Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Cronos83

Average Stuffer
Mar 13, 2020
Don't be worried @PBJ

I've ordered stuff from China many times.

Half of the shit got lost (trackingwise) on it's way here but appeared magically a few days or weeks after at my doorstep.....

To be honest: More things I ordered in China actually made it here than stuff I ordered in my country.... (thanks to the low paycheck the delivery guys get *cough*).

Keep calm.... your're gonna get your case :)

Reactions: PBJ

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
No change for me either. Now I’m kinda worried since ours left earlier. Well, maybe Tomorrow

@Brude27 @PBJ Don't lose hope! I actually never got the "airline release" or "released to airline" update. Only the "airline departure". And also, I think the expected delivery date of 3/17 is just a placeholder. I'm not confident that customs will process it that quickly and also show up on my door step in a day.

Reactions: PBJ and Brude27

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
@Brude27 @PBJ Don't lose hope! I actually never got the "airline release" or "released to airline" update. Only the "airline departure". And also, I think the expected delivery date of 3/17 is just a placeholder. I'm not confident that customs will process it that quickly and also show up on my door step in a day.
Oh, I’m still hopeful that everything will be ok with the shipment! I’m just jealous I didn’t get an update when another American did, haha! It’s silly, but still like wtf mate?! @PBJ shouldn't worry either. Like I said before, tracking from China is very inconsistent, and even USPS is atrocious for what Fedex and UPS have gotten us used to here in the states. We could very well have our packages at our doorsteps before tracking updates, so chin up. We will have our T1s soon. :)

Reactions: PBJ and DrHudacris

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Now that everything is shutting down in my city I need @PBJ's and @Brude27's cases to use as weapons incase everything goes to hell. Guys you will get your packages but they might have some blood on them :p
Forget the blood! I’ll just wipe that off. Just make sure no dents or scratches.
Don't be worried @PBJ

I've ordered stuff from China many times.

Half of the shit got lost (trackingwise) on it's way here but appeared magically a few days or weeks after at my doorstep.....

To be honest: More things I ordered in China actually made it here than stuff I ordered in my country.... (thanks to the low paycheck the delivery guys get *cough*).

Keep calm.... your're gonna get your case :)
Oh, I’m still hopeful that everything will be ok with the shipment! I’m just jealous I didn’t get an update when another American did, haha! It’s silly, but still like wtf mate?! @PBJ shouldn't worry either. Like I said before, tracking from China is very inconsistent, and even USPS is atrocious for what Fedex and UPS have gotten us used to here in the states. We could very well have our packages at our doorsteps before tracking updates, so chin up. We will have our T1s soon. :)
Thanks guys!

I know that with the whole world on fire, a PC case might be meaningless, but who says we can’t have a little fun in the apocalypse?

Stay safe everyone!

Last edited:

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Looks great! I have to ask though, can you control the pump speed on the H75? Because on my H60 it just runs at max all the time because there's no control. Also the SATA power is dumb, Corsair pls
I'm still trying to figure that out myself.
Beautiful build, my friend! Any chance you plan on replacing the stock shroud/fans of the Accelero III with NF-A12x25s? I've contemplated going that route once mine arrives, and would be curious about the fitment.
25mm thick fans won't fit. I measured the distance from the top of the Accelero heatsink to the case side panel to be roughly 15mm. So NF-A9x14 might fit, but I can't confirm. For now I think the stock Accelero fans are sufficiently cool and quiet.

Reactions: Navic and Brude27

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
formdworks.com is a dead web page. Has the official FormD T1 website been moved? Also, is it too late to order one of these?

Regards

Not too late to order. They haven’t opened yet to the public anyway. At least not until the test shippers have gotten theirs in and have given feedback. The website hasn’t launched either.

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
Yep, its still dry, gotta pressure test tomorrow then will give it a bit of a drink and can test temps.

The hot stuff
i9-9900KF
EVGA 2080

The cool stuff
Radiator: TOP240TG
Block: Apogee Drive II
PUMP: EK PWM pump

Wait a minute what did you do to the Apogee block?

If I got it right, you chaged the pump with heatsink from the Apogee and replaced it with an EKW pump, also replaced the Apogee fittings that come out of the block right? Is that pump from EK a ddc one?

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
Wait a minute what did you do to the Apogee block?

If I got it right, you chaged the pump with heatsink from the Apogee and replaced it with an EKW pump, also replaced the Apogee fittings that come out of the block right? Is that pump from EK a ddc one?

Its the drive 2 so it comes naked. But you got it spot on.

Reactions: Luke NK

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Just finished my temporary build. I’m missing some low profile 90 degree fittings, so it’s just a quick build.

Well I've done and goof everyone.

Got a Fractal Kelvin T12 because availability is really bad for the LT240. My intention was to upgrade to a 240mm radiator in the future when I upgraded my 2700x.

But today I received the cooler. Opened the box and looked a the rad... it's a big boi 46mm in fact. It's 60mm of clearance below the PSU right? So even with a slim fan I am out of luck.

Looks like i'm upgrading to a 240mm early.

BTW before anyone asks. Buying the Kelvin T12,TX240 is cheaper than the LT240 with change for fan. So thats why I didnt buy the LT240

Debating the TX240, EK 240SE classic and one of these Goatee please let me know how your radiator goes. Do you know the FPI? couldnt find that specification.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
With how many posts are in this thread and how many responses there are on the survey. Im guessing there are at least 300 people wanting to buy this case. I really do hope that when this case releases there will be enough supply to reach the demand.

Reactions: drdaz

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Well I've done and goof everyone.

Got a Fractal Kelvin T12 because availability is really bad for the LT240. My intention was to upgrade to a 240mm radiator in the future when I upgraded my 2700x.

But today I received the cooler. Opened the box and looked a the rad... it's a big boi 46mm in fact. It's 60mm of clearance below the PSU right? So even with a slim fan I am out of luck.

Looks like i'm upgrading to a 240mm early.

BTW before anyone asks. Buying the Kelvin T12,TX240 is cheaper than the LT240 with change for fan. So thats why I didnt buy the LT240

Debating the TX240, EK 240SE classic and one of these Goatee please let me know how your radiator goes. Do you know the FPI? couldnt find that specification.

TX240 is 125mm wide so I doubt it will fit. I already had a hard time with the Corsair H75 which i measured to be 120mm wide (need to sand down and jam it in).

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
OP has said a couple times it will fit BUT. You need to mount. Panel>Fans>Rad.

Which is what id prefer. Less issue with cable clearance with blades this way.
This is how i mount my H75.

Does it even have enough clearance for Panel>Fan>Rad?

Edit: Nevermind I saw OptimumTech's video. The mounting bracket for the 240 is different so there is enough clearance. And you dont have to push it all the way in because you can use shorter tubing. My bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: johannbl and Drnrcr

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I had to sand down my Corsair H75 rad and force fit it. The gap for the radiator width needs to be increased. It is not a load bearing feature, so I don't see why that can't be done. It has to account for the rads' 120mm nominal width and (reasonable) tolerances.

It will be difficult to make the clearance wider b/c doing so will reduce the side wall thickness. During CNC machining, the vibration from the cutter might break it the part if the side walls are not sufficiently thick.

There is suppose to be 120.8mm width. Can you measure your radiator width and the width of your chassis for me?

denys_349

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2020
Well, finished my T1 build, it took a lot of time, but i'm pretty happy with it, at least because everything fits nicely. It's not a final version, as I already have an LT240, and just waiting while SF750 will return to stock. GPU is also non-optimal for this case, as I have to move the rear part with connectors closer to the side a bit, but it was only 2mm, so nothing critical imo.

The case itself is very high quality and made with a high precision, except for one point, which is the rear top GPU cap, I had to apply some force to fit it in place, and it's not possible to get it back without a screwdriver, which left some scratches on the rear panel, they are not visible while cap is installed, so I don't worry about it. I think that reducing the cap height for a 1mm should solve the problem. Also I do not exclude the case that I did something wrong, and that's not an issue at all, but I haven't found any other way to install the cap.

Regarding the shipment, package was valued at 47 USD so no fees were applied at all, I just got it from the local post office. Outer box was in a very good condition with only some minor dents on angles, inner box and the case itself was in perfect condition.