Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
Seems like most people are slowly getting the case. Hopefully orders will start within 2 weeks. My messy workbench has been sitting here for almost 2 months lol.

Reactions: drdaz

posure

Trash Compacter
Feb 14, 2020
Seems like most people are slowly getting the case. Hopefully orders will start within 2 weeks. My messy workbench has been sitting here for almost 2 months lol.

I picked up a test bench bare frame to use while I wait for preorders to open. Works pretty well in the meantime — also just wanted to make sure nothing was broken.

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
Finished my T1 build! Gallery here:

Spec:
- Delidded i7-8700K
- Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX
- 32GB Crucial Ballistix LT 3200MHz C16
- Adata SX8200PRO 2TB M.2
- EVGA 1080Ti SC Black / Accelero III
- Corsair H75
- 2 x Noctua NF A12x25 PWM
- Corsair SF600 Platinum

Thoughts on the case:
- Build quality is great. Case feels very solid. People had some concerns about the mesh panels but they are actually strong.
- Assembly is fairly simple. Instruction guide could use more details about the different case configurations.
- My Pslate custom cables were made to length for the DAN A4, not the T1. The lengths are sufficient (24 pin is really tight though).
- Could use 1 or 2 features/holes between the mobo and PSU for cable ties. This would also help for AIO tube routing. The tubing on the H75 are stiff, I'd recommend getting other AIO with more flexible tubing.
- Accelero III fits snug. The plastic cover of the cooler touches the side panel, no interference with the fans.
- The power plug uses snap fit. I'd prefer the power plug to be secured better to the case with screws. Not a big deal though.
- I had to sand down my Corsair H75 rad and force fit it. The gap for the radiator width needs to be increased. It is not a load bearing feature, so I don't see why that can't be done. It has to account for the rads' 120mm nominal width and (reasonable) tolerances.

I haven't done any proper thermal testing. I did ran MH Iceborne to see the temps. For comparison:
- Dan A4 / L9i / Stock EVGA 1080Ti SC cooler = 75C CPU / 85C GPU
- T1 / Corsair H75 / Accelero III = 59C CPU / 66C GPU
The T1 setup is a lot quieter.

Rant not really related to the case: TIL Corsair uses SATA power for the AIO pump. WHY!? Adds unnecessary cables to an already packed case. Coolermaster doesn''t use one, as does EK. Not sure about other brands.

I'm happy with the build, but watching OptimumTech's video makes me want to try custom loop. Send help.

Last edited:

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020

Spec:
- Delidded i7-8700K
- Corsair H75
- Corsair SF600 Platinum

Thoughts on the case:
- Build quality is great. Case feels very solid. People had some concerns about the mesh panels but they are actually strong.
- Assembly is fairly simple. Instruction guide could use more details about the different case configurations.
- My Pslate custom cables were made to length for the DAN A4, not the T1. The lengths are sufficient (24 pin is really tight though).
- Could use 1 or 2 features/holes between the mobo and PSU for cable ties. This would also help for AIO tube routing. The tubing on the H75 are stiff, I'd recommend getting other AIO with more flexible tubing.
- Accelero III fits snug. The plastic cover of the cooler touches the side panel, no interference with the fans.
- The power plug uses snap fit. I'd prefer the power plug to be secured better to the case with screws. Not a big deal though.
- I had to sand down my Corsair H75 rad and force fit it. The gap for the radiator width needs to be increased. It is not a load bearing feature, so I don't see why that can't be done. It has to account for the rads' 120mm nominal width and (reasonable) tolerances.

I haven't done any proper thermal testing. I did ran MH Iceborne to see the temps. For comparison:

Rant not really related to the case: TIL Corsair uses SATA power for the AIO pump. WHY!? Adds unnecessary cables to an already packed case. Coolermaster doesn''t use one, as does EK. Not sure about other brands.

I'm happy with the build, but watching OptimumTech's video makes me want to try custom loop. Send help.

Oh man so jealous. Let me know how the dust build-up is please, since we are both in SG. ?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019

Spec:
- Delidded i7-8700K
- Corsair H75
- Corsair SF600 Platinum

Thoughts on the case:

Looks great! I have to ask though, can you control the pump speed on the H75? Because on my H60 it just runs at max all the time because there's no control. Also the SATA power is dumb, Corsair pls

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
Update on the shipment!

They've just cleared the package and it was 0DKK for customs, 80DKK (12 usd) for VAT and 160DKK of handling fees from the postal service!
View attachment 465 In total 36 USD. HOPE TOMORROW THEY WILL DELIVER IT!

Do you live in Aarhus by any chance? I'd love to see this thing when you've built it!

... and as I write this, I realise the timing's not so great for that sort of thing. Gah.

Nåh men tillykke!

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
I'm nerding out about gfx card size now ?. I'm looking to use an AIO (like a Corsair h50 for example) mounted at the top of the case, exhausting.

I've also been eyeing some of the quieter 3 slot 5700 xt cards, like the PowerColor Red Devil. According to the spec sheet, it's 132mm high. Will there be enough room for a card like that with the AIO and fan mounted at the top?

Right now it sounds like a tight fit to me ?.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I'm nerding out about gfx card size now ?. I'm looking to use an AIO (like a Corsair h50 for example) mounted at the top of the case, exhausting.

I've also been eyeing some of the quieter 3 slot 5700 xt cards, like the PowerColor Red Devil. According to the spec sheet, it's 132mm high. Will there be enough room for a card like that with the AIO and fan mounted at the top?

Right now it sounds like a tight fit to me ?.

Well there is only room to mount fans or AIO in the bottom. To get the AIO to the top you would flip the entire case, rendering the GPU upside down. So GPU height does not interfere with AIO comparability. And 132mm height is not an issue according to the diagram in the first post, so I think you're ok.

drdaz

Chassis Packer
Mar 8, 2020
Well there is only room to mount fans or AIO in the bottom. To get the AIO to the top you would flip the entire case, rendering the GPU upside down. So GPU height does not interfere with AIO comparability. And 132mm height is not an issue according to the diagram in the first post, so I think you're ok.

I was staring so hard at @heckinwoofer's build photos so hard that this completely slipped my mind. I can see the PCIe connector is near the top in those shots. You're right, and that's awesome! Thanks!

This little case is so very sweet.

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
Beautiful build, my friend! Any chance you plan on replacing the stock shroud/fans of the Accelero III with NF-A12x25s? I've contemplated going that route once mine arrives, and would be curious about the fitment.

Goatee

King of Cable Management
Jun 22, 2018
I would definitely like to see the temps and specs on that. That's the chinese/eBay/Ali Express radiator right?

Yep, its still dry, gotta pressure test tomorrow then will give it a bit of a drink and can test temps.

The hot stuff
i9-9900KF
EVGA 2080

The cool stuff
Radiator: TOP240TG
Block: Apogee Drive II
PUMP: EK PWM pump