft tubing, block, pump, and radiator. What would be good models to look at which would not only minimize sound in regard to the pump, but profile and adequate cooling at the sizes needed to fit in this case. Just trying to cool a 3700x, no gpu watercooling necessary as I'm using a 3 slot red devil 5700.

Im not sure where you will find space for a pump when using a 3 slot gpu. A well as finding a radiator that will fit.

pslate

Caliper Novice
May 17, 2018
What about the other US Test Shippers?

Received mine yesterday! Hopefully will get some time with it in the next few days.

Here's my relevant tracking info if it helps:

2020-03-18 12:19
LAWRENCEVILLE, GA 30043, Arrived at Post Office

2020-03-18 08:38
ATLANTA-PEACHTREE GA DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Destination Facility

2020-03-17 15:08
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Departed USPS Regional Facility

2020-03-17 10:13
CHICAGO IL INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

2020-03-15 18:01
Airline departure

2020-03-07 18:44
Guangzhou, leaving the Guangzhou International Center, the next stop , Guangzhou International Center (via transfer)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019

I received mine! Quality is too notch, assembly went smoothly. I test fit my intended radiator/fans and it fits! So next step is to year down my current build as I'm reusing those parts. Will be a slow process with the quarantine.

Received mine yesterday! Hopefully will get some time with it in the next few days.

Phil, may I request that you also offer custom cables for the flipped/upside down PSU orientation?

Last edited:

Truth

Formerly TutorialIsland
Mar 19, 2020
I received mine! Quality is too notch, assembly went smoothly. I test fit my intended radiator/fans and it fits! So next step is to year down my current build as I'm reusing those parts. Will be a slow process with the quarantine.

Phil, may I request that you also offer custom cables for the flipped/upside down PSU orientation?
Looks very nice, album possibly? Also what 240 is that in the bottom?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
@Brude27 I have a feeling we’re gonna be the last ones ?

In the same situation you are (Texas), no updates since the 7th (last one was "Guangzhou, delivered to air transport", and the one before that was "Guangzhou, leaving the Guangzhou International Center, the next stop , Guangzhou International Exchange Station (via transfer)"

Reactions: PBJ and Brude27

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@Brude27 I have a feeling we’re gonna be the last ones ?

In the same situation you are (Texas), no updates since the 7th (last one was "Guangzhou, delivered to air transport", and the one before that was "Guangzhou, leaving the Guangzhou International Center, the next stop , Guangzhou International Exchange Station (via transfer)"

Yeah... I’m really happy for everyone else that has gotten their T1, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t annoying to see zero updates on my tracking. I recognize the world is in a crisis at the moment, but I would selfishly really like to be able to work on my T1 during that time lol. I have custom sleeving supplies and everything waiting!

Reactions: pwnedundies and PBJ

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Yeah... I’m really happy for everyone else that has gotten their T1, but I’d be lying if I said it wasn’t annoying to see zero updates on my tracking. I recognize the world is in a crisis at the moment, but I would selfishly really like to be able to work on my T1 during that time lol. I have custom sleeving supplies and everything waiting!

I feel you there. While I’m not a test shipper I’d still love to order the T1. With how slow things seem to be moving, it might be awhile before we can order. Gotta keep telling myself to be patient, otherwise I’ll end up impulsively buying an Ncase M1.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017

You can still use the lt240, just replace the tubing and the fittings which could solve the problem. I am replacing all the fittings with the ek equivalent and the rubber tubing they sell which hopefully would solve the problem. The only things I am keeping of the lt240 is the rad and the cpu block.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
I was about to reach out to Alphacool about the corrosion issue being discussed here. I figured I would do a little research first in case they have updated the materials used. The exploded parts diagram on page 3 shows copper-colored screws in the copper plate in the LT series:

https://www.alphacool.com/download/EisbaerLT_Datasheet_EN.pdf

The press/product photos and manual on the website show copper-colored screws in the copper plate, as does the photo in the link to the Baidu post. How is it possible for galvanic corrosion to happen here if those screws are copper? Is the implication that they are using copper plated screws and the plating is failing which is causing the underlying material to cause corrosion? Is maybe another component that was added to the AIO causing the problem? Additionally, there are no reports of this corrosion on their forum that I could tell. Please tell me what I am missing.

0Zx
I remembered this post from awhile back and sounds like it may be the same issue. Now the question is, is it plasticizer due to the PVC Tubing or is ir corrosion due to the screws?

EDIT: Alphacool is now using rubber tubing instead of PVC in the new Eisbaer AIO, so that could be it.
just finished changing the tubing out on my LT240 to 8/11 epdm (WIP pic), and what i found while draining the loop after ~5 months of use (dat september t1 release date) was that there was a considerable amount of plasticizer in the coolant, and that the cape kelvin was noticeably dirty (likely due to the former). so i'd say it's probably best for those of you who are not interested in maintaining your loop to go with either a 120 aio that uses rubber tubing, or wait until the tmach1/t1 tophat release so that you can use a more plug-and-play friendly 240 aio.
So lets get all the information together.

- The stock PVC piping causes issues. So that needs to be replaced.
- The cold plate mount screws are not copper or brass. So we need to find out the exact specs of the screws and source a replacement.

These are the screws in question right?

Here is the tube spec. I wasnt planning on swapping my tubes. But I really dont want issues...

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
So lets get all the information together.

- The stock PVC piping causes issues. So that needs to be replaced.
- The cold plate mount screws are not copper or brass. So we need to find out the exact specs of the screws and source a replacement.
To get everything in one place there's also an issue with back plate on Intel. As I understand not a problem with Ryzen. Is that correct?

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

max31092

Average Stuffer
Mar 1, 2020
Do the screws actually have contact with the liquid? After a quick view of the pictures in #4,269 I think they don't. So new tubing and liquid should be fine. I don't think the fittings should be a problem since I'm using alphacools since since 2014 and I have absolutely no gunk in my system.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
To get everything in one place there's also an issue with back plate on Intel. As I understand not a problem with Ryzen. Is that correct?

It should not be an issue with AMD according to @fabio , but I was gonna install my LT240 into my temporary case today and the bracket that comes together on the block was extremely hard to get on. I actually messed up and put it on in the wrong direction and now I can't get it off lmao.