Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
It will be difficult to make the clearance wider b/c doing so will reduce the side wall thickness. During CNC machining, the vibration from the cutter might break it the part if the side walls are not sufficiently thick.

There is suppose to be 120.8mm width. Can you measure your radiator width and the width of your chassis for me?
Sorry I do not have a caliper with me. Can't go to office to retrieve it yet since everyone's to work from home

For now this is the best I can get:

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Still no concrete answer on how to mount the LT with securfirm to AM4. Hopefully someone will post some photos and a how too.

In the meantime it may be possible to use securfirm and the AM3 bracket with modifications. Just cut the corners out.

No idea if the cold plate will reach the cpu. But there is plenty of thread to get a nut on the post possibly even a spring. Considering the AM3 brackets will end up not being used by 99% of people. I am thinking of sacrificing them and seeing if this method works.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Still no concrete answer on how to mount the LT with securfirm to AM4. Hopefully someone will post some photos and a how too.

In the meantime it may be possible to use securfirm and the AM3 bracket with modifications. Just cut the corners out.

No idea if the cold plate will reach the cpu. But there is plenty of thread to get a nut on the post possibly even a spring. Considering the AM3 brackets will end up not being used by 99% of people. I am thinking of sacrificing them and seeing if this method works.

I think you use the 2 holes in the middle because im pretty sure noctua coolers mount using the middle 2 and the bracket seems aligned with the 2 things in the middle already.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
No change for me either. Now I’m kinda worried since ours left earlier. Well, maybe Tomorrow
Same. No updates on the tracking, still shows "2020-03-09 - 航空公司启运 (Airline departure)"
I'm not worried though, EMS tends to be always slow and the situatuion here in Italy does not help.

• Sad
Reactions: DrHudacris

denys_349

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
This it the L12S, yes? Which CPU are you using? Does it get loud/very audible/annoying when gaming?
yes, this is l12s, i'm using i7-7700k@4.8GHz/1.25V also I have fixed speed for it while gaming, 1300 rpm, it was pretty audible in the previous case, and I still had no chance to test it in the T1.
I'm sure that noise level from the l12s will be lower now, as currently there is only one fan and it's below the radiator, previously I had push-pull config with one fan mounted on the case panel and there was turbulence noise from it.
I'll let you know when I done some testing with temperatures/noise level.

Reactions: Dapoktan

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
yes, this is l12s, i'm using i7-7700k@4.8GHz/1.25V also I have fixed speed for it while gaming, 1300 rpm, it was pretty audible in the previous case, and I still had no chance to test it in the T1.
I'm sure that noise level from the l12s will be lower now, as currently there is only one fan and it's below the radiator, previously I had push-pull config with one fan mounted on the case panel and there was turbulence noise from it.
I'll let you know when I done some testing with temperatures/noise level.
I would really appreciate it! I plan on being on air cooling for the foreseeable future until there is a distroplate.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016

I am pretty sure that the NOCTUA SecureFirm works with Intel 115X socket, because it replace the Alphacool Backplate that can be a mess to remove.

BUT for AM4 or amd, just use the stock AMD backplate and the four nuts/screws/spring included with the cooler and that’s it. I’ve installed the LT Solo on your same motherboard many times and no problem till now!

oopsiesoup

Caliper Novice
Feb 20, 2020
Hi, im just wondering what the buying process will be like. Will it be simple like go on website pay with credit card and done? i don't knw how all the customs thing work for new york, and when to pay for it. is it difficult to get this listed on Amazon?

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Has anybody completed a build yet with a 2.5 inch drive?
If by that you mean 2.5 SSD, yes I did, the end of the rigid plastic of the alim cable doesn't fit properly in the slot but it worked fine, they're just a little tension on it

Hi, im just wondering what the buying process will be like. Will it be simple like go on website pay with credit card and done? i don't knw how all the customs thing work for new york, and when to pay for it. is it difficult to get this listed on Amazon?
Yes that's how it work for sending the package. But on the receiving end you can have custom fee that you will have to pay at delivery, you may even have to provide the VAT receipt to the custom first in some instances

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Yes that's how it work for sending the package. But on the receiving end you can have custom fee that you will have to pay at delivery, you may even have to provide the VAT receipt to the custom first in some instances
he's in new york, so no import duty, VAT, or customs handling fees.

basically just pay for the case + shipping on the [insert company name here] website via shopify payment platform, wait for shipping/delivery (which is clearly a bit right delayed now based on the US test shippers' responses), and then that's it.

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

panzermuffin

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 9, 2018
I am pretty sure that the NOCTUA SecureFirm works with Intel 115X socket, because it replace the Alphacool Backplate that can be a mess to remove.

BUT for AM4 or amd, just use the stock AMD backplate and the four nuts/screws/spring included with the cooler and that’s it. I’ve installed the LT Solo on your same motherboard many times and no problem till now!
With stock AMD backplate you mean the one that is already attached to a vanilla AM4 mainboard right out of the box?

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
With stock AMD backplate you mean the one that is already attached to a vanilla AM4 mainboard right out of the box?
Yes! I mean, just follow the instructions on the manual of Alphacool LT for AMD. :) The problem is with the Intel 115X socket that has no factory backplate, and the Alphacool one is not enough "safe".

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Yes! I mean, just follow the instructions on the manual of Alphacool LT for AMD. :) The problem is with the Intel 115X socket that has no factory backplate, and the Alphacool one is not enough "safe".
Ok good information.

So to be clear. There are no issues with mounting AM4. No need for noctua mounting?

Intel is the issue?