Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

denys_349

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
I would really appreciate it! I plan on being on air cooling for the foreseeable future until there is a distroplate.
just done some testing, to be more precise, played a little in a Fallen Order, apart from that, tried to measure noise level with my phone. As result:
ambient noise with all fans off and CPU fan @ 350 rpm - 44 dba
CPU fan @ 1300 rpm - 49 dba
CPU fan @ full speed - 56 dba
CPU fan & case fan (nocua a12x25) both @ 1300rpm + GPU @ 60% (1500 rpm) - 60 dba
I don't sure that this numbers are close to real, but should help in a relative comparison.

In my subjective opinion, CPU fan is not at issue there at all while gaming, GPU/PSU (in my case) is definitely louder and produces higher frequencies than CPU fan. At 1300 rpm it's clearly audible, but I can't call it not annoying nor somehow differently. The other question is which CPU are you using and with which types of workloads, I removed the fps limit while gaming, so my CPU was loaded at 50-100% all the time, and 1300rpm was enough to keep the hottest core below 90 degree under 100% load and something like 80 all other time, so that's absolutely fine for me.

What's really is annoying that's the coils noise from the GPU, but nothing to do there.

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Thanks mate. Been looking into it. Gonna see if I can modify the stock am3 one first. But I dont think there is enough meat.

I think I'm gonna go with a TX240. So it would be. Panel>fana>rad. Since the tubing will need to make a 90 degree turn I am looking at angled fittings. Plenty of rotoray 90 degree fittings. But concerned they'll be too tall.

Anyone know if there fixed rotation fittings will have enough angle to clear the rad?

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
Well, finished my T1 build, it took a lot of time, but i'm pretty happy with it, at least because everything fits nicely. It's not a final version, as I already have an LT240, and just waiting while SF750 will return to stock. GPU is also non-optimal for this case, as I have to move the rear part with connectors closer to the side a bit, but it was only 2mm, so nothing critical imo.

The case itself is very high quality and made with a high precision, except for one point, which is the rear top GPU cap, I had to apply some force to fit it in place, and it's not possible to get it back without a screwdriver, which left some scratches on the rear panel, they are not visible while cap is installed, so I don't worry about it. I think that reducing the cap height for a 1mm should solve the problem. Also I do not exclude the case that I did something wrong, and that's not an issue at all, but I haven't found any other way to install the cap.

Regarding the shipment, package was valued at 47 USD so no fees were applied at all, I just got it from the local post office. Outer box was in a very good condition with only some minor dents on angles, inner box and the case itself was in perfect condition.

Did u run your L12S fan as intake or exhaust? I find that if I run it as intake, with the same cpu temp around 55 c during gaming, fan speed is about 50-60% when using fan as intake and will increase to 70-80% when using as exhaust. Using fan as intake does heat up the case a lot even with a exhaust fan.

Unfortunately for those planning to use the L12S, this is the only way to mount it (with regards to the heat pipe orientation), so if u flip the case, it will be against what noctua recommends. However I did not notice any difference in performance and temperature.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Thanks mate. Been looking into it. Gonna see if I can modify the stock am3 one first. But I dont think there is enough meat.

I think I'm gonna go with a TX240. So it would be. Panel>fana>rad. Since the tubing will need to make a 90 degree turn I am looking at angled fittings. Plenty of rotoray 90 degree fittings. But concerned they'll be too tall.

Anyone know if there fixed rotation fittings will have enough angle to clear the rad?

I think that for your setup the heigh is not a problem, from the pictures I've seen around with the PSU mounted normally there is enough space!

The shortest 90 degrees fittings I know are the Koolance:

But sometimes they can have an issue with the compression fittings hitting the rad or whatever.

I think with they Alphacool you've chosen your are safe!

Reactions: SSJ4

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio have you gotten your T1 yet? I want to see what crazy build you do lol.
Not Yet! It has been cleared by the customs. So I expect to receive in 2 days max!

Well, The build will be more or less the same I put in the Ghost! But I will try to put a DDC and an AquaComputer Quadro if I can!

IF only ASUS was allowing a Bifurcation I could have tried to have 2 GPU and 1 CPU cooled by one 240 RAD :D

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Not Yet! It has been cleared by the customs. So I expect to receive in 2 days max!

Well, The build will be more or less the same I put in the Ghost! But I will try to put a DDC and an AquaComputer Quadro if I can!

IF only ASUS was allowing a Bifurcation I could have tried to have 2 GPU and 1 CPU cooled by one 240 RAD :D

I’m a newbie to water cooling (besides closed loop AIOs, but do you have a parts list for the fittings and tubes? I’ll be using the LT Solo for the pump block and it’ll be in the 3slot gpu orientation.

denys_349

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
Did u run your L12S fan as intake or exhaust? I find that if I run it as intake, with the same cpu temp around 55 c during gaming, fan speed is about 50-60% when using fan as intake and will increase to 70-80% when using as exhaust. Using fan as intake does heat up the case a lot even with a exhaust fan.

Unfortunately for those planning to use the L12S, this is the only way to mount it (with regards to the heat pipe orientation), so if u flip the case, it will be against what noctua recommends. However I did not notice any difference in performance and temperature.
I'm running it as intake and bottom noctua fan as exhaust, I think that I can improve the temperatures by flipping the case, but then I also need to flip the PSU which is not possible for me, so i'm fine with my setup, as it's temporary until i'l get an SF750.
And yes, case is pretty hot, top and front part especially, top part because of the CPU & PSU and front because my GPU has radiator fins parallel with the case so hot air exhausts at the front and rear of the GPU.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I’m a newbie to water cooling (besides closed loop AIOs, but do you have a parts list for the fittings and tubes? I’ll be using the LT Solo for the pump block and it’ll be in the 3slot gpu orientation.
I will use these fittings and tubes:

If you have a Low Profile Memory like the Corsair Vengeance you shouldn't have any problem!

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020
I find that if I run it as intake, with the same cpu temp around 55 c during gaming, fan speed is about 50-60% when using fan as intake and will increase to 70-80% when using as exhaust. Using fan as intake does heat up the case a lot even with a exhaust fan.
Do I understand correctly, that your tests show that intake is better for CPU temps (or alternatively with same CPU temps lower noise) but worse for case temps?

I'm running L12S in Ghost but after bending pipes there's no room to make such tests.

chinyang

Trash Compacter
Oct 17, 2018
Do I understand correctly, that your tests show that intake is better for CPU temps (or alternatively with same CPU temps lower noise) but worse for case temps?

I'm running L12S in Ghost but after bending pipes there's no room to make such tests.

correct

Reactions: bynio

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I'm just catching up on things with this case - do we know generally what it will cost (Canadian) and if additional runs are coming once things settle down worldwide?